Manchester City Charged For Player Misconduct During Liverpool Game


Manchester City Charged For Player Misconduct During Liverpool Game

The English Football Association has charged Manchester City for player misconduct after their draw with Liverpool.

City have been charged by the Football Association with failing to “ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion” during Sunday’s game against Liverpool.

In or perhaps around the 50th minute of the game, an incident occured when referee Michael Oliver gave Manchester City a penalty, penalizing Gael Clichy for raising his boot on Roberto Firmino.

READ ALSO:  Manchester United Charged For Poor Player Control Against Chelsea

The game which ended 1-1 saw Manchester City players confronting referee Michael Oliver during their game with Liverpool,

Manchester City failed to ensure its players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion during the match.

A penalty kick was given and James Milner scored from the spot.

Manchester City have been given until 6:00PM on Thursday, 23rd March to respond to the FA’s charge.

The goal from James Milner goal gave Liverpool the lead.

Sergio Aguero, however, ensured Manchester City took a point from a thrilling draw at Etihad Stadium.

Manchester City Charged For Player Misconduct

Both Clichy and David Silva were booked after Oliver pointed to the spot.

Manchester City and Liverpool settled for a draw as they slugged out a thrilling draw at the Etihad Stadium.


The game was pretty much entertaining and was littered with a couple of controversial moments and a few issed chances.

Both sides felt a sense of injustice as they felt they were on the receiving end of debatable decisions from referee Michael Oliver.

READ ALSO:  FA Fines Chelsea And Manchester City £100,000 and £35,000

Aguero’s miss was particularly culpable, stumbling at the vital moment after his superb approach play had fashioned a clear chance eight yards out.

After he fluffed his shot, De Bruyne hit the loose ball against the post.

David Silva covered the most distance of any City player (12km) and won possession back seven times for his side against Liverpool.

Silva ultimately emerging man of the match in the game.