President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday has approved the appointment of a 30-member tripartite committee to negotiate a new National Minimum Wage.
The committee comprises of persons from the public sector – Federal and State Governments, and the private sector made up of the largest private employer group, as well as the Nigeria Employers Consultative Association (NECA).
Other members appointed to negotiate a new National Minimum Wage include the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN), Nigerian Association of Chambers of Commerce Industry Mines and Agriculture (NACCIMA) and Nigerian Association of Small and Medium Enterprises (NASME). They will be inaugurated on Monday 27th November 2017, at the Council Chambers, Aso Rock Presidential Villa, State House, Abuja.
In a statement signed by Samuel Olowookere, Deputy Director, Press, Ministry of Labour and Employment, duties are assigned as follows:
- former Minister of Lands and Housing, Ama Pepple, is to serve as Chairman of the Tripartite National Other members;
- the Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige, is to serve as Deputy Chairman;
- Chief Richard Egbule, (Chairman, National Salaries, Income and Wages Commission) will serve as Secretary.
- Minister of Budget and Economic Planning, Udo Udo Udoma,
- Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun,
- the Head of Civil Service of the Federation, Mrs. Winifred E. Oyo – Ita and
- Dr. Roy Ugo Permanent Secretary, General Services Office, Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.
Members from the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) include:
- Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State (South West),
- Governor Rochas Okorocha, Imo State (South East),
- Governor Hassan Dankwambo, Gombe State, (South-East)
- Governor Nyesom Wike, Rivers State (South South).
- Governor Simon Lalong, Plateau State (North Central),
- Governor Abubakar Atiku Bagudu, Kebbi State (North West)and
- A. B. Okauru, DG, NG who is an Observer.
From the labour:
- the President of Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, Comrade Ayuba Wabba, Comrade Peters Adeyemi, Comrade Kiri Mohammed, Comrade Amechi Asugwuni, and Comrade Peter Ozo-Eson.
From the Trade Union Congress:
- Comrade Bobboi Bala Kaigama who is the President, TUC, Comrade Sunday Olusoji Salake, Comrade Alade Bashir Lawa, Comrade Igwe Achese, President, Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers (NUPENG).
From the Employers’ side:
- Mr. Olusegun Oshinowo, Director General, Nigeria Employers’ Consultative Association (NECA),M r. Timothy Olawale, Mr. Chuma Nwankwo,
- Mrs. Olubunmi Adekoje, Director General, Federation of Construction Industry (FOCI),
- Alhaji Ahmed Ladan Gobi, Chairman, Kaduna East Branch, Manufacturers’ Association (MAN), Otunba Francis Oluwagbenre,
- Hajia Muheeba Dankaka, President, Kano Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (NACCIMA),
- Prince Degun Agboade, President, Nigeria Association of Small and Medium Enterprises (NASME).