Every Christian around the world who is not familiar with the Bible, but is concerned about the issue of homosexuality and Gayism is probably wondering what exactly the Bible says about it and whether there are Bible verses against homosexuality.
Most of the controversies surrounding same-sex marriage are based on one’s beliefs, which are either formed by religion or by culture, in deciding if it is actually right or wrong. On the side of religion, Christianity to be exact, there is a need to find out whether the Bible actually stands for or is against it. Some people have argued that Jesus did not say anything about Homosexuality. However, the best way to find out the truth about homosexuality, lesbianism, and same-sex marriage is to go through the pages of the scriptures to find out the mind of God concerning this act.
In this article, we’ve decided not to go into a very lengthy debate or argument on this matter which has become a subject of controversy in the world lately, but rather we’ve decided to list 15 Bible verses against homosexuality.
Here are 15 Bible Verses Against Homosexuality in the Bible
1) Leviticus 18:22: ” Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is an abomination.”
2) Leviticus 20:13: “If a man also lies with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
3) Romans 1:26-28: For this reason, God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error. And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done.
4) Genesis 1:28: “And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.”
5) Romans 1:24-27: “Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves.”
6) 1 Corinthians 6:9-11: “Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.”
7) Jude 1: 7: “And don’t forget Sodom and Gomorrah and their neighbouring towns, which were filled with immorality and every kind of sexual perversion. Those cities were destroyed by fire and serve as a warning of the eternal fire of God’s judgment.” (NIV)
8) 1 Timothy 1:10: “The sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine.”
9) Romans 9:20: “Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed [it], Why hast thou made me thus?”
10) 1 Kings 14:24: “And there were also male cult prostitutes in the land. They did according to all the abominations of the nations that the LORD drove out before the people of Israel.” (ESV)
11) 1 Kings 15:12: “He put away the male cult prostitutes out of the land and removed all the idols that his fathers had made.” (ESV)
12) 2 Kings 23:7: “He also tore down the living quarters of the male and female shrine prostitutes that were inside the Temple of the LORD, where the women wove coverings for the Asherah pole.” (NLT)
13) Galatians 6:7-8: “Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.”
14) Mark 10:6-9: “But from the beginning of creation, ‘God made them male and female.’ ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.”
15) Romans 6:21: “What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things [is] death.”