Rihanna’s secret lover has been identified as a Saudi businessman, Hassan Jameel, who is believed to be one of the wealthiest men in the world.
Recently, paparazzi pictures of the duo on their romantic Ibiza getaway in Spain emerged online making it the first public confirmation that Rihanna was even in a relationship.
In the photo, 29-year-old Riri was seen carrying a bouquet of flowers while her Middle Eastern man grinned ear to ear. The songstress donned a black and white striped baggy pantsuit with pointed flats as she held on to a black bomber jacket.
She also rocked long curly locks, a Barbie pink manicure, and blue cat-eye shades for her outing.
The eight-time Grammy winner and her lover were also spotted that same day passionately kissing each other in the swimming pool of their rented luxury villa.
Jameel appeared to confirm his romance with Rihanna by putting on a sexy display with the starlet in a pool while holidaying together.
However, industry sources reveal that the pair have been discreetly dating for several months but have tried to keep their romance under wraps. Here are 5 Buzz facts to note about the billionaire businessman;
- Hassan Jameel is the deputy president and vice chairman of the family-run business Abdul Latif Jameel, one of the world’s most successful companies, and key investors in Toyota.
- His family has dealership rights to Toyota cars are extremely wealthy and private.
- The tycoon has met British royals and was once photographed with Prince Andrew.
- He is also reported to have dated 47-year-old Naomi Campbell after being pictured with the supermodel icon at a Stevie Wonder concert last summer.
- His relationship with the Umbrella singer seems like it’s the real deal as Rihanna has told friends she’s in love with him and seems completely smitten.
Industry sources reveal the pair have been spending a lot of time away from prying eyes and are really serious. “They’re really enjoying each others’ company, she was coming into the UK on a regular basis to see him,” The Sun reports.
Interestingly, Campbell was recently speculated to have been feuding with Rihanna after the pair mysteriously unfollowed each other on Instagram.
When asked by Andy Cohen on his American talk show ‘Watch What Happens Live’ if the former friends “had beef” with one another, Campbell declined to either confirm nor explicitly deny that there had been an incident, offering a characteristically shady “Everything’s fine”, before adding, “I’m an actress now, Andy.”
Hassan Jameel is the first person Rihanna has been linked with since her rumoured on-again/off-again fling with R&B superstar Drake. Rihanna reportedly called it quits with rapper Drake, 30, in October 2016 after an on-off romance.
She was linked to Leonardo DiCaprio and Travis Scott in 2015 and had a brief relationship with baseball star Matt Kemp in 2010.
The songstress split with longtime boyfriend R&B star Chris Brown in 2009 after an argument between the couple escalated to Brown getting violent with Rihanna, leaving her with physical injuries.