Being a Nigerian musician, Tekno Miles is famous for his Afrobeat, Hip-hop, and RnB genre. Besides singing and performing on stage, Mr. Miles is also a songwriter and producer.
One of his hit singles titled Duro was widely received by both national and international audience; this garnered him three nominations and the 9th Nigeria Music Video Awards for Best Pop Extra Video in 2015.
The talented singer is rated as one of the youngest and most talented African musicians. His other hit songs include Dance, Wash, Diana, Rara, and others.
Tekno Miles Biography
Augustine Miles Kelechukwu Edgar was born on December 17, 1992, in Bauchi State, Nigeria. He was raised by his parents among six siblings – five boys and a girl. Miles is originally from Ebonyi state but as one whose father is a member of the Nigeria Army, he practically grew up in several states including Abuja, Nasarawa, and Kaduna.
Although the Dance crooner is of Igbo tribe, he grew up among the Hausa and other tribes, thus, learned how to speak some of the country’s diverse languages.
Miles’ love for music began at a very young age when he would practice with musical instruments like the piano and guitar. That passion literally drove him to pursue a career in the entertainment industry.
His Rise to Fame
Tekno Miles got signed as an upcoming and promising musician under K-Money Entertainment where his first single Holiday was released. In 2012, his performance of a song titled Onye Ne Kwu at an event in Abuja caught the attention of renowned comedian, Julius Agwu and other celebrities who were at the occasion.
With that, his acquaintance with the manager of Made Men Music Group, Ubi Franklyn got him a recording contract on October 5, 2013. As adviced by Iyanya and Franklyn, Miles promptly moved from Abuja to Lagos in order to intensify the pursuit of his music career. It wasn’t long before he released his singles Dance and Anything which won him a nomination for the 2014 Nigeria Entertainment Awards under the Best New Act of The Year category.
The following year, Miles hit the world with Duro which not only topped the Nigerian music chart but was ranked No. 5 on the Capital XTRA’s Afrobeats Chart: Top 10. A remix of the song featuring Flavour and Phyno was promptly released on 16th November 2015. In November that same year, he dropped another single titled Wash, a song produced by DJ Coublon.
While Tekno Miles singles are widely accepted, he missed out on opportunities to win prestigious international awards for not having a complete album. It was on September 21, 2016, that he dropped his first Album Basstards.
So far, the Golden Boy of Africa has released three other songs including GO (2016), Pana (2017) and Jogodo (2018).
Besides collaborating with Nigeria’s top music artists like Davido, WizKid, Flavour, Phyno, Lynxx, Bracket, etc, Tekno Miles is credited as the songwriter of most of Davido’s new songs including his latest song titled If. He wrote and produced several others including, Catch You by Flavour; Panya by Brackets; Last Station featuring Stonebwoy; Pray For You featuring Lynxxx; Boss by Ice Prince, and Show by Victoria Kimani. Miles is also linked to the song Bum Bum by Diamond Platnumz featuring Iyanya
His Family Life
There are no details of Miles family life beyond the one picture of himself and his mother. He recently joined the queue of celebrity baby daddies on June 2018 at age 25 and shared a photo of his newborn son named Skye on Fathers Day. He also shared a picture of his baby’s mama and longtime girlfriend, Rachel Akosua Funmilola Garton (age 27) professionally known as Lola Rae. She is a Nigerian-born singer and dancer of Ghanaian and British descent.
Other Facts You Need To Know About Him
1. Tekno Miles has been given a few nicknames like the Golden Boy of Africa, Slim Daddy, and Alhaji Tekno to match his music prowess.
2. Like most music artists, Miles has tried his skills in movies and as far as we know, he has featured in Tony Abulu’s produced film, Super Star.
3. Tekno Miles music and dance moves are inspired by American musician, Chris Brown. This pretty much helped him win the admiration of mostly young fans.
4. While his net worth is estimated at $2 million according to Forbes, it was reported that he signed a $4 million deal with Sony Entertainment.
5. He’s a huge fan of Nollywood veteran actor Hanks Anuku.
6. Among his favorite body adornment besides dotted earrings is Tattoo as can be spotted on his two arms.
7. Tekno Miles joined the list of celebrities Nigerians believe are members of Illuminati after he entered a contract with SONY Entertainment – the same recording company that Micheal Jackson called the devil; which equally signed Tiwa Savage and Wizkid.
8. Around March 2018, Miles was called out by a video vixen and model who used her IG page to slam the singer for discriminating against her dark complexion. According to the model, Tekno refused to use her as the main model for his video song Your Love because of the color of her skin.