In a country littered with examples of poor leadership and crunching unemployment, very few young people hit it big early in life. One of the young entrepreneurial success stories is that of Stanley Uzochukwu, CEO of Stanel Oil and Gas.
- Stanley was born July 30th 1982 in Calabar Cross River State and is a graduate of Botany from the University of Jos.
- He is the CEO of Stanel Group which according to its corporate profile is an energy company specialized in marketing Premium Motor Spirit (PMS), AGO and Kero. Over the years however, Stanel Group has expanded its tentacles into the production and sales of automobile parts, vehicle consumables amongst others for domestic and industrial use.
- Recently in 2017, Mr. Uzochukwu through his business interests acquired the Chicken Republic franchise covering the the entire South East region. This arm of his enterprise employs over 700 youths
- In July 2017, The Anambra State Governor Willie Obiano commissioned Stanel Group ultra-modern luxury mega center (Stanel World) in Awka, Anambra State. The facility boasts an impressive Farmers’ Market with standby home delivery vehicles, French Bakery, pharmacy store, automated car maintenance center, car wash, 1000 sitters capacity Chapel, Warehouse, supermarket, staff quarters, Laundry, Spa and Mega Event center. This a replica of what he already has in Jos.
- Uzochukwu is a well-known philanthropist in Anambra State. At the end of every year, he distributes cash and material gifts to widows and orphans.
- Stanley Uzochukwu credits his early success in business to the mentorship of Billionaire capitalist Tony Elumelu.
Congratulating the young billionaire on his impressive achievements, Elumelu once said: “Stanley, I like your humility. You are humble and I am proud to be your mentor as you have proudly identified with me as my young mentee, you started very young and you have gone this far because you are focused, passionate, disciplined and determined.