The exchange of wedding vows is an important part of a wedding ceremony, the couple as well as the guests look forward to. Most couples take the time to rehearse the vows just to make sure they say the exact words. I can’t actually say how and when wedding vows started, but one thing is for sure, it has become very important in weddings that a wedding is incomplete without it. It was fun compiling these wedding vows, and hope you use during your wedding celebration or anniversary.
See Also: 50 Romantic Wedding Vows For Him
1. Make it a family affair. Include the children and grandchildren. It is an important event for you, as well as for them. This is a very special event and sets a terrific example.
2. Don’t throw bachelor or bachelorette parties. You’re re-affirming the commitment you’ve already made to each other, not celebrating your final moments of freedom!
3. Get creative and tell your love story when you write your own vows. The first time you walked down the aisle you both just said the traditional vows, but this time you can have fun with it and make everyone laugh. Share the story of how he stepped on your dress or how he got cake stuck up your nose! Your vow renewal is a time to be more relaxed as a bride and groom, so have fun and share those embarrassing stories!
4. Consider writing your own vows. This is not necessary, of course, but it will add a deeply personal touch to your ceremony. At your wedding, you are promising what you will do. At your vow renewal, you can talk about what you’ve experienced together since that day and what you can promise from this day forward.
5. Many couples opt out of destination weddings because too many family members can’t make the trip. Since most couples aren’t as concerned with having a lot of guests at a renewal ceremony, jetting off to an exotic location is a great option.
6. Do you wish your children are included in your wedding album? could have been there to help celebrate your big day? here is an opportunity to Include them. If this is a 10 year vow renewal, ask your young son or daughter if they would like to be the ring bearer or flower girl. On the other hand, if your children are older during your vow renewal, ask them to give you away or stand alongside of you as you say ‘I Do.’
7. I, (Bride/Groom), take you (Groom/Bride), to be my (wife/husband), to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.
8. I ______, take you, ______, to be my lawful husband/wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, while we both shall live.
9. I ______, take you, ______, as my husband/wife. I pledge to share my life openly with you, to speak the truth to you in love. I promise to honour and tenderly care for you, to cherish and encourage your own fulfilment as an individual for the rest of my life.
10. I ______, take you, ______, to be my lawful husband/wife. I will be a loving husband. I promise to respect you as an individual. I intend to develop as a person in partnership with you. I want to love you through good fortune and adversity, while we both shall live.
11. I, (name), choose you (name) to be my (husband/wife), to respect you in your successes and in your failures, to care for you in sickness and in health, to nurture you, and to grow with you throughout the seasons of life.
12. I, (name), take you, (name), to be my partner, loving what I know of you, and trusting what I do not yet know. I eagerly anticipate the chance to grow together, getting to know the (man/woman) you will become, and falling in love a little more every day. I promise to love and cherish you through whatever life may bring us.
13. ______, I want to be with you always just as you are. I choose you above all others, to share my life with me in marriage. I love you for yourself, and I want you to become all that you can be. I promise to honour this pledge as long as I live.
14. I ______, take you, ______, take you as my spouse, my lifelong partner. I will do everything I can to maintain our love. I will talk to you and listen to you. I will give to you and I will take from you. Your success and happiness will be mine.
15. I want to be your lover, your companion and your best friend for the rest of my life. I promise to love and cherish you, to keep you close and with faithfulness, to be your prop and helpmate in times of need, to make you laugh and to hold you when you cry, to hold you to the highest respect and honor as you so deserve for the rest of my life.
Funny Wedding Vows Ideas
16. Whatever lies ahead, good or bad, we will face together. Distance may test us for a time, and time may try us. But if we look to each other first, we will always see a friend. (Name), look to me for all the days to come; today I take my place as your (husband/wife).
17. I ______, call upon the persons here present to witness that I take you to be my lawful husband/wife.
18. ______, I declare my love for you, I invite you to share my life as my husband/wife. I promise always to respect your needs, and to accept you as you are. I will be kind, unselfish and trusting. I will work for a happy life for both of us.
19. I want to be your lover, your companion and your best friend for the rest of my life. I promise to love and cherish you, to keep you close and with faithfulness, to be your prop and helpmate in times of need, to make you laugh and to hold you when you cry, to hold you to the highest respect and honor as you so deserve for the rest of my life.
20. I ______, promise to give you, ______, all my love, comfort and support and to be open and honest at all times.
21. I, Barney, take you, Becky, to be my awful wedded wife, to have and to scold, from this day fast forwarded for better but not worse, for richer, and poorer, forget sickness only in health, to loathe and to cherish, till suspicious death do we part.
22. I, Lucas, take you Gina, to be my spouse, on the golf course or in front of the shopping channel, at the computer or with the bridge club, as long as we both shall live.
23. “I will love you in sickness and in health, from this day forward, until death parts us, or until you become a Yankees fan.”
24. “I promise to love and cherish you as much as I do our dog, Buster.”
25. “I, Joe, promise to love you, Amanda, even through your need to listen to hair bands from the 1980s. I will learn to love Guns n’ Roses, Skid Row, Motley Crue, and Poison as much as I love you. I promise for now and forever not to criticize your music choice.”
“I promise to love you as much as I love my credit card and not hold your poor fashion sense against you.”