You can recharge your Airtel card using the new USSD code *311#. This is a unified code for recharging cards for all mobile networks in Nigeria, including Airtel Nigeria. You can also recharge your Airtel card from your bank account.
Recharging your phone using the Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) code remains the easiest way to load phone credits. Telecommunication companies like Airtel make use of USSD codes to drive revenue, connect with their customers, and even enhance convenience. So when you are not internet-enabled to load credits from your bank account, then buying a card from the nearest vendor and recharging it would be your next best option. Find below the various steps you can take to recharge your Airtel card in Nigeria.
What is Airtel Recharge Pin?
The Airtel recharge pin is a 16-digit pin Airtel customers use to recharge their phone line. These 16 digits are arranged in four patches, with four digits per patch, for clarity’s sake. For instance, the 16-digit PIN appears in this form 0000 0000 0000 0000.
Moreover, for the Airtel pin to work, it is accompanied by a short code *311#. The two sets of digits work together to give us a recharge pin. So, if you want to recharge an Airtel card in your phone, you will need a combination of both the Airtel PIN and a short code. When you do not enter the PIN correctly, or the PIN is incomplete, your recharge will not be successful.
How Many Digits is Airtel Recharge Card?
The Airtel Nigeria Airtime Recharge Card contains a total of sixteen (16) digits. If the Voucher PIN is less or above 16 digits, it is either not correct or is not an Airtel Recharge card.
How To Load Airtel Recharge Card
Loading an Airtel card in Nigeria is essential for all Airtel subscribers. The network provider has a code its subscribers would use to load their Airtel card. Find below the step-by-step guide on how you can load an Airtel recharge card with ease.
- Purchase an Airtel recharge card from the nearest retailer.
- Dial *311*the sixteen-digit number# on your device, then press the send key.
- Your account balance will be automatically credited with the amount purchased.
- To ensure that your Airtel voucher pin was loaded successfully, you can dial *310# to check your account balance.
Note: You can only recharge your Airtel card on an Airtel SIM card and not any other network. Once you miss a digit from the pin, your Airtel card will not be successfully loaded.
Alternatively, you can recharge directly from your bank account using the short code *444#. Here’s how it works;
- Dial the USSD code *444# on your device.
- Select the service or product option you want.
- Select the payment option. This can be either your bank or debit card.
- Enter the amount, and follow the subsequent prompts to complete the process.
Note: This method can only work if your Airtel line is linked with your bank account. You can use the method to load Airtel cards for your friends and loved ones as well.
How To Recharge Airtel Card Without The USSD Code
While using a USSD code to recharge your Airtel card remains the easiest, there are alternative methods you can use as well. A major alternative is recharging from your bank account through the Airtel App or your bank app, which can both be downloaded from the app store.
Recharge Airtel Number Using the Online method
- Visit the Airtel Nigeria Website
- Go to ‘Pay and Recharge’ in the menu.
- Scroll down and Select ‘Prepaid’ if you are a Prepaid user
- Enter your phone number in the first box,
- Enter the airtime amount you wish to recharge
- Click on ‘Buy Airtime/Data
- Complete the process by entering your payment method
- Once this is successful, you will receive an SMS notifying you of your credit recharge
Recharging from an ATM
- Visit an ATM.
- Select Recharge, then Airtel.
- Enter your phone number
- Enter the recharge card amount, then follow the prompts to complete the process
How To Get A Bonus On Airtel After Recharge
In order to get bonus airtime after recharging your Airtel line, all you will need is to activate the Airtel 6X bonus by dialing the bonus code that starts with *555*voucher PIN# to get this bonus.
For example, if your voucher pin is 1234 5678 9012 3456, you’ll have to dial the special bonus code, which is *555*1234567890123456#, and send it to load the card. This will give you six times the amount of your recharge card.
Note: Every Airtel recharge bonus has a validity period. Basically, the lower your recharge card amount, the lower your airtime bonus validity. This means that if you purchased a recharge card of N100 and loaded it using the bonus code, your recharge bonus will be valid for 14 days. A N300 recharge card loaded with the *555* code gives you a bonus that is valid for 30 days.
How To Recharge Airtel Router
Airtel offers different data plans for its router users. This data plan ranges from daily to monthly plans, and each plan comes with a specified amount of data and a validity period. However, once you know the data plan for your router, you can choose a suitable recharge method to top up your data. As usual, the easier method is through the Airtel router code *370#. Here are the steps you can follow;
- Dial *370*pin#
- Double-check that you’ve entered the correct PIN number
- Press send on your mobile phone
- If the recharge doesn’t reflect immediately, wait a few minutes and try resetting your router.
- To confirm your recharge was successful, dial 140# and press send.
- Choose the “Check Balance” option from among the options displayed on your phone and enter the number that corresponds to the option.
- You will see your current internet balance.
Airtel Awuf Recharge Code
The Airtel Awoof Recharge or Smartcharge is an affordable and convenient way to top up your airtime and receive at least 10 times the value of your airtime when you recharge your line with *220*PIN#
In addition to your 10 times recharge value, you get an extra data value on N500 and N1,000 recharges. All you need to enjoy this Awoof is to get your phone recharged using the Awoof code provided by Airtel.
Airtel Tariff Plans that Gives Bonus on Recharge
The following is a list of Airtel Tariff plans that give a bonus on recharge and the codes to use
- SmartConnect /Smart trybe – Gives 8X recharge bonus
- SmartRecharge – Gives 10X (1000%) recharge bonus (*220*Recharge Pin#).
- 6X Bundles – Dial *311*Recharge Pin#
- Airtel Talkmore – Gives 5X or 500% Recharge bonus *126*1*Recharge Pin#