To those men who think all women are the same, I believe perhaps this may depend on the country or geographical location they come from. Men think they know women and everything that comes along with them, however the fact may be, you might have a change of thought if you happen to meet a typical Nigerian woman. Women they say, are mysterious beings because they are hard to study and understand and hard to predict but with that notwithstanding, there are so many things that Nigerian women do that men and other women outside Nigeria have no clue about. I guess that is just what makes them one of the most ingenious creatures God ever created on this planet. Care to know what makes the Nigerian woman unique? Let’s go over some of these rare facts
– Nigerian Women are Tactical in Thinking: A typical Nigerian Woman knows how to make things simple for herself. It is a popular believe that women don’t work hard as men do, but that may be because they get it right the first time. A typical Nigerian woman knows how best to play herself out of difficult situations. I believe Nigerian men will tell the story better. She knows how best to swindle and control any man she desires. How you may wonder, ask a Nigerian woman. In the Nigerian home, men are regarded as the head but looking deeply you will see that the woman is the leader but only in the most coded of ways. She’ll fall back and let the man feel like he’s the one in charge but really; Nigerian women are the leaders from behind.
– She is a Good Cook: An average Nigerian woman is groomed from birth to be everything a man would expect of a woman and a wife and one of these ways is cooking. Not knowing how to cook is a serious crime in Nigeria.The popular saying that “the best way to a man’s heart is his stomach” can be rephrased as “the best way to A Nigerian Man’s heart is his through stomach”. This is to show how much Nigerians value what they eat, which could be the native Nigerian dishes or African and continental dishes. In fact, men in Nigeria believe that a woman is responsible if she is good with domestic works while the ones with very little knowledge and domestic know-how are considered irresponsible. Hence, a typical Nigerian woman is an expert in preparing organic and healthy food. From Ofe Nsala to Efo Riro, Edikangikong, Ila Asepo, Karkashi, Banga to Gbegiri. Talk more of Bitter Leaf soup, Garden Egg stew, Ewedu and lots more.
Check out: 25 Most Influential Women in Nigeria
– She is Submissive:The simple Nigerian woman is always willing to submit and be a real wife to an African man. She is taught from little about Marriage cultures and how to keep them. Total humility and submissiveness is the watch word of a typical Nigerian Woman. By so doing, she enjoys unhindered and lavished love that she initially never bargained for.That’s why a man from Nigeria can fly several miles back home to bring her over.
– She Sees the Family as a Man’s Responsibility: It is a common norm in Nigeria that running and maintaining the family is the sole duty of the man of the house while she is only a supporter. It is also quite common to hear men complaining that Nigerian women are too materialistic. As this may not be totally true, we can say that they simply want to know that a man can take care of himself and his family. Every Nigerian woman looks for a responsible man who is able to make decisions in dire situations.They get married to you because you are tough and you will go to any lent to provide for her needs and that of her extended family. To them, a man is a total failure and can not command respect if he lacks financial capability. You want her to be happy and remain with you, prove you are tough, hardworking and above all? Show her some money!
– She is a Parrot: Have you ever engaged yourself in an argument with a woman, try a Nigerian woman. Make one statement and she gives you various interpretations that is long enough to fill an entire novel. Talk of being smart and brave and you find the typical Nigerian woman. She is never easily swayed by a man’s tricky words or actions because before you are done talking, she will tell you where you are headed. In fact, to a Nigerian woman, say one thing and she helps you finish the entire story
– She Loves to Look Good: No one can take care of herself like the Nigerian Woman. To her, the best way to show off her money or wealth is to hang them in her closet. To her, very ceremony and public gathering comes with a new attire. You may want to attend a social gathering just so you can catch fun but a Nigerian woman goes so she could see the trending hair styles, latest attires and shoes. No wonder we have our major markets stock with about 70% female cloths, cream, soaps, shoes Human hair extensions and lots more. A Nigerian woman compliments her look with nice Ankara or foreign attires with nice shoes and hand bag to match with. She loves to adorn herself and if you are concerned about her happiness, get her some of those.
– Sex is a Responsibility: Unlike what we see in the western world, a Nigerian woman is naturally taught by her parents about how she can exercise all her duties as a wife. These ranges from taking care of the home, cooking, washing cloths and dishes and above all, sexual duties. Bearing this in mind, she yields herself willingly to her husband any time duty calls. The fact that the multicultural nature of the Nigerian society teaches women self-worth and modesty can not be over emphasized, so is their believe that a woman’s body is her husband’s. That is why they are loved and well cared for by their husbands.
Though Nigeria is a male dominated place, the Nigerian woman still thrives and takes part in the running of the government. You see them in several government and multinational institutions where they play important roles that can barely be distinguished from that of men.Though today Nigerian women play a minimal role in politics, we can say they are moving fast when compared to what we had in some years back and as time passes, women are beginning to demand some equality.