Ladies worry about how they look, about their dresses, make ups and most importantly, their hair. Every lady wants a healthy and long looking natural hair but there are definitely no shortcuts to growing luscious, long hair. Discovering how to make your hair grow faster can be difficult, especially if you want to go the natural way.The rate at which your hair grows is genetic and it normally grows at around a quarter to a half an inch every month; but learning how to keep your hair longer and stronger naturally is essential, you just have to know the right methods! And I am going to give you 10 super tricks on how to achieve your dream hair.
1. Trim your Hair Regularly
Sounds awkward I guess? Yes having your hair trimmed on regular basis will not necessarily give you a faster grown hair, but it will give you a strong and healthy hair. Of course you cannot have a long hair with split ends because the split end leads to hair breakage. Hair below the root is “thicker” and is tapered hence using the scissors to get rid of split ends gives room for an up shoot of a healthy hair. Trimming 1/4th of an inch of your hair every 6-8 weeks is indeed a good start for a strong and healthy hair.
2. Have a Healthy Eating Habit
A vitamin-rich diet is probably the best way to get a healthy head of hair because it stimulates the speed of hair growth. Fruit, vegetables and iron-containing foods should be on your shopping list if you want healthy hair. A dermatologist made it clear that taking an over-the-counter vitamin every day that contains antioxidant blends and vitamin B derivatives to help increase hair strength. Eating diets rich in protein and minerals are also necessary for hair growth. So its good you opt for food rich in vitamin A,B, C, E, Iron, Zinc, Copper, Magnesium and selenium which you can find in foods like eggs, nuts, fish, chicken, red meats, avocado, banana and many others.
3. Avoid Dry Hair Scalp – Massage Regularly
One big enemy of hair growth is dry scalp. Just as the body needs oil to remain glowing, so also is our hair, A dry scalp cuts short a healthy hair growth. Giving your hair a good massage at-home with warm oil is needful because it stimulates the blood flow to your scalp, which helps nutrients get to your hair follicles faster. To do that, Just heat up a hot oil treatment ( either linen oil, olive oil, coconut oil, argan oil and jojoba oil), rub it into your scalp, wait a little while, and you’ll see the difference – your hair will feel thicker, softer, and longer! This scalp massage can last for about fifteen or twenty minutes; then spread the oil on the length of your hair, wait for about half an hour and shampoo your locks thoroughly.
4. Mask Your Hair
It’s really a waste of money to spend lots of money buying hair treatments when there as there are many natural homemade remedies which will make your hair to grow faster and stronger. We have a number of hair mask that is less expensive and good for your quick hair growth but here are three important mask you mustn’t overlook
- Egg mask is a good start hair mask you should try. Just take 2 eggs depending on your hair length and beat the egg yolk in a bowl. Add 2 tablespoon of olive oil and one cup of milk in the egg yolk mixture. Also add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice for a refreshing feel on your scalp. Mix everything well and massage this mixture into scalp working from roots to tips. Wear a shower cap so that you don’t get egg-yolk drops on your clothes. Let it stay for 30-45 minutes and then rinse off well so that no residue is left behind. Repeat it 2-3 times a month. egg yolks won’t only make your hair softer, shinier, and healthier, they help you to grow it long as well. You can also do an egg white mask. Just crack open a few eggs, strain out the yolks, and make an egg white mask for your hair. Your hair will look ten times healthier instantly and will feel a lot stronger as well
- Banana mask is another to try. Bananas are a very rich source of potassium and vitamins A, E, and C, which make them the perfect choice for homemade hair growth treatments.Pick a soft, ripe banana, mask it up into a paste (use a food processor if you like, to make sure there aren’t any chunks), apply it to your hair, and cover it with a plastic cap or bag. Do that twice a week to achieve best result.
- Curry and Coconut oil mask makes a lasting difference in your hair. Curry leaves consists of many vital nutrients that especially works in restoring the strength in the hair follicles and of course we all know the importance of coconut oil to the hair. Just take fresh curry leaves and some coconut oil in a bowl. As you already know, coconut oil is good for the hair. When mixed with curry leaves and applied on the scalp, it boosts hair growth. Boil these two together until you see a black residue forming. After the residue is formed, cool it and apply it onto your scalp directly. Keep this mixture for about an hour and then wash off with a mild shampoo. Apply this tonic twice a week and you will see the difference in just fifteen days. This hair tonic not only stimulates hair growth but also prevents the graying of hair.
5. Get your Hair Conditioned
In order to grow really long hair, you need to have a super healthy scalp and also keep your own hair in good health. A deep conditioner treatment each week really helps.Conditioner helps replace the lipids and proteins inside the hair shaft, it seal the cuticle to help prevent more damage from happening so that you can get your hair to grow longer and look healthier. It particularly leaves a sort of “residue” in your hair to keep your scalp and hair in good health, which is essential for your hair to grow fast.
6. Brush with Care
One big mistake ladies make combing or brushing their hair while it’s still wet. Never do this. Wait for your hair to dry naturally then gently detangle and then comb softly. Constant brushing can cause physical harm to your hair. “When you detangle wet hair, be sure to start from the bottom and work your way up. Gently brushing your hair twice a day for, at least, two minutes stimulates the blood circulation in your scalp and spreads your natural oils evenly over your hair.
7. Drink Water
Do you know that our hair consists of 95 % protein and 5 % water? Therefore it is important that you should drink 10-12 glasses of water daily, to help your hair grow faster and keep it nourished and healthy. Water hydrates the body and helps to regulate the circulatory system, which feeds the hair follicle, which then stimulates hair growth. If your hair roots are deficient in adequate water levels your tresses will eventually become dry, brittle and may stop growing.
8. Avoid Tight Hair Styles And Hair Styling Products
When you tie your hair into a tight ponytail or braid, the hair gets pulled from the roots and gets stressed. This makes them loose from the roots and thus, more prone to breakage. It makes the hair weak and causes permanent damage. Rubber bands also pull the hair out from the roots causing extensive damage to the mane. The hair becomes weak and hurts the scalp. Hair styling products are very harsh on your hair, and should be used less often. The best option if you want your hair to be healthy and long is to be natural. In order to safe-guard your hair, use hair-serum while applying heat onto your hair. Make it sure to set heat setting at low levels. Use the blow dryers on their lowest setting.
9. Apply Palm Oil
Yes palm oil! Palm oil is an excellent source of Tocotrienols, which help with hair growth tremendously. It is also great for protecting your hair from the sun, salt, and chlorine water that make hair dull, dry, brittle. It has antibacterial properties that will eliminate parasites, clean the skin and scalp, and create a healthier environment for hair growth. So about once or twice a week, apply palm oil to the length of your hair (but not your scalp) and let it set for about 10 minutes before washing your hair and shampooing as usual.
10. Hot Water wash is Dangerous
Cold water do help to grow hair and keep long hair healthy for longer, it lays down the outer layer of hair more smoothly which helps prevent moisture loss, snags and heat damage while hot water on the other hand makes your hair very dry and brittle. Always use cool water as it allows the cuticle to smooth out and lie flat, thus giving you soft and manageable hair.