Following the recall of Samsung Galaxy Note 7 by the famous tech industry due to multiple explosions caused by defective batteries, a jeep had busted into flames after the said smart phone was plugged to charge inside the vehicle.
The image of the burnt vehicle was posted on Facebook by the Nathan Dornacher who was charging the model in his car. He narrated that he had just returned home from a yard sale with his family when the smartphone, which was left in the Jeep to allow its battery to charge, caught fire.
“I head[ed] back out to the car to grab my phone which was on the charger (me and Lydia always fight over the house charger) [and] open[ed] the door [to] see flames inside,” the Telegraph reported.
Fortunately, no one was hurt as Dornacher himself confirmed it. He said:
“I had the phone for 5 days and, not having TV or a notification, we did not know. We are safe, no one was hurt [and that is] all that matters to me.”
In the course of several explosion of Samsung Note 7, the company has been forced to recall about 2.5 million of its devices distributed in 10 countries. They have also urged owners of the £750 smartphone to switch their devices off immediately and exchange them after reports that at least 35 of the phones overheated and broke.
In the UK, Samsung has offered to exchange the potentially dangerous Note 7 devices with new phones that have improved batteries by September 19.
Meanwhile airline passengers had been warned not to turn on or charge the new Samsung smartphones during flights. According to report, the model is has allegedly caused more than $1,800 AUD (£1,028) worth of damage after catching fire in a hotel room while on charge.
However, Samsung has offered to take responsibility for any inconveniences or damage caused by model and are currently investigating whether it could repay the cost of Dornacher’s vehicle.
But the he post on Facebook quote:
“Samsung has been in contact with us since last night and is being very helpful. They are sending someone to review everything. We will not gain anything from this for the keyboard investigator’s out there.
“Yes we had insurance but very minimum and nothing to cover any of the recent work done no ones fault but our own. We are not and have not asked for anything, we are not getting a lawyer, we will replace in time when we can afford it.
“All I want out of this is for everyone to take this recall seriously and if you didn’t know about it please educate yourself before it’s too late.”