Jonathan Ready To Stand As Dasuki’s Witness In Court

Advertisement

Counsel to Former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, Ahmed Raji (SAN), says former President Goodluck Jonathan is ready to appear in court to testify in favour of the former NSA.

Also See: Relocate To Other Countries If You Want To – Buhari Tells Nigerians

According to Vanguard, the ex-NSA’s counsel, Mr. Ahmed Raji (SAN), said Tuesday that, “Dr. Goodluck Jonathan will testify in court. He is one of those who will testify and that the statement he made in London appears to be the first phase of the war chest of the ex-NSA.”

Goodluck Jonathan
Sambo Dasuki

“You know the ex-NSA said he acted on Jonathan’s instructions in disbursing some of the cash, and from the look of things, the ex-President is now ready to accept responsibility for whatever Dasuki did. So far, we have secured the consent of Jonathan to appear in court for Dasuki. This will make the trial worth it.

“Dasuki has a list of highly-placed beneficiaries from the arms cash. A particular traditional ruler got about N500million as a gift from the government through the Office of NSA.



“There are many hidden beneficiaries whom Nigerians must know. Nigerians will be shocked by some revelations. Nothing short of open trial will let Nigerians know the truth. We are ready for this.”

The former NSA who is currently on trial for alleged mismanagement of $2.1 billion arms funds, had last week called on Goodluck Jonathan to be his witness at his trial in court after the former president faulted the charges slammed on Dasuki, claiming that the ex-NSA could not have stolen $2.2 billion.

Also See: Controversy: APC Governors Move Against Buhari Over Lopsided Appointments

“We bought warships, we bought aircraft, and we bought lots of weapons for the army. It’s not possible that he stole $2.1 billion,” former president, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan  was quoted to have said while speaking in a recent interview at the Oxford Union in the United Kingdom.

Topics: > >