The NPower programme was established in Nigeria to foster productivity through skill development and valuable knowledge sharing and acquisition for economic growth and social development. The scheme is structured so participants can be trained in several fields to help build a successful career and find a job. Apart from the fundamental knowledge they are exposed to, participants carry out practical skills and engage in progressive innovations.
General NPower Recruitment Requirement for Graduate and Non-graduates
If you want to be recruited in NPower, there are some requirements you must meet. They include:
- Citizenship: You must be a Nigerian citizen to be able to gain access to this program
- Age: NPower is only open to people who are between 18 and 35 years.
- Interest: Candidates who wish to register for NPower are expected to have a sincere interest in the field of activity they are bracing up for.
- Qualification: You must have the right qualification for either graduate or non-graduate program you wish to take part in. Non-graduates must have a minimum of an O’level (SSE) result. Graduates who wish to join the program must be a holder of the following educational qualifications from National Universities Commission (NUC) accredited educational institution –
- Higher National Diploma (HND),
- Ordinary National Diploma (OND),
- Nigerian Certificate in Education (NCE),
- Bachelor’s degree
4. Successful passing of tests: This is very important as only those who perform excellently in recruitment tests are offered the opportunity to join the programme.
5. Willingness to push oneself out of one’s comfort zone: NPower was primarily created to reduce youth unemployment, so if you must be part of the train, you must be willing to go the extra mile in all ramifications.
6. Enthusiasm and the ability to exhibit a flair to make the most of all the skills you need to be the best you can be.
Note: Non-graduates must have a means of identification, either a voter’s card or a driving license, etc.
N-Power Recruitment Process
Recruitment on NPower solely depends on the programme you want to take part in. Irrespective of this fact, there are some important things you need to put in place.
The following information must be made available for your successful recruitment on NPower.
- Active phone number
- Email address
- Place of birth
- Date of birth
- Carefully compiled CV
- Correct name record
- Bank verification number
- Passport photograph
- Qualification degree.
What to do on N-Power Registration Portal
N-power has a web address and a registration portal. The platform provides you with every detail you will need for a successful registration. you will also find the Registration and Recruitment Form for all Categories in the Empowerment scheme.
How to Apply for N-Power 2021/2022
Applying for Npower is quite easy but before you begin the application process, ensure you have successfully gathered the information, as listed above. Having done that, you can proceed with the application by following the guideline listed below:
- Click here or here to create an account using a valid email account and phone number
- Chose your program which program you want to do and then click on “apply now.”
- Once you get on the application portal, you will be required to read the terms and conditions of the N-Power Programme and accept that all the information you will provide must be truthful and accurate.
- Provide your 11-digit Bank Verification Number (BVN); then fill in your surname, first name, and middle name in identical terms to your BVN information; followed by details of your active bank account;
- If your BVN details are inaccurate, you will not be permitted to go past this interface. If the BVN details are accurate, you will be allowed to proceed to the application portal to fill in all the personal information required and your academic qualification. You will receive a unique N-Power identification number;
- Ensure to provide your own telephone number and email so that you can be reached directly;
- You will also need to upload your necessary documents, including a passport photograph in either JPEG or PNG files in no more than 25-kilo bytes.
- Before you complete your application, you will be assessed on your knowledge of grammar, general knowledge, and for N-Power VAIDS, basic numerical concepts.
Once your preliminary selection is successful, you are one step away from joining the program. Eventually, you will receive a congratulatory letter from NPower; the letter will notify you that you are qualified to participate in the program and direct you on what to do next.
How Much Are N-Power Beneficiaries Paid?
Following its plan to create employment and engage its youths in useful activities that will, in turn, boost the nation’s economy, the Nigerian government under President Mohamadu Buhari has put in place measures that would ensure that Npower applicants are duly paid. Npower monthly payment varies per programme and qualification. The salary structure ranges from N10,000 to N40,000, payable every month, for a period of one year, with O’level applicants receiving the least amount of N10,000. The Npower monthly salary for various programmes are as follows:
- N-Power Agro Programme Salary Structure: N25,000 – N30,000 monthly
- N-Power Teach Programme Salary Structure: N28,000 – N30,000 monthly
- N-Power Build Programme Salary Structure: N27,000 – N30,000 monthly
- N-Power Community Education Programme Salary Structure: N10,000 – N30,000 monthly
- N-Power Health Programme Salary Structure: N30,000 – N40,000 monthly
- N-Power Tech (Hardware) Programme Salary Structure: N20,000 – N40,000 monthly
- N-Power Tech (Software) Programme Salary Structure: N20,000 – N40,000 monthly
- N-Power Creative Programme Salary Structure: N10,000 – N30,000 monthly
An Overview of the N-Power Programmes
Set up to diversify the economy, the program also runs graduate and non-graduate packages that target the unemployed. As NPower administrators would have us believe, the programme features the following packages.
- N-Power Agro – It is said that those trained under this platform are meant to offer advisory services to farmers across the country. Working with the nation’s Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, the guys here are expected to disseminate useful information to boost agricultural activities.
- N-Power Knowledge – This aims at diversifying to a knowledge economy. It is for those who aspire to become freelancers, employees, or entrepreneurs.
- N-Power Tax – This program was mapped out to encourage taxpayers and make them disclose their correct income voluntarily.
- N-Power Build – This aims to assist creative youth. Applicants under this program will be trained for twelve (12) months, within which they would each be entitled to a certain amount of stipend paid by the Nigeria Federal Government. NPower builders woks under
- Building Services
- Built Environment Services
- Aluminum and Gas
- Carpentry and joinery
- N-Power Creative – This aims to train about 5000 creative-minded youths ready to become creative to strategically put the nation’s creative industry on the global radar as exporters of top-notch services and content. The three-month training will have beneficiaries getting training in Animation, Graphic Design, Post-production, and Script Writing.
- N-Power Health – Here, qualified applicants are trained to work mostly in the health sector as:
- Health Education Specialist
- Health Promotion Coordinator
- Public Relations Manager
- Breastfeeding Support Coordinator
- Health Office Administrator
- Health Research Analyst
- Social Worker & Counselor
- Health Services Manager
- Health Department Administrator
- Government Policy Analyst
- Displaced Persons Coordinator
- HIV/AIDS Educator
- Project Manager in Public Health
- Field Investigator
- Research Analyst
- Community Health Worker
- N-Power Teach – Here, qualified graduates are engaged to make meaningful technological contributions towards the uplifting of the educational sector. Volunteers will be deployed mostly to primary and secondary schools, where they are expected to either serve as teachers or provide support to existing teachers. They include:
- Professional Teaching
- Researcher, Research Associate, Senior Research Analyst
- Education Consultant, Associate,
- Strategy Consultant
- Education Services Manager
- Project Manager
- Project Supervisor
- Social services analyst
- N-Power Tech Hardware: This is for Nigerian youths, especially the technicians wishing to work in the ICT Industry. Npower will engage the service of an ICT firm to help train and equip you in this field.
- N-Power Tech Software: Do you want to become a Software Developer? N-Power Tech Software is available for you as a graduate and non-graduates.
Each participant in the program is expected to learn and practice every necessary project to help them create or find jobs via the modular programmes. Also, it is expected that at the end of the program, the country would have raised thousands of individuals skilled in diverse areas, which would diversify the county’s economic fortunes.
Given the above, the handlers are mandated to ensure that participants are equipped with relevant business and technical skills to harness their livelihood and work outlook.
The area of interest for non-graduates includes
- N-power Knowledge
- N-Power Tech Software
- N-Power Creative
- N-Power Tech Hardware