Tekno Miles (Real Name: Augustine Miles Kelechi; born 17 December 1992) is a Nigerian singer and songwriter from Ebonyi State. He is best known for his hit single, Duro.
Being a Nigerian musician, Tekno Miles is famous for his Afrobeat, Hip-hop, and RnB genre. Besides singing and performing on stage, Mr. Miles is also a songwriter and producer. One of his hit singles, Duro, was widely received by both national and international audiences; this garnered him three nominations and the 9th Nigeria Music Video Awards for Best Pop Extra Video in 2015.
The talented singer is rated as one of the successful and most talented African musicians. His other hit songs include Dance, Wash, Diana, Rara, and others. Asides from music, Tekno’s love life has been a thing of interest to his many fans. Although he is still single, the singer has a beautiful daughter.
Profile Summary of Tekno Miles
- Full name: Augustine Miles Kelechi
- Date of Birth: 17th December 1992
- Age: 31 years old
- Place of Birth: Bauchi
- Ethnicity: Igbo
- State of Origin: Ebonyi State
- Nationality: Nigerian
- Marital Status: Dating Lola Rea
- Children: Skye Amaka Yaa Kelechi
- Occupation: Singer, songwriter
- Years Active: 2012 – present
Tekno Miles Hails From Ebonyi State, Nigeria
Augustine Miles Kelechukwu Edgar was born on December 17, 1992, in Bauchi State, Nigeria. He was raised by his parents among six siblings – five boys and a girl. Miles is originally from Ebonyi State, but as one whose father is a member of the Nigeria Army, he practically grew up in several states, including Abuja, Nasarawa, and Kaduna. Although the Dance crooner is of the Igbo tribe, he grew up among the Hausa and other tribes; thus, he learned how to speak some of the country’s diverse languages.
Miles has a younger brother, Augustine Uche, who is also a musician. Augustine, who goes by the stage name Spotless, is a rising artiste. He is the last child in the family, and like his brother Tekno, Spotless learned the rudiments of music at a tender age. He developed a passion for music by watching his dad play musical instruments like piano, guitar, drums, etc. Spotless is signed to Mocking Bird Records and made his debut, Take Am, in 2016. There are no details of his other siblings and parents, what they do for a living, and where they are.
Tekno Miles Started Singing in 2012
Miles’ love for music began at a very young age when he would practice with musical instruments like the piano and guitar. That passion literally drove him to pursue a career in the entertainment industry. Tekno Miles got signed as an upcoming and promising musician under K-Money Entertainment, where his first single Holiday was released. In 2012, his performance of a song titled Onye Ne Kwu at an event in Abuja caught the attention of renowned comedian Julius Agwu and other celebrities who were at the occasion.
With that, his acquaintance with the manager of Made Men Music Group, Ubi Franklyn, got him a recording contract on October 5, 2013. As advised by Iyanya and Franklyn, Miles promptly moved from Abuja to Lagos to intensify the pursuit of his music career. It wasn’t long before he released his singles Dance and Anything, which won him a nomination for the 2014 Nigeria Entertainment Awards under the Best New Act of The Year category.
His Hit Single Duro Established Him in the Industry
In June 2015, Tekno Miles hit the world with Duro, which not only topped the Nigerian music chart but was ranked No. 5 on the Capital XTRA’s Afrobeats Chart: Top 10. The song received massive airplay on Television and Radio stations. Also, it was well accepted not only in Nigeria but across Africa and the United States. With over 84 million views on YouTube, Duro has topped several charts both in Nigeria and internationally. A remix of the song featuring Flavour and Phyno was promptly released on 16th November 2015.
In November that same year, he dropped another single titled Wash, a song produced by DJ Coublon. The Golden Boy of Africa has other hit singles, which earned him a decent place in the music scene, which are GO (2016), Pana (2017), and Jogodo (2018). While Tekno Miles’s singles are widely accepted, he missed out on winning prestigious international awards for not having a complete album. It was in 2020 that he dropped his long-awaited debut album titled Old Romance. The 13 track album comprises hit songs such as Uptown Girl, Addicted, Designer, Sku Sku, etc. Old Romance remains his only studio album so far.
Besides collaborating with Nigeria’s top music artists like Davido, WizKid, Flavour, Phyno, Lynxx, Bracket, etc., Tekno Miles is credited as the songwriter of some of Davido’s songs, including his hit song titled If and Fall. He wrote and produced several others, including Catch You by Flavour, Panya by Brackets, Last Station featuring Stonebwoy; Pray For You featuring Lynxxx, Boss by Ice Prince, and Show by Victoria Kimani. Miles is also linked to the song Bum Bum by Diamond Platnumz, featuring Iyanya.
Some of Tekno Miles’ most popular Songs
- Holiday (2013)
- Onye Ne Kwu ft Ice Prince (2013)
- Dance (2014)
- Go Low (2014)
- Duro (2015)
- Wash (2015)
- Where (2016)
- Pana (2016)
- Diana (2016)
- Samantha (2017)
- Mama ft Davido (2017)
- Your Love, 2018
- Jogodo (2018)
- Woman (2019)
- Freak Me (2019)
- Uptempo (2019)
Meanwhile, it seems the Duro crooner took a short hiatus from releasing songs. He has not dropped any song after he left the country earlier this year- 2021. Tekno announced via his Instagram account that he has moved out of the country and is now based in the United States of America. According to him, he moved out of Nigeria since the country’s name was seemingly changed to UAR- the United African Republic and would only return once it goes back to Nigeria.
Tekno is Not Married But Has a Daughter
Miles, on 24th March 2018, joined the league of celebrity baby daddies at age 25 and shared a photo of his newborn daughter named Skye Yaa Amaka Kelechi on Father’s Day. He also shared a picture of his baby’s mama and longtime girlfriend, Rachel Akosua Funmilola Garton (age 27). Racheal is a Nigerian-born singer and dancer of Ghanaian and British descent, professionally known as Lola Rae. Lola and Tekno have been together for over four years and are yet to tie the knot.
- 2014- Best New Act of the Year by Nigeria Entertainment Award
- 2015– Best Pop Extra Video, 9th Nigeria Music Video Awards
- 2016- Best New Act, MTV Africa Music Awards
- 2016– African Video Of The Year, MTV Africa Music Awards
Other Interesting Facts About Tekno Miles
- Tekno Miles has been given a few nicknames like the Golden Boy of Africa, Slim Daddy, and Alhaji Tekno to match his music prowess.
- Like most music artists, Miles has tried his skills in movies, and as far as we know, he has featured in Tony Abulu’s produced film, Super Star.
- Tekno Miles’s music and dance moves are inspired by American musician Chris Brown. This pretty much helped him win the admiration of mostly young fans.
- He’s a huge fan of Nollywood veteran actor Hanks Anuku.
- Among his favorite body adornment besides dotted earrings is Tattoo, as can be spotted on his two arms.
- Tekno Miles joined the list of celebrities Nigerians believed to be members of the Illuminati after he entered a contract with SONY Entertainment – the same recording company that Micheal Jackson called the devil, which equally signed Tiwa Savage and Wizkid.
- Around March 2018, Miles was called out by a video vixen and model who used her IG page to slam the singer for discriminating against her dark complexion. According to the model, Tekno refused to use her as the main model for his video song Your Love because of the color of her skin.