One of Nigeria’s own, Chelsea Football Club Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, is definitely living life to the fullest. Wow!! What a luxurious lifestyle.
Gone are those days when parents always scold their kids for playing football, these days parents buy the football themselves, some even go the extra mile by giving their kids names like Mikel, Kanu, Okocha, etc just to encourage them to become great footballers someday.
Am going to take you briefly into the world of John Mikel Obi, what a wonderful world he has. As a young man, he has made so much money and got so much fame. Just have a look at Mikel Obi’s mansion in London.
For those who do not know who Mikel Obi is or where he’s from, Mikel Obi or John Mikel Obi is a Nigerian professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for famous English club Chelsea.
Born in Jos, Nigeria, on April 22, 1987, John Michael Nchekwube Obinna also plays for the Nigerian national team, the Super Eagles, and does not only make a lot of cash playing football but also from his endorsements like Pepsi and Samsung.
In 2017, the footballer’s name was mentioned as one of the richest Nigerian footballers with a net worth of more than $25 million with a speculates annual salary of about 110, 000.
The successful Nigerian footballer does not only own a huge mansion in London, he also has real estate in some most developed parts of Nigerian regions such as Jos, Abuja, and Lagos. In fact, his house in Lekki and Jos have become top news on the web. From the sitting room to the bedroom down to the kitchen is well furnished, indeed money is good.
He does not only have taste for good homes. He also has eyes for good cars. Below are some of the most expensive cars in his garage:
2010 Bentley Continental GT. Price $180,000
Range Rover Sport valued $60, 895
2012 Mercedes Benz E-Class valued at $75, 000
Mikel is still in a relationship with his long-time Russian girlfriend Olga Dyachenko who he met in London where her millionaire father runs a chain of businesses. Olga is a model, businesswoman and a graduate of the European Business School in London. She is also one of the founders of the fashion brand “Allegra de Lago”.
Despite all criticisms against their union based on the colour of their skin and their cultural differences, among other issues raised by critics, the couple claim to be bound by a strong feeling of love.
Giving details of how they first met, Olga said she met Mikel at her parents’ house many years before they decided to give themselves a trial.
“Five years ago today you walked into my parents’ house and into my life. A year later on that exact day, we went on our first date, you are persistent @mikel_john_obi. I am so lucky to share my life with you and our precious little peanuts…” Olga posted on her Instagram page on March 29, 2017. On September 14, 2015, the pair welcomed their first two lovely babies named Mia and Ava.
Other Facts About John Mikel Obi
- Mikel isn’t his real name. Ahe adopted the new name in 2003, ahead of the 2003 FIFA Under-17 World Championships when the then Nigerian Football Association (NFA) mistakenly submitted his name as Mikel instead of Michael, and at the competition in Finland he was referred to as such, and he decided to keep the name.
- He made his debut for the Nigeria senior team on 17 August 2005, when he came on as a second-half substitute in a 1–0 friendly win over Libya.
- At the age of 18, Mikel was a hot bone of contention between two well-known football team- Manchester United and Chelsea. He later decided to join the Chelsea football club from Norwegian side Lyn Oslo in 2006.
- In 2013, the Super Eagles of Nigeria won the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) and Mikel was featured as one of the stars of the tournament alongside teammates Vincent Enyeama, Efe Ambrose, Victor Moses and Emmanuel Emenike.
- He made his FIFA World Cup debut in 2014 during the tournament in Brazil, earning a man of the match award in the Super Eagles’ opening game against Iran and helping the team to reach the knockout stage for the first time since 1998.
Here is a list of Mikel Obi’s awards/ titles won
Premier League (2): 2009–10, 2014–15
FA Cup (4): 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10, 2011–12
League Cup (2): 2006–07, 2014-15
FA Community Shield (1): 2009
UEFA Champions League (1): 2011–12
UEFA Europa League (1): 2012–13
Africa Cup of Nations (1): 2013
U-20 World Cup Silver football 2005
African Young Player of the Year: 2005, 2006
Chelsea Young Player of the Year: 2007, 2008.