Adesua Etomi is a top Nigerian actress best known for her award-winning lead role in the 2015 romantic drama film, Falling.
Even though she’s been active since 2012, the Nollywood star became the people’s choice actress since landing her first feature film Knocking On Heaven’s Door in 2014. Besides acting, Etomi is also a fashion icon and a social media influencer with 1.7 million followers on Instagram.
Adesua Etomi Biography, Age
Tolulope Adesuwa Etomi was born on February 22, 1986, in Owerri, Imo State, Eastern Nigeria.
Etomi had some schooling in Nigeria before moving to the United Kingdom at age 13. First, she acquired primary education at Corona School in VI, Lagos where she was a member of the school’s drama club. Afterward, she got enroled to Queen’s College, Lagos for her secondary education.
Etomi completed the rest of her education in the UK where she acquired a diploma in physical theatre, musical theatre and performing arts from City College Coventry, England in 2004. With triple distinctions to her credit, she capped it all with first-class honors in drama and performance from the University of Wolverhampton.
With her qualifications, Adesua Etomi started building a career in the entertainment industry since 2012. She played few minor roles until her big break came in 2014 with a major role in the Emem Isong produced romantic drama, Knocking On Heaven’s Door. Since that year to the present one, Etomi has played leading roles in films and television series such as:
- Falling – 2014
- A Soldier’s Story – 2015
- Out of Luck – 2015
- The Wedding Party 1 & 2 – 2016 – 2017
- The Arbitration – 2016
- Couple of Days – 2016
- Shuga – 2015 – 2017
- LasGidi Cops – 2016
- And The Spirit Slowly Dies – 2016
- 10 Days In Sun City – 2017
- Something Wicked – 2017
Etomi won the 2016 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Award for Best Actress In A Drama after her excellent role in the Uduak Isong produced romantic film, Falling. She has also been nominated and won other prestigious awards including,
- Nollywood Reinvented Awards for Best New Actress
- Golden Movie Awards for Discovery of the Year.
- ELOY Awards for Actress of the Year – Big screen
- 2016 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards for Best Actress in a Drama (Movie/TV series).
She was raised by her parents as the youngest of their three kids. Adesua has an older brother, Tosin Etomi, and a sister, Temitayo Etomi. Her father is a soldier and of Esan descent, while her mother, Eniiwaju Etomi, is an engineer and of Yoruba descent.
Husband (Banky W)
Adesua Etomi and her husband, Banky W got married in November 2017 at different ceremonies, location and dates – Traditional and Court Wedding in Nigeria on Nov. 19 and 20 respectively; and then went to Cape Town, South Africa to celebrate the White Wedding on Nov. 27, 2017.
Banky W (Olubankole Wellington) is a music artist, actor and label producer who has signed artists like Wizkid, Skales, Niyola, and others. He is credited as the founder of Empire Mates Entertainment (E.M.E) record label which is listed among Top 15 Music Labels in Nigeria.
After dating for a year and a half, the celebrity couple got engaged on February 2017. Etomi took to her IG page to give fans a little clue on how she and the famous artist met.
According to the beautiful actress, Banky became her biggest fan ever, after meeting in an event back in 2015, which was “the beginning of something amazing.” From there on, there was no going back for the couple who has become an internet sensation. Etomi describes her husband as a “Mighty Good Man,” who is a “proof that God is real.”
While Adesua Etomi and Banky W remain the center of attention in Nigeria, the media discovered one surprising and historic connection between the couple – they both attended the same (Corona) School for their primary education.
Other facts About Adesua Etomi
1. Height: 1.68 m or 5 feet 5 inches.
2. Etomi’s age is something of a miss-match from the start. This means that only her birthday and month is certain but not her year of birth.
Nevertheless, during an interview with Pulse Nigeria in January 2016, the actress mentioned she was 29 years old. Since her birthday is February 22, she turned 30 that year , thus we come to the conclusion that the Nollywood star was born in the year 1986.
2. Parents: Her family is originally from Edo State – her father is from the Esan tribe and mother is from the Yoruba tribe.
3. Adesua Etomi’s mom, Eniiwaju Etomi is not only a civil engineer, she’s a Redeemed Christian Church of God Pastor in Coventry, UK.
4. Her dad (name unknown) is a soldier and was not present at her White Wedding in Cape Town, South Africa, leaving her older brother, Tosin the task of walking his younger sibling down the aisle to join her groom.
5. Like most brides, Etomi shed tears of joy as she headed down the aisle and it couldn’t have been cuter!.