With over 70% of Nigerians enjoying content from MultiChoice’s DSTV, the South African company now stands as Nigeria’s pioneer pay-TV service provider. The cable service offers premium entertainment that comprises general entertainment, news, information, sports, and education channels through highly innovative services and affordable subscription packages.
One of the company’s highly notable services is its online subscription service that allows you to manage your account and subscription effectively from the comfort of your home. Through the DSTV self-service, customers can do several other things conveniently and quickly.
The DSTV Self-Service
DStv Self-Service is a feature that allows all DStv customers to manage their respective DSTV accounts without getting in touch with the Call Centre. DSTV has continued to seek out ways to satisfy its esteemed customers and provide them with easy access to its services, hence the introduction of the DSTV self-service. With this, customers no longer have to join in the long queue to wait to be attended to by the DSTV customer service personnel. The following is a list of things customers can do with their service
- Fix errors
- Get your payment info and make payments
- Make online credit card payments and set recurring monthly payments
- Reconnect once your payment has been made, and activate packages
- Rent BoxOffice movies
- Set up and manage your Holiday Home
- Update your profile and personal details, and much more.
How To Access DStv Self-Service
There are four ways in which DSTV subscribers can access the self-service platform. Customers can pick which of these four easy methods of accessing the self-service to manage their DSTV account.
- My DSTV App: To get started on using this one-for-everything app, DSTV users must first download the MyDSTVApp from the app store. IOS users can download theirs from the apple store while android users can download theirs from the google play store. With this app, users can:
- Check balance,
- Make payment,
- Change package,
- Fix errors and
- Rent box office movies.
- DSTV Website: DSTV users can access the self-service platform by visiting the self-service website using their mobile phones, laptops, tablets, desktop computers, and other smart devices. To get started, enter the URL www.selfservice.dstvafrica.com/en-ng/mydstv-sign-in, log in to your DSTV account and stay up to date.
- WhatsApp: This platform is the latest of the DSTV self-services. It enables DSTV subscribers to communicate in real-time with a customer service chatbot. To use this platform, users can save the DSTV WhatsApp line +2349082368533 and connect with the DSTV customer representative any time of the day.
- USSD CODE: DSTV self-service is also available using USSD. To access DSTV self-service via USSD, dial *288# on your mobile phone and select the option you wish to address by entering the number representing the option. Using USSD at your convenience, you can check your last four transactions, transfer funds between your accounts, and reconnect packages.
How To Create A DStv Self-Service Account
DSTV self-service accounts are created immediately after you buy and register your new DSTV. The details used to register your new DSTV account would serve as your login details to subsequently sign in to the various self-service platforms.
The details needed to create the self-service account are:
- Your last name
- Your country
- Phone number
- Your smartcard number
How To Login To The Self-Service Platform
For DSTV users who already have an account, here is the procedure on how to login the self-service dashboard:
- Visit the DSTV website.
- Click on “sign-in”.
- On the sign-in page, fill in the required login information.
- Then click on proceed.
What You Can Do On DStv WhatsApp Self-Service
With technology improving every day, and people getting more and more attached to their phones and WhatsApp being one of the most used social media platforms, DStv chose to embrace this platform and use it to bring better service to its customers. MultiChoice Africa introduced the WhatsApp self-service platform in 2019 for its customers.
By using this self-service platform, DSTV users can now fix errors, subscribe for packages, rent box office movies, and upgrade their subscriptions by themselves. Making use of the WhatsApp self-service reduces the need to visit any of the MultiChoice customer care centers or calling the customer care lines as well as guaranteeing a minimal wait time for response.
This platform is available in Nigeria and DSTV Nigeria subscribers can access this platform by adding the official DSTV self-service Nigerian WhatsApp number. Here is a step by step procedure of adding the DSTV self-service Nigeria WhatsApp number through your contacts:
- Put on your preferred internet data.
- Open your phone dialer app.
- Dial out the number +2349082368533.
- Click on add new contact.
- Enter the name you wish to save the number in the contact name section.
- Click on save.
- Next, launch your WhatsApp.
- Click on the message icon at the bottom right corner of your WhatsApp.
- Stroll down to the contact you used in saving the DSTV WhatsApp line.
- If you can’t find it, click on the 3 dots icon on the top right corner of the contact list and hit refresh.
- Once refreshed, you will get to see the contact as saved by you.
How To Add The DSTV Self-Service Nigerian WhatsApp Number Directly From The DSTV Website
- Open your browser and go visit the DSTV website.
- Stroll down to the self-service section.
- Click on the drop-down of the WhatsApp option.
- Click on “Say Hello”.
- It will immediately open your WhatsApp and start out an automatic conversation with the DStv bot.
- The account will be added immediately.
Things You Can Do on the WhatsApp Self-Service
- Pay your account
- Check your balance
- Manage your holiday viewing
- Clear errors
- Reconnect your package
- Change your package
- Rent a movie
- Browse the TV guide
How to Check Your DStv Package on Self Service
For mobile app:
- Install the DSTV app if not already installed.
- Select Nigeria during setup.
- Sign in using your registered mobile number/username and smartcard number.
- Select my account.
- Details of your package and expiring date would be displayed.
Through the DStv website:
- Visit the DSTV website.
- Sign in using your registered mobile number/surname and smartcard number.
- Select my account.
- Your current package and its expiring date would be shown.
How To Reset Your DStv Through the Self Service Platform
Often times when customers make their DStv subscription after it expires or when they make a subscription without their smartcards in the DSTV decoder, they get to realize that some channels get missing even after making payment. In such cases, customers would have to reset their DSTV and this can be done by following the easy instructions provided below. The process is the same using both the DSTV app or visiting the DSTV website.
- On the DSTV app or by visiting the DSTV website.
- Login to the portal by entering your surname/registered mobile number, smartcard number and select Nigeria as your country.
- When logged in, stroll down and select “fix errors”.
- Fill in your smartcard number in the box provided.
- If not already selected, select the “E16 error” option.
- Click on fix error
- The E16 error would be immediately resolved for your subscribed channels.
Common DStv Error Codes You Can Fix Using Your Self Service Account
It is common to experience different error codes popping up on your TV screens. This usually prevents one from watching DSTV channels while the subscription is still valid. Error codes E16, E19, E30, & E32 can be easily cleared without the need of calling Multichoice customer service. To have them all cleared, these simple steps may be of help
- Go to www.DSTV.com
- Select the type of error code that you see on your T.V set,
- Enter your smart card / serial No, and solve the Captcha
- Click “Reset Device”
What is DStv Nigeria’s Customer Care Contacts, and Call Centre Numbers
DStv has its offices and call centers all across Nigeria. To get the contacts to the nearest call center around you, go to their website and click the contact us button to get more
For customers in Nigeria (Lagos and Abuja), you can visit or call any of the following offices below.
DSTV Nigeria Lagos:
Plot 1381 Tiamiyu Savage Street; Victoria Island, Lagos State.
Multichoice Nigeria Center Number: 1 270 3232 or 080 3900 3788.
Lagos Office Fax: 01 270 3256.
DSTV Nigeria Abuja
Legion House, 3 Kaura Namoda Street Area 3 Garki, Abuja.
Multichoice Nigeria Center Number: 2347291/2.
Their toll-free numbers are: Etisalat – 09090630333, Airtel – 07080630333, MTN – 08149860333, GLO – 08113630333 or 080037882666328