You can check an Airtel number in Nigeria through the USSD code *121#, which is one of the easiest ways. Other methods of knowing your Airtel Number include reaching customer care representatives and through the My Airtel Africa App.
Airtel phone numbers are all unique to customers. It is important to check your phone number as it is essential personal information that can be used both online and offline.
How to Check My Airtel Number
You can check your Airtel number using the *121# code, the Airtel App, through the help of a friend or by dialing 300 to speak to a customer service representative.
What is the Code to Check Airtel Number?
The code to use to check your Airtel number is *121# and *121*3*4#.
Using any type of phone and with your Airtel line, here is a step-by-step guide:
- Dial *121#
- Select 3 to manage my account
- Select my number (4)
- Information will automatically appear on your screen, showing your phone number
Apart from this, another USSD code to use is *121*3*4#. This is a shorter code to get your phone number. Immediately after the code is dialed, a message with your phone number will also appear on your phone screen.
What Does Airtel Number Start With?
There are about 10 different numbers grouped into 4 numbers that start with “0”. Here is a list of all the numbers that Airtel starts with:
How To Check My Airtel Number Through SMS
You can check your Airtel number through SMS by dialing *121*3*4#. Immediately after the code is dialed, a message with your phone number will also appear on your phone screen. The message will include your unique 11-digit phone number.
How To Check Airtel Number in Keypad on Mobile
This mode of checking your phone number can be done with the help of a third party. This means that instead of you checking your number, you can have a family or friend who is an Airtel subscriber help you out.
Follow the steps below to check your Airtel number in Keypad on Mobile.
- Dial *141*friend’s phone number#
- This will send a “please call me back” message to the number you inserted, and it will include your phone number
- Call or text the number requesting your number
- Or, you can ask the friend to forward the message to you
Note: It is important to know whoever you’re sending the message to. Also, informing them of your intention before proceeding with the request is best.
You Can Check Your Airtel Number by Calling Customer Care
Another way to get your Airtel number is by calling the network’s customer care service by following the following description:
- Dial 300 on your mobile device
- Follow the voice prompt and request to speak to a customer representative
- Then, you can proceed to ask for your phone number
- You’ll need to answer a few personal questions for the customer care representative to ascertain that you are the owner of the line
- Afterward, your number will be called, and you can also request for it to be sent via SMS
You can also call Airtel using any other network or even when you are outside Nigeria. All you need do is call using +234 802 150 0111.
How To Check Your Airtel Number Using My Airtel App
You can see your unique phone number using the Airtel App. To do this, simply follow the steps below:
- Using a smartphone, visit the Google Play Store (Android) or Apple Store (IOS)
- Search My Airtel App and download it on your device
- Install the App and sign in using your details which include your mobile number
- The App will automatically show you your number, and you will also have access to your other SIM details, registration data, and access to PUK
Note: You can only successfully see your number using the My Airtel Africa App only if you’ve already signed up using your mobile number. This means that it is mostly available for people who have lost their numbers along the way or to people who find it hard to memorize their numbers but are already signed in to the App.