The Federal University Dutsin-Ma, popularly known as FUDMA, is a federal-owned university in Nigeria. It was one of the federal higher institutions of learning established under the administration of the former president of Nigeria, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, in 2011.
The school is situated in Dutsin-MA in Katsina State. It is known as one of the best as it continues to grow in infrastructure, student population, and also the creation of job opportunities for the members of the host community. The school runs undergraduate and postgraduate programs covering all necessary parts of each field of study. Like every other federal university, its catchment area is not only restricted to the North and to its indigenous people. Its catchment area is nationwide.
FUDMA Faculties, Departments, and the Courses They Offer
FUDMA, like most universities, offers varieties of courses varying from core science, social sciences, arts, engineering, and commercials. Below is a list of their courses arranged under different faculties and schools.
- Agriculture and Agricultural Technology
- Management Science
- Faculty of Life Science
- Faculty of Physical Science
- Faculty of Social Science
- School of General Studies and Preliminary Studies
- School Postgraduate Studies
The university also has an engineering faculty, but the particular departments under the faculty are not yet listed on their website.
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology
List of Departments in each Faculty
Faculty of Agriculture and Agricultural Technology
- Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Department of Agricultural Economics
- Department of Animal Science
- Department of Crop Production and Protection
- Department of Forestry and Wildlife Management
- Department of Food Science and Technology
- Department of Agricultural Extention and Rural Development
- Department of Soil Science
Faculty of Education
- Department of Science Education
- Department of Educational Foundation
- Department of Special Education
- Department of Library and Information Science
Faculty of Art
- Department of Languages and Linguistics
- Department of History and Strategic Studies
- Department of Islamic Studies
- Department of Hausa
- Department of Arabic
Faculty of Management Science
- Department of Accounting
- Department of Business Management
Faculty of Life Science
- Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Department of Biological Science
- Department of Microbiology
Faculty of Physical Science
- Department of Mathematical science
- Department of Applied Chemistry
- Department of Physics
- Department of Computer Science and IT
- Department of Geology and Mining
Faculty of Social Science
- Department of Economics and Development Studies
- Department of Geography and Regional Planning
- Department of Political Science
School of General and Preliminary Studies
- Department of Preliminary Studies
FUDMA School Fees and Their Fees Structure
The school fees are what assures a student of being a member of the school even after they might have been admitted and paid their acceptance fee.
As a freshman, your acceptance fees is nothing if it is not followed by school fees. This is because it would be assumed that you are not interested in the school if you do not pay your school fees. Also, as an old or returning student, payment of the school fees assures the authorities that you are still interested in the program.
Part of the payment process is usually made when the portal is open and must be made during the period the FUDMA portal is open to avoid unnecessary complications in the future. Also, after the payment of the fees, the school fees receipt is to be printed from the portal. The other documents used and acquired during the payment are to be photocopied and kept handy. This is to enable you to do your registration/documentation and clearance properly.
On the other hand, the school fees and the acceptance fees are not refundable. Therefore students are advised to be careful when making their payments, especially in their freshman year. There have been situations where students made payments to the wrong source and fraudsters. That is why they are to ask questions from the right sources or visit their school portal for more information.
How Much are FUDMA’s School Fees?
The Federal University Dutsin-Ma is considered one of the most affordable universities in Nigeria. This is due to the amount of money her students pay compared to what their counterparts from other schools pay. Below is the school fees breakdown for undergraduate Freshmen and returning students of FUDMA according to their 2021/2022 school fees schedule.
FUDMA School Fees for Undergraduate Freshmen Students
This totals about N76, 890 excluding fees that vary based on department.
|Sanitation and utilities
|Laboratory/workshop/studio charges ( it is for all students except the ones studying Business Management, Political Science, History, and Sociology)
|SIWES/Teaching practice (it is only for students in the Faculty of Agriculture, Faculty of Science, Department of Geography, and Faculty of Education)
Optional Fees for Undergraduate Freshmen Students
|Bed space for hostel accommodation
FUDMA School Fees for Returning Undergraduate Students
The total amount payable by FUDMA returning students totals about N46,090.
|Internet access (per semester)
|Sanitation and utilities
|Laboratory/workshop/studio charges (this is for students in Agric Faculty, Faculty of Sciences, the Department of Geography, and the Department of English)
Optional Fees for Returning Undergraduate Students
|Bed space for hostel accommodation
FUDMA Postgraduate School Fees
Due to its wide range of catchment areas, the list of graduate school fees for postgraduate students is divided into 3; school fees break down for indigenes, non-indigenes, and foreigners. For full details of FUDMA’s postgraduate programs, schools for all the segments, you can visit their official website.
Procedure for Making Payment
- Log on to the Remita platform
- Click on “Pay a Federal Government Agency.”
- It will automatically take you to another page. On that page, you will see a space for “Name of MDA,” type Federal University, DutsinMa.
- On the space for “Name of Service/Purpose,” select undergraduate fresh student/undergraduate returning student as the case may be. That will take you to the page where you will see the amount you will pay.
- Select your faculty, program, and department.
- Print out the slip and head to the bank for payment
Consequences of not paying FUDMA School Fees on Time
- Late payment of school fees in FUDMA attracts extra charges and complicates issues. The Criteria for measuring lateness is when the school portal closes.
- No payment at all leads to the students not being allowed to sit for the semester’s examination.