Justice Adeniyi Ademola in his ruling said based on “Section 50(2) of the Federal High Court civil procedure rules, the matter is hereby struck out.” The ruling followed an earlier ‘notice of discontinuance’ by the plaintiff, Mr. Nnamdi Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe.
Mr. Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe declared his intention to withdraw the suit at the resumed sitting on the matter. Even though he did not to give any explanation for his decision there are insinuations that it was as a result indirect threats on his life to remove the case from court.
During an interview with ThisDay last month, the legal practitioner disclosed that his life was being threatened by those who wanted him to withdraw the case. He had said:
“Of course, I am concerned and my family and friends are too; I am not naive and some subtle threats have already been made. For now it is small comfort that if anything happens to me, even if disguised as an accident or anything, Nigerians will know exactly who is responsible.
On June 16, 2016, the Lagos-based lawyer, Nnamdi Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe, filed the suit before the Justice Adeniyi Ademola-led court saying Buhari was not qualified to vie for President because he lacked the minimum qualification required to run for the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
He claimed that President Buhari did not even sit for the Cambridge West African School Certificate (WASC) in 1961 because he did not have an authentic certificate to prove that he wrote the exam.
However, the legal practitioner filed a notice at the Federal High Court in Abuja to discontinue the suit he instituted. The notice was dated June 27 and read: “Take note that the plaintiff in this originating summons, Nnamdi Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe, hereby discontinues this action”.