Mobile banking has made banking transactions to be as easy as pie. It goes without saying that mobile banking in Nigeria is here to stay, as every financial institution has fully developed and integrated mobile banking transactions into its operations. To shed more light on this, we will talk about Unity bank transfer code, a seamless mobile banking method created to make transactions easier for customers.
Unity bank, being one of the oldest and trusted banks in Nigeria, developed its mobile banking system and transfer code to save its customers the burden of spending their valuable time, queuing for long hours at the banking hall to send money to their business partners or loved ones.
Since mobile transfer transactions have become very popular and common among account holders, there are still many bank customers who are ignorant of the existence of such a method of carrying out transactions or how to activate it. In this article, you will be enlightened on everything about the Unity bank transfer code, how to activate and send money using the code.
How To Transfer Money With Unity Bank Transfer Code Using USSD
- To transfer to a Unity Bank account, just dial *7799*1*Account No*Amount# (e.g. *7799*1*1234567890*10000#)
- To transfer to other Bank’s account, just dial *7799*2*Account No*Amount# (e.g *7799*2*1234567890*10000#)
How To Transfer Money With Unity Bank Transfer Code Using Internet Banking
- Login with your user name and password
- Click on “Transfer” tab
- Click Self Linked transfer, Unity Bank Transfers, Other Banks Transfer
- Select “Account number” to debit
- Fill the other beneficiary details
- Click “Next”
- Enter the 6 digit number generated on your token device
- Click “Authorize”
What is the Unity Bank Transfer Code?
The Unity bank Unstructured Supplementary Service Data, better known as USSD code (*7799#), is a convenient banking short code service, which gives Unity Bank’s customers leverage to perform several banking services, without necessarily visiting the banking hall, but through their registered mobile phone numbers, using any type of phone.
Nonetheless, the Unity bank transfer code has wholly eased the long tasking process of sending money. Before the advent of the USSD code, one must visit a banking hall or an ATM to make transfers or perhaps, download and register the Unity Bank Mobile App, which uses a data connection to make transfers. But today, with the emergence of the USSD code, money transfers have become completely easy and stress-free, as you transfer money even at the comfort of your bed by simply dialing the USSD code within seconds.
Gone are the days when people spend hours in the banking hall to transfer money from one account or bank to another. In this generation, fund transfer is one of the simplest transactions anyone can make – both from the comfort of his home and elsewhere. Like most banks, Unity Bank boasts a very efficient online transfer system. The bank’s mobile transfer code is designed to allow clients to perform transactions via USSD or SMS anytime, any day.
The mobile transfer platform also offers customers the opportunity to transfer funds within a self-linked account, view and download a statement of account, make an interbank transfer, transfer to a third party within Unity Bank, and maintain regular beneficiaries.
Benefits of Using The Unity Bank Transfer Code
The Unity bank USSD shortcodes is more of a dream come true for most banking customers, as it enables you to carry out a wide range of transactions at the comfort of your home. The more knowledge of USSD codes you have, the more you save yourself from several financial transactions stresses.
- Asides from transferring money, the USSD code can also enable you to perform lots of time-consuming and tiring transactions, such as airtime purchases, utility bills payment, e.g., Electricity, DSTV, GOTV, subscription, funds transfer, check balance, request for BVN, and more.
- The code works with all telecom networks; MTN, AIRTEL, GLO, and 9Mobile lines, whichever is linked to your account.
- It provides a secure and convenient way to transact with the bank. It saves cost and time.
- It is reliable and easy to use.
How To Activate The Unity Bank USSD Code
If you are a first-time user, you will need to register for the Unity Bank USSD banking. To activate the USSD Code, all you need is your registered mobile phone number. If you have that ready, follow the steps below.
- Dial *7799# and send. (Note: This must be done using the phone number linked to your Unity bank account).
- The process will require you to enter your account number.
- After this, you will have to create a 4-digits secret PIN, which you must not disclose to anyone. You are to use this PIN to confirm your transactions.
How To Send Money Using The Unity Bank Transfer Code
In this section, we shall present to you a step–by–step procedure to follow in using the Unity Bank Transfer Code to send money from Unity Bank Account to another Unity Bank account, and from a Unity bank account to other banks. If you’re sending money from Unity Bank to another Unity Bank, follow these simple steps:
- Use your Unity Bank registered phone number,
- Dial *7799*1*Account No*Amount#
- Press send
How To Send Money From Unity Bank To Other Bank Accounts
- Step 1
Dial *7799*2*Account No*Amount# then press send.
(Note that the daily- cumulative limit of the USSD transfer you can do is N100,000)
- Step 2
If you’re sending to other banks, you will go to Select the bank type
- Step 3
Receiver’s Name Verification: you are required to check the name of the recipient’s bank account to ensure it is the exact name of the receiver before proceeding.
- Step 4
Enter your USSD banking 4-digit PIN, which you earlier created while registering for the USSD, or the last four digits on your ATM Card number, to confirm your transfer.
Once you have completed these steps, a debit alert from Unity bank will be sent to your phone number via SMS to confirm whether your transfer was successful or not.
NB: The bank accepts only the number registered with it when you created your bank account. If the number is no longer active, kindly visit the nearest Unity Bank branch and add your new number to your profile. Once you do this, you are eligible to use the transfer code with your new number.
List of Unity Bank USSD Short Codes
- Transfer to Unity bank – *7799*1*Account no*amount#
- Transfer to Other banks – *7799*2*Account no*amount#
- Self-recharge – *7799*Amount#
- Third-party recharge – *7799*Phoneno*amount#
- Balance enquiry – *7799*0#
- BVN verification – *7799*5#
- USSD on POS – *7799*000*RefID#
- Block account – *7799*9*phone number#
- Cardlesswithdrawal – *7799*8*Amount#
- Deactivate USSD Code – *7799*911#
- Bet9ja Wallet funding – *7799*403*Bet9ja ID*amount#
Unity Bank USSD Codes for DSTV Subscription
DStv Bouquets USSD Codes
- Padi (2000) – *7799*32*Smart card no*1#
- Compact (6800) – *7799*32*Smart card no*2#
- Compact Plus (10650) – *7799*32*Smart card no*3#
- Comfam (4000) – *7799*32*Smart card no*4#
- Premium (15800) - *7799*32*Smart card no*5#
Unity Bank USSD Codes for GOtv Subscription
GOtv BouquetsUSSD Codes
- Gotv Lite (400) – *7799*33* Smart card no*1#
- Gotv Max (3200) - *7799*33* Smart card no*2#
- Gotv Plus (1900) - *7799*33* Smart card no*3#
- Gotv Value (1250) – *7799*33* Smart card no*4#
Other FAQs On Unity Bank Transfer Code
Are there any charges in using the Unity Bank transfer code?
If you are wondering whether there are any charges applicable in using the USSD code, the answer is Yes. Transferring to Unity Bank accounts attracts a charge of N21 only per transaction, with (VAT inclusive). Whereas transferring to other banks in Nigeria costs N52 only per transaction (VAT inclusive).
Who Can Use The Transfer Code?
Unity Bank USSD transfer code is available to savings and current account holders; however, it doesn’t work with Corporate, domiciliary, and other account types.
When Can I Access The code?
The code is accessible 24 hours daily, including public holidays and weekends, and requires no internet connection.
What Kind of Phone Is Best Suitable For Using the Transfer Code?
The Unity bank transfer code is compatible with all kinds of mobile phones: Android, Nokia, iOS, Blackberry, Windows, or Java.