Leading mobile phone brand, Techno, in association with African Magic has announced the kick off of Africa’s newest reality entertainment TV show “Techno Own the Stage Karaoke Competition,” which will include participants from Nigeria, Kenya, and Tanzania.
About The Show
It is basically a karaoke competition where contestants get to sing along pre-recorded instrumentals of popular songs while the lyrics are shown on screen in time with the music. To become Africa’s first karaoke champion, the contestants will be Judged by three reputable musical icons – M.I, Yemi Alade and Bien.
Prizes To Be Won
The stakes are really high; there will be only one Karaoke champion but three winners in all.
First Prize: $25,000, Record a song with a Mentor/Judge, a Music Video, a tour with a popular act and a Tecno Phantom 5 smartphone.
Second Prize: $15,000, a 3 month internship program at Chocolate City + Techno Phantom 5 smartphone.
Third Prize: $10,000 and a Techno Phantom 5 smartphone.
To enter for “Techno own the Stage” Karaoke Competition,” you must:
– Be a permanent resident or citizen of Nigeria, Tanzania or Kenya.
– Be 18 years of age or older on 30 September 2015.
– Not have any contractual agreements with brands competing with Tecno Mobile, Mnet, Multichoice or the Africa Magic group.
– Be in possession of a valid passport that enables them to travel if they are chosen as one of the successful contestants for the show.
– Be able to travel and be available to shoot during October 2015 and February 2016.
– Adhere to any possible shoot changes which may change the dates of travel between October 2015 and February 2016.
Entry Into The Competition
In order to enter the Competition, the Entrant must be eligible and will be required to have access to a personal computer or equivalent electronic equipment with a web browser capable of accessing the Competition on the Site where it is hosted and submitting an entry.
The Entrant is solely responsible for obtaining, gaining access to and/or maintaining whatever equipment and facilities the Entrant may require in order to enter and participate in the Competition at the Entrant’s own cost.
Submitting an entry on the Site does not guarantee the Entrant a position in the show.
Submitting an entry on the Site is not an audition, it merely secures the Entrant a slot at an audition.
The Entrant may not use its entry into the competition commercially.
The Entrant must produce proof of eligibility on request.
Submission of an entry on the Site is not transferable (another person cannot perform for the Entrant).
Audition Dates & Venues
Auditions have already held in Kenya and Tanzania, but the good news is Nigeria is next. It holds on Saturday 17th October 2015 at Protea Hotel, Maryland, Lagos. Time: 9am – 5pm. You have to send any entry performance first before participation in the audition. Also, be Punctual as a huge crowd is expected.
All Entrants attending an audition must:
– Bring to the audition their passport, a copy of their passport and 4 visa photographs
– Have rehearsed one of the background instrumentals listed on the Site.
– Be well dressed for television in the Entrant’s best performance gear.
The organizers reserve the right to refuse an Audition to an Entrant if the Entrant is not eligible.
All auditions are on a first come, first serve basis.
Queuing starts at 8:30 in the morning and ends at 4:45pm.
No entrants arriving after 4:30pm will be considered for auditioning.
For more information about the show visit their official website www.tecnoonthe stage.com
This is your opportunity to be a musical champion!