First City Monument Bank (FCMB) transitioned from City Securities Ltd and later First City Merchant Bank, which was licensed in 1982. It became the first local bank in Nigeria to be established without government support. In the progression of time, the bank again faced another transition when it adopted the high sense of the use of technology that allows its customers to transact from anywhere using the FCMB app or the FCMB transfer code *329# among others. The transfer code is easy, convenient, safe, and can be done without using data or a browsable device.
The FCMB transfer code can be used at any time of the day without minding the number of times. Interestingly, the FCMB transfer code can be used to transfer money, pay bills, and recharge your phone and third party’s and check account balance, among other things. In view of this, here is how to carry out several transactions with the FCMB USSD code.
What is The FCMB Transfer Code?
The FCMB transfer code is the Unstructured Supplementary Service Data which is otherwise known as the USSD. It allows customers to transact at the comfort of anywhere without being present at any branch of the bank. With the FCMB USSD, customers are allowed to perform several tasks that include the following:
- Funds transfer (Inter-Bank and Intra-Bank)
- Bills Payment
- Airtime and Data purchase
- Balance inquiry
- Mini statement
- Cardless ATM
How to Gain Access to FCMB USSD and Get Transfer PIN
The USSD of FCMB is available to both retail and personal business accounts registered with the bank. To gain access to the platform, you can get started by dialing *329#. Note that you have to register using your account number and create a pin to gain access to the USSD of the bank.
Follow these steps to activate your line and get the Transfer pin
- Dial *329*0#
- Select Create/Reset code
- Select your ATM Card (for customers with multiple cards)
- Enter your ATM Card PIN
- Create a 4-digit Transaction Code, e.g., 1234
- Enter/confirm your USSD PIN and send
- Within a short period of time, you’ll receive a confirmation of your registration.
You Can Register the USSD At Any Branch of FCMB
The bank allows for USSD transfer codes to be made at any branch of the bank. This is best if you have not linked your line with your bank account or want to change it. The customer care of FCMB will assist you with the registration. However, the customer care representative may refer you to any other bank staff that may be of help in cases where it is necessary.
Can I Use The Transfer Code of FCMB to Send Money To Another Bank?
With the FCMB Transfer code, an active account, and a line linked to the account, you can transfer up to ₦500,000 daily on a one-time transfer with a daily default limit of 1,000,000 to either an FCMB account or any other account. However, you cannot transfer funds to Citi Bank and Standard Chartered accounts.
To transfer from your FCMB account to any other bank, dial *329*amount*account number#. However, it is worth noting that on each dial of the USSD, a transaction charge of 6 Naira is applicable.
Other Things Customers Can Do Using the FCMB USSD Code
There are many things you can do with the FCMB USSD Code asides from funds transfer. They include the following:
- You can top-up your mobile phone by dialing *329*Amount#
- To top-up other mobile phones, dial *329*Amount*Mobile number#
- For funds transfer, dial *329*Amount*Account number#
- To check balance, dial *329*00#
- You can also reset your PIN or reset/create a transaction code by dialing *329*0#.
- To buy data on any phone, dial *329*1*Mobile Number#
- To pay for DSTv or GOTv subscription, dial *329*2*Amount*Smartcard Number#
- If you want to block your debit card, dial *329#, select self-service, select block card.
- To block an account, dial *329#, select self-service, select block account.
- For BVN linking, dial *329#, select self-service, select link BVN.
- Dial *329#, select statement, select full statement, then select duration (up to 6 months). Your statement will be sent to your registered email address instantly.
- Dial *329#, select statement, then select mini statement to view your last five (5) transactions instantly.
- To make your electricity bill payments, dial *329*3*Amount*Meter No# or *329*3*Amount*AccountID#
- To block USSD Profile or Block Bank Account- *329*911# (Dial from either Registered or Unregistered number)
- Dial *329*911#
- Select 1 for USSD Account
- Select 2 for Bank Account
- Enter Mobile Number or Bank Account Number
- Confirm blocking of displayed Mobile Number/Bank Account and enter USSD 4 digit PIN
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What type of phone supports the FCMB transfer code?
- Once you have any GSM – either Java, android, IOS, or mobiles that you cannot browse with (e.g., Nokia 3310, Nokia 103), you can successfully make transactions. All you need is a network and a line that is linked to your account.
How much is the charge for transfers between accounts?
- Transfers from FCMB to another FCMB account are free.
- Transfers from an FCMB account to any other account attract a charge of N100.
- However, upon dialing the code, a fee of 6 Naira will be deducted from your account, but you will need to accept this before going further, or you cancel the request.
Is there a charge for recharging my phone using the FCMB USSD code?
- No. There is no charge applicable for recharging one’s phone using the USSD code. In addition, you do not need to have airtime to make this transaction.
What can I do if I’m unable to register for the FCMB transfer code?
- You can visit any branch of the bank if you cannot register the USSD using your phone.
How can I change my FCMB mobile banking PIN?
- Dial *329*214# again on your phone.
- Locate and click on the security
- Select change PIN
- Enter a new 4 digit PIN and send
How can I get to dispute resolution using the FCMB transfer code?
- Dial *329# on your mobile phone.
- Select self-services from the menu
- Select Dispute Resolution
- Choose your account to proceed.
Can I Use the FCMB USSD anywhere outside of Nigeria?
According to the terms and conditions of FCMB, a customer outside of Nigeria, who, even though is using a Nigerian line, has to check with the telecommunication provider for their mobile device whether you will be able to access the *329#. However, the FCMB shall not be liable for any additional cost you may incur to access USSD Banking outside Nigeria.