Opay USSD Code or transfer code is *955#. This code is used for easy banking, including cash transfers, and airtime purchases. Alternatively, you can use the Opay mobile app to perform your various bank transactions.
Now one of the top digital banking apps in Nigeria, Opay is used by many Nigerians for their everyday transactions. It is fast for transfers, and cashback, and it’s commonly used by POS agents. Opay made it super easy for customers to transfer money, buy airtime and data, pay bills, and do all banking transactions with ease using the Opay USSD code. Here is a breakdown of how you can use the Opay USSD code for your basic transactions.
What Is Opay USSD Code?
Opay USSD code is *955#. It is a unique short code that is designed for customers to perform banking transactions, including money transfers, airtime, data purchase, making withdrawals, account creation, funding other accounts, account creation, and so on.
The Chinese-backed fintech startup launched its own USSD code in 2019 to ease its customers’ daily transaction stress. It also means that as its customer, you can enjoy the services of OPay regardless of whether you have internet or not. This code also works on all phone types but to effectively use it, there are rules and guidelines customers must follow. They include:
- You must have an active Opay account
- Ensure you dial the code on the phone number, SIM, or line connected to your Opay account.
- Have an Airtel, MTN, Glo and 9mobile sim card as Opay USSD code only works on these mobile networks.
Note: You can not change your Opay personal account number from the app, you can only do this using the Opay merchant app which you can download the app from Google Play Store.
How to Create an Opay Account
If you don’t have an Opay account and wish to create, sign up, register, and open a new Opay account for yourself, here’s how you can go about it using the Opay USSD code;
- Dial *955# on your phone
- Select the option to create an account
- Enter your first and last name
- Proceed to Setup 6 digits login pin
- Verify your account by entering the OTP sent to your phone.
- Congratulations as you now have an OPay account
How To Activate Opay USSD Code
To activate the Opay USSD code, you must first have an active Opay account or you can create one using the guidelines given above. Simply dial the official *955#on your mobile phone that is linked to your Opay account and follow the on-screen prompts to select the service that suits you.
Just in case you forgot your registered number with Opay, your Opay Account Number comprises the 10 digits of your phone number making the first 0 absent. Once you have successfully activated the USSD code on your phone, then you are free to make your daily bank transactions.
Here Are The Things You Can do with the new USSD Code-*955#
- Send money: If you want to send money to another Opay Account or any local bank account.
- Buy airtime: If you want to buy airtime for yourself or on another number (any network)
- Deposit money: If you want to deposit money into your Opay account
- Change pin: If you want to change your transaction Pin
- Help: if you need the Opay service help.
How to Transfer Money from Opay to a Bank Account
Transferring money from your Opay wallet to another bank account is quite possible using both the Opay app and the Opay shortcode. Of course, using the latter attracts no data charges and it is fast to accomplish.
To transfer or send money to other local bank accounts using the Opay USSD code, here are the steps you must follow:
- Dial *955# using your Opay registered phone number,
- Select the option for “Transfer”
- Select option 2 to transfer to another bank and type the recipient’s account number
- Select the bank (eg Access, GT Bank, or First Bank)
- Type how much you want to transfer
- Confirm your transaction by providing your Opay Security Pin
Alternatively, you can simply dial *955*2*Amount*Recipient’s Account Number#, select the bank, and enter your Opay Pin to authorise the transfer.
For example, to transfer 5000 to 3022220242, First Bank, using the Opay transfer code, simply dial *955*2*5000*30222202242#, then select First Bank, and enter your PIN.
How to Transfer Money to Opay Account
To fund your Opay wallet using USSD, simply dial *955#, select the “Add Money” option, and then follow the prompts. You can also withdraw money from your Opay account using the *955# code. Follow the guidelines below:
- Dial *955#
- Select the “Withdraw” option
- Enter the Opay POS agent’s phone number
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw
- Then, enter your security pin to make a withdrawal
How to Transfer from GTB to Opay Account
The transfer code for GT bank is *737# You can easily fund your Opay wallet from your GTB account. Here are the steps you must follow:
- Dial *737*22#
- Select mobile money
- Enter the amount you want to transfer to your Opay wallet
- Enter your OPay Account No (Phone Number)
- Select OPay
- Enter your GT Bank mobile USSD PIN to complete the transaction
How to Transfer Money from First Bank to Opay Account
Transferring money from a First bank account to an Opay account can be quite challenging, especially if you do not know the right USSD code to use. But you can achieve your aim with the following steps below
- Open your Opay app and log in to your account with your user details.
- Click on the “Add Money” button.
- Select the “Bank USSD” option.
- Select First Bank as your preferred bank.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer and select next.
- Copy the USSD code that appears on your screen.
- Paste the code in your phone dialer and dial.
- Confirm the name, and enter your bank transaction pin.
Opay USSD Code for Balance
Opay’s *955* code is also relevant for checking your wallet balance. To check your Opay balance:
- Simply dial *955*0# using the phone number registered with your Opay account,
- Select “My Balance” as your on-screen option,
- Enter your Opay 4-digit security PIN,
- Your Opay account balance will be displayed on your screen.
Opay USSD Code for OTP
*955*010# is the USSD code to receive an Opay one-time password (OTP). The Opay OTP is used for security purposes. It helps to safeguard your account from unauthorized transactions. Upon your request, Opay sends an OTP to your registered phone number, asking you to authorize the transactions you were about to make.
Opay USSD Code for MTN
The USSD code to buy airtime or data on your MTN mobile network from your Opay wallet is still the *955# code. To recharge your MTN line through your Opay wallet, here are the steps you can follow
- Dial *955#
- Select the option for “Airtime”
- Select or enter the phone number you want to recharge.
- Select the airtime amount you want to buy.
- Enter your Opay pin to authorize the transaction.
Note: This process can be applied on other networks provided that the lines are linked to your Opay account.
Opay Loan USSD Code
In many cases, Opay offers loan services through their *955# USSD code, allowing eligible users to apply for loans and receive funds directly to their Opay accounts. However, to access these loans you must meet their loan requirements.
To access the Opay Okash, here are the requirements:
- You must be a Nigerian citizen.
- You must have a registered Opay account.
- You must have a valid Bank Verification Number (BVN).
- You must have a valid means of identification (e.g., National ID card, driver’s license or international passport). Either will do.
If you meet the Okash requirements, these steps will then help you use the Opay USSD code to access Opay loans.
- Dial *955# using the phone number you used to register with your Opay account.
- Select the option that says “loan”.
- Follow the prompt and apply for a loan.
- Get your loan disbursed into your account.
Note: The daily interest rate for Opay loans is between 0.1% to 1%, while the annual interest rate is between 36.5% and 360%. Apart from this, you will have to pay an origination fee with your loan ranging from
N1299 to N6000. The duration of the loan is 91 days for the shortest tenure and 365 days for the longest tenure.