In a multi-cultural, diverse and highly populated enclave such as Nigeria, it is possible that many influential and rare gems go unnoticed.
When Pentecostal Pastors are the topic in Nigeria, the usual names bandied are that of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome of Christ Embassy, Pastor E.A Adeboye of Redeem Christian Church of God, Bishop David Oyedepo of Living Faith to mention a few.
Some Pastors are more averse to media publicity and fanfare, Pastor David Ogbueli perfectly fits the bill of “front-liners who fly under the radar”.
His teaching and healing ministry which started out as University campus fellowship in Enugu in the 80’s is finally hitting National prominence. Buzz Nigeria brings you few facts about this charismatic preacher.
- Pastor David Ogbueli was Born on the 28th day of April 1968
- He hails from the South Eastern State of Anambra
- Married to Pastor Sarah Ogbueli, whom he met as a fellow undergraduate at the University. They are blessed with four children.
- Commenced Christian Ministry at the age of 12, pioneering campus fellowships as an undergraduate, the core of which metamorphosed into Dominion City Worldwide
- A Graduate of Microbiology from the Prestigious University of Nigeria, Nsuka
- He is the Senior Pastor of Dominion City, one of the fastest growing Pentecostal Ministries in Nigeria.
- The Church started as a small gathering of nurses in 1996 in a small space at Marcus Garvey street, Enugu before moving to 95 Chime Avenue, Enugu and has spread to over 450 chapters in Nigeria and about 60 more scattered across cities in Africa, Europe and Asia.
- He is the Founder of the New Covenant Family Ministries, a Campus focused arm of the Ministry with a presence in most Universities in Southern Nigeria
- Pastor David also serves as President of the Dominion Leadership Institute, a training body that seeks to equip Christians for success in their fields of endeavour. Pastor David is also a regular resource person at the Institute for National Transformation (INT)
- He has authored hundreds of books, including The Dominion Mandate, Essence of Life, among others
- Pastor David Ogbueli hosts the Satellite TV and Radio Programme “Expand Your World” running on various TV and Radio stations across the nation.
- He is the host of Dominion City’s Annual Camp Meeting, a three Day Spiritual retreat held during the Easter weekend and attended by delegates from over 4 continents.
- President of the Golden Heart Foundation, a Non-Governmental Organization with a focus on youth value re-orientation, leadership education, youth empowerment and entrepreneurial development. The GHF is also responsible for convening the annual National Youth Summit.
David Ogbueli and Dominion City
The Dominion City church, sometimes known as the New Covenant Family (NCF) actually began in 1996. It has grown steadily since then and is now one of the most established and well-known ministries in Nigeria. It currently has 40 city churches (including in Enugu, Lagos and Abuja) and campus churches and fellowships spread all over Nigeria with healthy membership numbers and over 70 Pastors serving under the vision of the Dominion City church.
According to Pastor David Ogbueli, the vision of the Dominion City Church is to preach the total gospel of Jesus Christ. The vision began from an apartment in New Haven, Enugu and its success is certainly a marvel to the Christian community. The ministry has a mission arm called the Global Mission Network. The Global Mission Network has made a name for itself by philanthropic gestures done towards the less privileged in the society.
The Dominion City church has combined the goal of winning countless souls for Christ with a quest to empower members of the society. The church seems ever ready with a helping hand, making human empowerment one of its key watchwords.
In 2015, the Dominion City Church Enugu headquarters conducted a free medical outreach which stormed Akpuoga Nike Emene, in Enugu East Council Area of Enugu state during which they had routine free medical exercise, and treated dozens of members of the poor and neglected community of different diseases and ailments. The exercise was carried out in partnership with Abiding Fruits maternity and clinic, being operated under the federal government YOUWIN programme.