The Nigeria Army has issued a red alert to citizens not to be deceived by schemers who roam around claiming the security force is recruiting candidates.
According to a statement by the Nigeria Army, some group uses social media outlet to place fake adverts to convince members of the public and scam them of their money.
The statement released by the Army via its spokesman General Sani Usman, on Tuesday, reads:
“The attention of the Nigerian Army is drawn to activities of a fraudulent syndicate that has placed fake adverts to deceive unsuspecting members of the public on alleged commissioning into the Nigerian Army.
“The group specifically used Facebook and other Social Media platforms to entice interested persons and thereafter solicited for token payments into a certain bank account.
“Thus the public is please requested to disregard such advertisements on the Social Media as the Nigerian Army is not recruiting at this moment. Members of the public are please enjoined to report such fraudulent groups to the nearest security agency or better still, contact the information Nigerian Army Call Centre on 193 using any of the networks.
“You are please requested to disseminate this information to the public through your medium.”
Thank you for your kind cooperation.
Brigadier General Sani Kukasheka Usman
Director Army Public Relations.
The last recruitment made by the Nigeria Army was in October and the recruits are reportedly undergoing training at the headquarters of the Depot of the Nigerian Army in Zaria, Kaduna State in north-central Nigeria.
Basic requirements for recruitment into the Nigeria Army
1. Applicants will be a Nigerian.
2. Candidate must possess a minimum of 4 credits in not more than 2 sittings in either WASSCE/GCE/NECO or NABTEB. Hence, one of the credits must be English Language.
3. Those applying as tradesmen women must also possess OND/Trade Test/City and Guild Certificate. Details are available on the http://recruitment.army.mil.ng/
4. Candidate must be between the ages of 18 – 22 years for non-tradesmen women while tradesmen women must be between the ages of 18 – 26years by 1st June 2016.
5. Candidate must have no criminal record.
6. Candidate must be medically, physically and psychologically fit.
7. Candidate must not be less than 1.65 meters and 1.56 meters tall for male and female applicants respectively.
8. Candidate will print out the submitted form which will present at the exam screening centre.