How often will Nigeria go into the wrong list in the global scheme of things? Nigeria is heralded in the world as the “giant of Africa” and at home it plays the big brother to other African nations. Could this be the case of a one-eyed man being king in the land of the blind? (I hope not!)
If you are traveling through Nigeria any time soon, you may help yourself by trying to avoid using the Port Harcourt International Airport. Going by the just released report on the ratings for International airports in the world, the Nigerian terminal has been voted the world’s worst airport. The Port Harcourt airport topped the wrong list as shown by the result of the 2015 survey of the best and worst airports around the world as conducted by travel website, Guide To Sleeping In Airports.
The website, which carries out this survey every year, asked tens of thousands of air transport users to judge the airports in four categories: comfort, convenience, cleanliness and customer service and from about 26,300 qualifying responses, the Port Harcourt Airport was found guilty of these factors. Deteriorating facilities, unkind and impolite staff, alleged corruption, tent-like arrival halls, among others were just some of the reasons the Port Harcourt International Airport won the title of the “worst international airport” in the world.
We believe the government of the country would step in and save us this “international” embarrassment.
Here is the Full List of the Top 10 Worst Airports Around the World:
1. Port Harcourt International Airport (Nigeria)
2. King Abdulaziz International Airport (Jeddah, Saudi Arabia)
3. Tribhuvan International Airport (Kathmandu, Nepal)
4. Tashkent International Airport (Uzbekistan)
5. Simon Bolivar International Airport (Caracas, Venezuela)
6. Toussaint Louverture International Airport (Port au Prince, Haiti)
7. Hamid Karzai International Airport (Kabul, Afghanistan)
8. Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam)
9. Benazir Bhutto International Airport (Islamabad, Pakistan)
10. Beauvais-Tille International Airport (Paris)
Here is Also the Full List of the Top 10 Best Airports:
The top 10 list was dominated by Asian airports, with Seoul, Tokyo, Taipei and Hong Kong rounding out the top five.
1. Changi International Airport (Singapore)
2. Incheon International Airport (Seoul, South Korea)
3. Haneda International Airport (Tokyo, Japan)
4. Taoyuan International Airport (Taipei, Taiwan)
5. Hong Kong International Airport
6. Munich International Airport (Germany)
7. Helsinki International Airport (Finland)
8. Vancouver International Airport (Canada)
9. Kuala Lumpur International Airport (Malaysia)
10. Kloten International Airport (Zurich, Switzerland)