Most Nigerians who grew up within the country before 1995 will testify to the fact that the new generation kids are not having as much fun as the older folks. Back in those those, children got involved in a lot of really fun games – outdoors and indoors and had mad fun even without technology. Surprisingly, no one advertised these game on TV but most of them were played by children nationwide, even play songs too. The spread probably occurred as a result of children who traveled to new locations.
Check Out These: Photos To Show That Nigerian Police Is Working
They taught their new friends games and songs from their communities and also learnt new ones from them. There were a couple of other things experienced by a handful of the older generation of Nigerians that kids of these days will never know about. Let’s take a quick look at the list of games/things that made our childhood memorable.
1. War start
2. Who Is In the Garden? A little small fine girl/boy
3. Police And Thief
4. Hide and seek
5. Ten Ten
6. In and Out, together
7. Obi, chikaobi, obi out
8. Suwe game
9. Tinco Tinco
10. Change your style
13. Pion Pion Pion (gun sound)
15. Mr Marcaroni
16. Mummy & Daddy play
17. Tin tin tin fly away, fly away.
18. Kpoju Kpoju mo, o, akara mo, o.
19. Sandalili Sandalili
20. Cheke leke give me one better finger
21. Amina, amina tauro, a lazy girl
22. My kone kone, my jack ass, my enemy
23. Who thief my needle? danger
24. Oh Maria
25. Who sabi swim water? I sabi swim water
26. Tinini tanana tico obi am ma
27. Woman by the railway, basket on her head
28. My mother told me, that she will buy me, another dolly . . .
29. Eze goes to school
30. Ali and Simbi
31. Agbo and Gbenga
32. Edet and Mr Bassey
33. Emeka, Kunle and Wakama
35. Sakobi The Snake Girl
37. Nneka The Pretty Serpent
38. Power Rangers
39. Willi Willi
41. Atom Ant
42. Tales by Moon Night
43. Ruth and Rachel
44. I Need To know
45. We used our feet to build house with sand
46. Used 50 Kobo to buy Choco milo, Goody Goody and Nasco biscuit
47. Wore Akwaoche material (carpenter’s chair material)
48. Lined up in school for inspection of nails and uniforms before marching to our classrooms
49. The days of Computer Socks, kitto sandals and basket shoes
50. We used to fly kites made from paper and broom sticks
51. Use paint bucket cover as wheels & disfigured hanger as steering or with tire and stick.
52. Used rubber band for stock exchange
53. Used mineral bottle cocks as football players
54. Used Eleganza pen
55. Drank iced colored water tied in nylon in the name of ice cream
56. Cooked play play food using flowers, sticks and millipedes and then pretended to eat it through the throat.
57. Drank Soda water, Ginger Air and Crush
58. Drank Water directly from the tap and even suck it out of the tap if it wasn’t running.
59. Waited for NTA to show rainbow colour for 30 minutes, then the national anthem, before showing any programme on the avilable Black and White TV
60. Bathed naked under the rain.
If you are smiling right now you probably had a memorable childhood with the above experiences, but if you don’t get the joke, it means you were born just yesterday.
Check This Out: 7 Hilarious Photos Of Nigerians Bad Kissing Styles