The 6th Edition of the 2016 African Achievers Awards which took place at the International Conference Centre, Abuja, honoured industrious African Heroes.
Recognised as the most prestigious honour for industrious African Heroes and hosted for the past six years, Ambassadors, High Commissioners, Distinguished Policy Makers, Entertainers and Entrepreneurs were among over 1000 guests from across but not limited to Africa who attended the glamorous event.
Wale Adenuga, Chairman of Wale Adenuga Productions (WAP) Ltd., Sinach, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation were among those honoured at the event.
A night coupled with glamour and display of Elegant African Fashion on the Red Carpet, saw how Africa was truly represented and celebrated by both the young and old as they arrived to witness the merriment with Africans who have set the pace for the smooth development of Africa.
Themed: “Securing a Stable Energy Future for Africa” and hosted by Africa’s Legendary Comedian Ali Baba, Solange Yuika and Andre Blaze, the awards ceremony kicked off with performances from various Pan-African Cultural Troupes with an intriguing Keynote Address by Cllr. Susan Fajana Thomas, former Mayor of London Hackney.
All Awards Winners include;
- SINACH (Award for Global Excellence),
- FADUMO DAYIB (African Woman of the Year),
- HON. HABSANA JALLOW (African Young Achiever of the Year),
- H.E. LORDINA MAHAMA (Award for Women Empowerment),
- SENATOR RABIU KWANKWASO,
- PROF. SULEMAN ELIAS BOGORO,
- WALE ADENUGA (Best African TV Producer),
- HON THAPELO OLOPENG,
- DR. JOSEPH SIAW AGYEPONG (Award for Business Innovation),
- MS ANGELLE KWEMO (African Change Maker of the Year),
- AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK (Organization Of The Year),
- HON. SAKAJA JOHNSON (African Change Maker Of The Year),
- BILL AND MELINDA GATES FOUNDATION (Africa Impact Award),
- DR. MATTHEWS PHOSA (Award For Excellence In Leadership),
- JOSEPH FITZGERALD KAMARA (Award For Excellence In Leadership),
- CHIEF (BARR.) DUMO LULU-BRIGGS (Humanitarian Award For Excellence),
- MRS. TITI HORSFALL (Africa Literature Prize),
- YVONNE NDEGE, (African Journalist Of The Year),
- AID PREVENTIVE INITIATIVE IN NIGERIA (Humanitarian Awards),
- GENESIS ENERGY (Organization Making A Difference In Africa),
- DR & DR MRS SANDRA NWOGU (African Social Impact Award),
- NISA PREMIER HOSPITAL (Healthcare Organization Of The Year),
- PHATS2 (Organization Making A Difference In Africa),
- MISS HERITAGE GLOBAL PAGEANT, SOUTH AFRICA (Award For Global Excellence),
- VOGUE PAY (Award For African Online Payment Platform).
Others who received special recognition awards for their individual contributions towards Africa include;
- Amb. Sylvia Tettey Tamakloe,
- Isaac Balami,
- Richard Mofe Damijo and
- Senator Babafemi Ojudu.
African Achievers Awards is produced, managed and maintained by the Institute of leadership and Management (a West African Leading Leadership Institute) and Achievers Media.
Since the First Edition took place in 2011 in London, the African Achievers Awards (AAA) has been consistent in honouring great African Achievers in diverse fields.
Some of which include Jakaya Kikwete, the then President of Tanzania; Arch Bishop Desmond Tutu, South African social rights activist and retired Anglican bishop; Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN), former Governor of Lagos State and current Minister of Power, Works and Housing; Lulu Louis Mnguni, South Africa’s High Commissioner to Nigeria; Dr. Nkosazana Dlamini Zuma, Chairperson of African Union; Ali Baba, A-List Nigerian Comedian; Joyce Banda, former President of Malawi; and many others.