What does the bible say about friendship? The friends you keep in life will either make or mar you, so one needs to be careful in choosing friends. Also you need to know how to deal with the people that God has brought into your life. Making friends can be easy but keeping them requires wisdom, most of this wisdom you find in the bible. David and Jonathan were best of friends, wont you like to know the secrets that helped them sustain their friendship?
1. 1 Samuel 15:35 – And Samuel came no more to see Saul until the day of his death: nevertheless Samuel mourned for Saul: and the LORD repented that he had made Saul king over Israel.
2. 1 John 3:7 – Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
3. Philippians 2:19 – But I trust in the Lord Jesus to send Timotheus shortly unto you, that I also may be of good comfort, when I know your state.
4. Romans 16:4 – Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles.
5. 2 Samuel 10:2 – Then said David, I will shew kindness unto Hanun the son of Nahash, as his father shewed kindness unto me. And David sent to comfort him by the hand of his servants for his father. And David’s servants came into the land of the children of Ammon.
6. 2 Samuel 1:17-27 – And David lamented with this lamentation over Saul and over Jonathan his son
7. 1 Samuel 23:16-18 – And Jonathan Saul’s son arose, and went to David into the wood, and strengthened his hand in God.
8. 1 Samuel 18:20 – And Michal Saul’s daughter loved David: and they told Saul, and the thing pleased him.
9. Acts 23:16 – And when Paul’s sister’s son heard of their lying in wait, he went and entered into the castle, and told Paul.
10. John 21:7 – Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved saith unto Peter, It is the Lord. Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he girt [his] fisher’s coat [unto him], (for he was naked,) and did cast himself into the sea.
11. John 20:11-18 – But Mary stood without at the sepulchre weeping: and as she wept, she stooped down, [and looked] into the sepulchre,
12. John 11:1-46 – Now a certain [man] was sick, [named] Lazarus, of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha.
13. John 1:1-51 – In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
14. Proverbs 18:24 – A man [that hath] friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend [that] sticketh closer than a brother.
15. John 15:13 – Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
16. Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 – Two [are] better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.
17. Proverbs 27:17 – Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.
18. Proverbs 17:17 – A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
19. Proverbs 27:19 – As in water face [answereth] to face, so the heart of man to man.
20. 1 Peter 4:8-10 – And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.
21. 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 – Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become [as] sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
22. Proverbs 16:28 – A froward man soweth strife: and a whisperer separateth chief friends.
23. Proverbs 27:6 – Faithful [are] the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy [are] deceitful.
24. Hebrews 10:24-25 – And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works
25. 1 Thessalonians 5:11 – Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.