Happiness is a feeling which comes free and should also be shared freely. Life seems meaningless where there is no happiness, indeed everyone wants to be happy, but the question is how do you go about achieving that. There are lots of places people seek happiness, though it might last for a while they end up getting hurt. Happiness can be found in little things and most uncommon places, so all you need to do is to follow your heart and you will find happiness. Also one of the most common places people find happiness is in the arms of their loved ones. There is a feeling of happiness when you love someone and they love you back. Happiness puts people in a positive mood, and people tend to relate more to happy people. Happiness is a choice, so you can choose to remain happy against all odds. Why not start with this cool Pharrell Williams’ song on happiness
Here is a list of happiness quotes and being happy lines
1. Now and then it’s good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy – Robert Brault
2. When a man has lost all happiness, he’s not alive. Call him a breathing corpse – Sophocles
3. One day you just say “To heck with it,” and you go looking for trouble, and you find happiness – Robert Brault
4. If someone loves a flower of which just one example exists among all the millions and millions of stars, that’s enough to make him happy when he looks at the stars. ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince, 1943, translated from French by Richard Howard
5. Joy is more divine than sorrow; for joy is bread, and sorrow is medicine. ~ Henry Ward Beecher
6. Now and then it’s good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy. ~ Robert Brault
7. When a man has lost all happiness, he’s not alive. Call him a breathing corpse. ~ Sophocles
8. One day you just say “To heck with it,” and you go looking for trouble, and you find happiness. ~ Robert Brault
9. Some pursue happiness, others create it. ~ Author Unknown
10. Happiness pulses with every beat of my heart. ~ Terri Guillemets
11. Happiness consists more in conveniences of pleasure that occur every day than in great pieces of good fortune that happen but seldom. ~ Benjamin Franklin
12. The essence of philosophy is that a man should so live that his happiness shall depend as little as possible on external things. ~ Epictetus
13. Gather the crumbs of happiness and they will make you a loaf of contentment. ~ Author Unknown
14. Give a man health and a course to steer, and he’ll never stop to trouble about whether he’s happy or not. ~ George Bernard Shaw
15. Happiness is a conscious choice, not an automatic response. ~ Mildred Barthel
16. Usefulness is happiness, and… all other things are but incidental. ~ Lydia Maria Child, The American Frugal Housewife, 1829
17. Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length. ~Robert Frost
18. The best way for a person to have happy thoughts is to count his blessings and not his cash. ~ Author Unknown
19. Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of travelling. ~ Margaret Lee Runbeck
20. Even if happiness forgets you a little bit, never completely forget about it. ~ Jacques Prévert
21. If you want to be happy, be. ~ Leo Tolstoy
22. Happiness is never stopping to think if you are. ~ Palmer Sondreal
23. Most people would rather be certain they’re miserable than risk being happy. ~ Robert Anthony
24. The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up. ~ Mark Twain
25. If only we’d stop trying to be happy we could have a pretty good time. ~ Edith Wharton
26. Can anything be so elegant as to have few wants, and to serve them one’s self? ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
27. There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. ~ Logan Pearsall Smith, Afterthoughts, 1931
28. This is my “depressed stance.” When you’re depressed, it makes a lot of difference how you stand. The worst thing you can do is straighten up and hold your head high because then you’ll start to feel better. If you’re going to get any joy out of being depressed, you’ve got to stand like this. ~ Charles M. Schulz
29. Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne
30. Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~ Abraham Lincoln
31. Happiness is a form of courage. ~ Holbrook Jackson
32. Man must search for what is right, and let happiness come on its own. ~ Johann Pestalozzi
33. He is rich or poor according to what he is, not according to what he has. ~ Henry Ward Beecher
34. If you search the world for happiness, you may find it in the end, for the world is round and will lead you back to your door. ~ Robert Brault
35. Just as a cautious businessman avoids investing all his capital in one concern, so wisdom would probably admonish us also not to anticipate all our happiness from one quarter alone. ~ Sigmund Freud
36. There are some days when I think I’m going to die from an overdose of satisfaction. ~ Salvador Dali
37. There is no way to happiness — happiness is the way. ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
38. How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now, and there will never be a time when it is not now. ~ Gerald Jampolsky
39. We are seldom happy with what we now have, but would go to pieces if we lost any part of it. ~ Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic’s Notebook, 1960
40. I have only two kinds of days: happy and hysterically happy. ~ Allen J. Lefferdink
41. The happiness which is lacking makes one think even the happiness one has unbearable. ~ Joseph Roux
42. The search for happiness is unlike any other search, for we search last in the likeliest places. ~ Robert Brault
43. We cannot be happy if we expect to live all the time at the highest peak of intensity. Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance and order and rhythm and harmony. ~ Thomas Merton, 1955
44. Enjoyment is just the sound of being centered. ~ Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh
45. Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls. ~ Mother Teresa
46. Seeking happiness, I passed many travelers headed in the opposite direction, seeking happiness. ~ Robert Brault
47. She thinks that happiness is a mat that sits on her doorway. ~ Rob Thomas, “3 A.M.”
48. Happiness is a by-product of an effort to make someone else happy. ~ Gretta Brooker Palmer
49. Misery is almost always the result of thinking. ~ Joseph Joubert
50. My advice to you is not to inquire why or whither, but just enjoy your ice cream while it’s on your plate. ~ Thornton Wilder
51. Be happy. It’s one way of being wise. ~ Colette
52. Whatever you set aside to seek happiness, remember where you put it. ~Robert Brault
53. Precisely the least, the softest, lightest, a lizard’s rustling, a breath, a flash, a moment – a little makes the way of the best happiness. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
54. The greatest happiness you can have is knowing that you do not necessarily require happiness. ~ William Saroyan
55. Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. ~ Mahatma Gandhi
56. Sometimes we don’t find the thing that will make us happy because we can’t give up the thing that was supposed to. ~Robert Brault
57. Joy is not in things; it is in us. ~ Richard Wagner
58. Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude. ~ Denis Waitley
59. Happiness is like the penny candy of our youth: we got a lot more for our money back when we had no money. ~ Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic’s Notebook, 1960
60. Happiness is the interval between periods of unhappiness. ~Don Marquis
61. Happiness is the resultant of the relative strengths of positive and negative feelings rather than an absolute amount of one or the other. ~ Norman Bradburn
62. Cheerfulness is the very flower of health. ~ Proverb
63. With penetrating insight, the mystics will tell us that when we have a desire for a certain thing, a certain experience, and we fulfill that desire, the happiness we feel is not something given by that thing or experience; it is due to having no craving for a little while. ~ Eknath Easwaran, The Mantram Handbook
64. If you ever find happiness by hunting for it, you will find it, as the old woman did her lost spectacles, safe on her own nose all the time. ~ Josh Billings
65. Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they didn’t stop to enjoy it. ~ William Feather
66. Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. ~ Marcel Proust
67. For every minute you are angry, you lose sixty seconds of happiness. ~ Author Unknown
68. To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness. ~ Bertrand Russell, The Conquest of Happiness
69. Don’t shade your eyes from the bright joy of the world. ~ Terri Guillemets
70. Many people are extremely happy, but are absolutely worthless to society. ~ Charles Gow
71. To be happy, you must fancy that everything you have is a gift, and you the chosen, though you worked your tail off for every bit of it. ~ Robert Brault
72. Find a place where there’s joy, and the joy will burn out the pain. ~ Joseph Campbell
73. If you observe a really happy man you will find him building a boat, writing a symphony, educating his son, growing double dahlias in his garden, or looking for dinosaur eggs in the Gobi desert. He will not be searching for happiness as if it were a collar button that has rolled under the radiator. He will not be striving for it as a goal in itself. He will have become aware that he is happy in the course of living life twenty-four crowded hours of the day. ~ W. Beran Wolfe
74. You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life. ~ Albert Camus
75. Looking back on a happy life, one realizes that one was not happy all the time. ~ Robert Brault
76. Cheerfulness is as natural to the heart of a man in strong health, as color to his cheek; and wherever there is habitual gloom, there must be either bad air, unwholesome food, improperly severe labor, or erring habits of life. ~ John Ruskin
77. Happiness is excitement that has found a settling down place. But there is always a little corner that keeps flapping ar ound. ~ E.L. Konigsburg
78. Nobody really cares if you’re miserable, so you might as well be happy. ~ Cynthia Nelms
79. Happiness is always a by-product. It is probably a matter of temperament, and for anything I know it may be glandular. But it is not something that can be demanded from life, and if you are not happy you had better stop worrying about it and see what treasures you can pluck from your own brand of unhappiness. ~ Robertson Davies
80. Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true meaning of happiness or have gone stark raving mad. ~ Norm Papernick
81. Man is fond of counting his troubles, but he does not count his joys. If he counted them up as he ought to, he would see that every lot has enough happiness provided for it. ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky
82. People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they’re not on your road doesn’t mean they’ve gotten lost. ~ H. Jackson Brown
83. It’s pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness. Poverty and wealth have both failed. ~ Frank McKinney “Kin” Hubbard
84. Happiness and sadness run parallel to each other. When one takes a rest, the other one tends to take up the slack. ~ Hazelmarie Elliott (“Mattie”)
85. Often people attempt to live their lives backwards; they try to have more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want, so they will be happier. The way it actually works is the reverse. You must first be who you really are, then do what you need to do, in order to have what you want. ~ Margaret Young
86. Indeed, man wishes to be happy even when he so lives as to make happiness impossible. ~ St. Augustine
87. Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
88. Happiness is a direction, not a place. ~ Sydney J. Harris
89. Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important. ~ Janet Lane
90. A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery while on a detour. ~ Author Unknown
91. If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. ~ Dalai Lama
92. The art of living does not consist in preserving and clinging to a particular mode of happiness, but in allowing happiness to change its form without being disappointed by the change; happiness, like a child, must be allowed to grow up. ~ Charles L. Morgan
93. Happiness is a matter of one’s most ordinary and everyday mode of consciousness being busy and lively and unconcerned with self. ~ Iris Murdoch
94. Happiness is…usually attributed by adults to children, and by children to adults. ~ Thomas Szasz
95. When neither their property nor their honour is touched, the majority of men live content. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli
96. The greatest gift we give to someone who loves us is simply to be happy. ~ Robert Brault
97. You cannot always have happiness, but you can always give happiness. ~ Author Unknown
98. People always think that happiness is a faraway thing, something complicated and hard to get. Yet, what little things can make it up; a place of shelter when it rains – a cup of strong hot coffee when you’re blue; a book to read when you’re alone – just to be with someone you love. Those things make happiness.
100. To make a woman happy, give her these three things. Attention, Affection and Appreciation.
101. You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.
111. There’s always something you can do that will better your life, and make you happier. Get it done so you can be happier.
112. All you have to do is be yourself and live the story that no one else can live. The story of your own unique life. Be proud, be confident and most of all, be happy.
113. Happiness is a choice, you cannot choose what happens, but you can choose your reaction to it and be Happy.
114. For once in my life, I don’t have to try to be happy. When I’m with you, it just happens.
115. You don’t always need to be in a relationship to be happy.
116. You will never be happier than you expect. To change your happiness, change your expectation.
117. Laugh when you have one, smile when you have one, and play when you get one because you don’t know when you’ll have them again.
118. The greatest challenge in life is to discover yourself. The second greatest challenge is to be happy with what you deserve and what you have.
119. Sometimes life is completely complicated, but you decide to make it simple because you accept to be beautiful and it means that your choice is to be happy.
120. Real Winners find joy in being successful. And to be successful is to be happy.
121. Do more of what makes you happy, spend more time with who makes you smile. Worry not the person that doesn’t like you back…
122. Let people do what they need to do to make them happy, mind your business, and do what you need to do to make you happy.
123. Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind..
124. Happiness is always a by-product. You don’t make yourself happy by chasing happiness. You make yourself happy by being a good person.
125. Happiness is not in our circumstances, but in ourselves. It is not something we see, like a rainbow, or feel, like the heat of the fire, happiness is something we are.
Happy Life Quotes
126. As soon as you stop making everyone else responsible for your happiness, the happier you’ll be.
127. Most important thing in life is to be happy. Don’t stress over the little things and learn to believe in the positives. Remember that it is up to you. Don’t let others bring you down.
130. Nobody really cares if you’re miserable, so you might as well be happy.
131. You can either be yourself and accept criticism and be happy or you can be someone else and be accepted by everyone else and be sad.
132. Make your life exciting. Find out what gives you joy, makes your heart dance and do it.
133. Too many times in our lives we get too concerned with the things that we don’t have to appreciate, the things in life that we do have that make life the most beautiful. Think of all of the beauty that is still left around you and be happy.
134. I wanna be the reason behind your smile because surely you are the reason behind mine.
135. Happy people find a way to live with their problems, and miserable people let their problems stop them from living.
136. Don’t keep searching for happiness, stop and create one.
137. The biggest obstacle to our happiness is undervaluing what we have, and overvaluing what others have.
138. The best feeling in the world is realizing that you’re perfectly happy without the thing you thought you needed – Marxie
139. Being happy doesn’t mean you’re perfect. It just means you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections – K.B Indiana
140. If you think sunshine brings you happiness, then you haven’t danced in the rain. – Unknown
141. When I think of the last time somebody made me feel good.. the last time somebody made me really laugh… the last time somebody made me happy… I was with you.
142. You can not find true happiness if you do not open your heart to others.
143. If you love yourself PROVE IT by doing whatever it takes to make you happy with your life.
144. With the right person, you don’t have to work so hard to be happy. It just happens effortlessly.
145. No one is born happy but all of us are born with the ability to create happiness so today make other happy and flash your sweetest smile.
146. Let the life begin with a happy smile. Mark the end of sorrowful days. Lets yourself bloom life like a flower. Spreading happiness every where.
147. “A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.” – Herm Albright (1876 – 1944)
148. The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet.
149. When people want a pair of shoes they go and buy them not just any shoes. But exactly the kind they need. But when they want happiness they somehow expect to find it without spending a single moment to define what makes them happy.
150. Those who are happy understand that happiness is a commitment, not an achievement.
151. The most happy people are those who don’t expect anything from anyone. Because expectation always hurts.
152. The happiest people in life are the givers, not the receivers.
153. I call on people to be ‘obsessed citizens,’ forever questioning and asking for accountability. That’s the only chance we have today of a healthy and happy life – Ai Weiwei
154. A happy life is one spent in learning, earning, and yearning. – Lillian Gish
155. Building a successful company (or living a happy life, for that matter) is not about embracing someone else’s philosophy, but staying true to your own beliefs about the world and learning from the mistakes you make along the way. – Ben Parr
156. The state of New Jersey is really two places – terrible cities and wonderful suburbs. I live in the suburbs, the final battleground of the American dream, where people get married and have kids and try to scratch out a happy life for themselves. It’s very romantic in that way, but a bit naive. I like to play with that in my work – Harlan Coben
157. A happy wife is a happy life – Gavin Rossdale
158. I think it’s a question which particularly arises over women writers: whether it’s better to have a happy life or a good supply of tragic plots. – Wendy Cope
159. Often autism is portrayed in the media as a very negative condition, as something that prevents somebody from communicating or from socializing or from being able to have any kind of normal, happy life. – Daniel Tammet
160. What it meant to me: a happy life, of course, companionship, of course. A common objective, I think. – Denis Thatcher
161. They see me wheeling around in a beautiful gown, and they realize you can look elegant, and you can lead a happy life in a wheelchair. I know I’ve helped handicapped people because I’ve received many comments. – Anna Lee
162. If you look at the human condition today, not everyone is well fed, has access to good medical care, or the physical basis that provide for a healthy and a happy life. – Ralph Merkle
163. When you work too much, you are boring – that is possible. But to have a happy life, if you can do several things in the correct way, that is perfect. – Diego Della Valle
164. He who has learned to pray has learned the greatest secret of a holy and happy life. – William Law
165. I came from a very loving home, had a happy life with no great aspirations, but going to the seminary changed me. There was a chunk of my childhood missing. Once I’d realised it wasn’t for me, I still felt a tremendous pressure to continue for fear of letting everybody down. – Johnny Vegas
166. Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better to take things as they come along with patience and equanimity. – Carl Jung
167. Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking. – Marcus Aurelius
168. I never said I wanted a ‘happy’ life but an interesting one. From separation and loss, I have learned a lot. I have become strong and resilient, as is the case of almost every human being exposed to life and to the world. We don’t even know how strong we are until we are forced to bring that hidden strength forward. – Isabel Allende
169. I have had a happy life and thank the Lord. Goodbye and may God bless all! – Christopher McCandless
170. The destination is a happy life, an accomplished life that doesn’t end with death but with eternal life. – Angelo Scolast.
171. All of our technology is completely unnecessary to a happy life. – Tom Hodgkinson
171. A happy life is one which is in accordance with its own nature. – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
172. A solid sense of self will help a person to lead a full and happy life. – Kimberly Elise
173. Negative emotions like loneliness, envy, and guilt have an important role to play in a happy life; they’re big, flashing signs that something needs to change. – Gretchen Rubin
174. A happy life must be to a great extent a quiet life, for it is only in an atmosphere of quiet that true joy dare live. – Bertrand Russell
175. Lead the life that will make you kindly and friendly to everyone about you, and you will be surprised what a happy life you will lead. – Charles M. Schwab
176. I had a very simple, unremarkable and happy life. And I grew up in a very small town. And so my life was made up of, you know, in the morning going to the river to fetch water – no tap water, and no electricity – and, you know, bathing in the river, and then going to school, and playing soccer afterwards. – Ishmael Beah
177. I am hopeful that one day I will meet that right man and will have a very happy life partner. – Lara Giddings
178. We rarely find anyone who can say he has lived a happy life, and who, content with his life, can retire from the world like a satisfied guest. – Horace
179. Well, I don’t know that I’m okay any more than anyone else is okay, I lead a happy life and a very full one – I have a happy marriage and my kids are all cheerful, and no one is finding fault with me, personally. – L. Ron Hubbard
180. There is no cosmetic for beauty like happiness. – Lady Blessington
181. “Learn to value yourself, which means: fight for your happiness.” ― Ayn Rand
182. I think the key to life is just being a happy person, and happiness will bring you success. ~ Diego Val
183. Happiness is a by-product of an effort to make someone else happy. ~ Gretta Brooker Palmer
184. You cannot always have happiness, but you can always give happiness. ~ Author Unknown
185. If you want to be happy, be. ~ Leo Tolstoy
186. That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest. – Henry David Thoreau
187. No one in this world can dictate you where you can be happy, but only yourself because true happiness comes from within and not from anyone else.
188. Growth itself contains the germ of happiness. – Pearl S. Buck
189. Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. – Aristotle
190. If you want to be happy, be. – Leo Tolstoy
191. What we call the secret of happiness is no more a secret than our willingness to choose life. – Leo Buscaglia
192. Independence is happiness. – Susan B. Anthony
193. “People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be.” ― Abraham Lincoln
194. “Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.” ― John Lennon
195. “The most important thing is to enjoy your life—to be happy—it’s all that matters.” ― Audrey Hepburn
196. It’s pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness. Poverty and wealth have both failed. ~ Frank McKinney “Kin” Hubbard
197. “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” ― Marcel Proust
198. The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet. ~ James Openheim
199. “Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get” ― W.P. Kinsella
200. I can think of nothing less pleasurable than a life devoted to pleasure. – John D. Rockefeller
201. Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important. – Janet Lane
202. Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn’t know you left open. – John Barrymore
203. Happiness is not so much in having as sharing. We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.- Norman MacEwan
204. A great obstacle to happiness is to expect too much happiness.- Bernard Fontenelle
205. Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. – Marcel Proust
206. The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. – Thomas Jefferson
207. Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you. ~ Nathaniel Hawthorne
208. My crown is called content, a crown that seldom kings enjoy. – William Shakespeare
209. There is no cosmetic for beauty like happiness. – Lady Blessington
210. Happiness is never stopping to think if you are. – Palmer Sondreal
211. Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination. – Mark Twain
212. Unhappiness is best defined as the difference between our talents and our expectations. – Edward Bono
213. But what is happiness except the simple harmony between a man and the life he leads? – Albert Camus
214. Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory. – Albert Schweitzer
215. Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action. – Benjamin Disraeli
216. Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city. – George Burns
217. All seasons are beautiful for the person who carries happiness within. – Horace Friess
You Make Me Happy Quotes
218. You make me happy, You make whole, You take the pain away. I’m so in love with you
219. Would actually give anything to be with you, you make me happy.
220. I love the way you make me happy and the ways you show your care. I love the way you say I love you and the way you’re always there.
221. You make me happy, whether you know it or not.
222. You’re the reason I haven’t lost my mind by now, you make me happy and you were always there for me hands down.
223. You make me happy when skies are gray.
224. You make me happy, everyday, every time. My best friend and lover at the same time, love you so.
225. Baby, you’re so hero in my heart and you make me happy right now.
226. You make me happy, so don’t leave.
227. You make me happy, you are my inspiration, my life, my joy, my everything.
228. You make me happy, this you can bet. You stay right beside me…before I let go.
229. You make me happy whether you know it or not I am so happy knowing you are the one that ill love for the rest of my days.
230. You make me happy, just didn’t realize how hard it could be when I don’t see you.
231. No one can make me smile as you can, you make me happy. You’re special and I love you so much, you’re my everything boo.
232. You make me happy, so happy I’m gonna scream it out of my window!
233. You make me happy every single day we talk to each other.
234. You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. you make me happy when skies are gray. You’ll never know dear how much I love you.
150 Happy Birthday Quotes For your Friends
250 Best Love Quotes For Your Man
40 Random Questions you can ask Anybody
Over 150 Dirty Newlywed Questions and Answers
100+ Funny Would You Rather Questions
200 Fun Trivia Questions and Answers