Access Bank is a Nigerian multinational corporation and commercial bank licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria. As one of the five largest banks in Nigeria in terms of assets, loans, deposits, and branch network, Access Bank extends its services via internet enabled devices.
In view of that, we are here to acquaint you on how to use the bank’s online transfer code, internet, and mobile banking provisions as well as utilize the services the Access Bank customer care unit offers.
Access Bank Internet and Mobile Banking
Before we delve into the know how, here are the things you can do with Access Bank internet and mobile banking:
- You can check your account balances
- Review details of your account activity
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Pay your bills
- Update and cancel your payments
With Access internet and mobile banking, you can make fund transactions 24/7 from anywhere without visiting any of the branch offices or ATM outlet. For mobile banking, you can transfer a maximum of N100,000 daily from your phone and purchase a maximum Airtime of N20,000 per day. Check out the details below.
Internet Banking by Application
There are certain steps involved in applying for this service and it’s not as complicated as you think. You can either download, print, and fill the application form online or visit any Access bank branch near you to request and fill the form.
Either way, submit the form to the bank after filling the right information which must correspond with the information you provided while opening an account with the bank.
Also, there are two types of Access Online Banking forms you can choose to fill:
- Access Bank Corporate Application form – for business online banking
- Access Retail Application form – for personal online banking.
Once you’ve filled and submitted the form you prefer, the bank will get the application processed and get your online account active. After that use this link to conduct your online transactions. Use a password you can remember; you can also change the password anytime but you must provide the previous one you used.
Using Verve, Visa or MasterCards
You can conduct internet banking using only Verve, Visa or Mastercard ATM. For most people, this method is ideal for purchasing good and services, making transfers, and paying bills online.
However, there are differences between these cards:
- Access Bank debit Verve card allows you to make payments directly from your account (only in Nigeria).
- Access Bank Credit Visa card is a dual-currency denominated payment card which allows you spend and settle in naira for domestic transactions while all your international transactions are billed and settled in US dollars.
- Access Bank Prepaid Card is a multi-currency reloadable payment card used for transactions across multiple channels and is available in four currencies; NGN, GBP, USD, and Euro; the card is accepted globally.
Once you get permission from any branch of Access Bank to use any of the ATM cards for online transactions, you can simply fill in your card number and security code for easy internet banking.
Access mobile banking is available to customers who have their BVN and a phone number registered with the bank. The following steps are how you can make transactions using the online app.
1. Register for Access Bank USSD banking by dialing *901# on your phone.
2. You will be prompted to enter your BVN number to finalize your registration.
Subscription is at no cost and with the above steps, you can have immediate access to your account.
However, to perform banking transactions, you will be requested to use your authentication token issued by Access Bank. But in the event you do not have an authentication token, you should visit any Access Bank branch to obtain a transaction PIN.
Access Bank Online Transfer Codes
1. To transfer money to Access Bank: dial *901*1*AMOUNT*NUBAN Account Number# from your phone number, then authenticate with your transfer security code which is the last 4-digits of your BVN number.
2. To transfer to other banks – dial *901*2*AMOUNT*NUBAN Account Number#. The charge is N80+N4.00(VAT).
3. To buy airtime – dial *901*Amount#
4. To check the status of your account – dial *901*5# on your Access Bank registered phone number and type in your security code.
5. To purchase data for all communication network – dial *901*8#.
6. You can also open an account with the bank without visiting the branch or fill out any forms. Just dial *901*0# and follow the text prompts:
- Provide your personal details or your BVN number;
- After providing the required details, you will receive an SMS with details of your new account number.
For assistance, additional queries and support you can call Access Bank Contact Centre on 07002255222377 or send an email to [email protected]