Tracking your Western Union money online is not as complicated as you think it is. But all the same, we are here to give you the simple guide to track your Western Union Money transactions.
Whenever you transfer money via Western Union, a receipt will be issued to you that contains a unique tracking number (MTCN) – it’s a 10-digit number assigned to every money transactions you make via Western Union.
The global corporation offers the ability to easily track the status of a money transfer through the MTCN. But before we delve into the step by step guide, let’s find out more about Western Union.
What is Western Union?
Western Union (WU) is an American financial service and communications company, that has been in the financial hub for 165 years and it a means through which customers can send money to up to 200 countries in 130 currencies with more than 550,000 agent locations and 150,000 ATMs. They boast of being the most reliable medium to send money globally at a faster rate. Now let’s look at how to track your western union transfer.
How To Track Your Western Union Money Online
To track your Western Union money online the following steps will guide you:
1. Visit Western Union Portal for Nigeria or that of the international on their official website.
2. Enter the necessary details on the available spaces in the online form, including your unique tracking number (MTCN), which is a 10-digit number assigned to every transaction of funds you make with WU.
3. After you’ve filled in the correct details click on “Track Transfer” and the information you seek about your money transfer will appear on the screen.
How to Track your Western Union Transfer without MTCN
In case you can’t access your MTCN, here’s how to track your money:
1. When you get to the “Track a Transfer” menu, simply select “Don’t know the MTCN”. Another “Track a Transfer” menu will open up where you’ll have the option of choosing from two variants:
- Tracking with a phone number or
- Tracking with a name.
Each of these variants offers spaces where you can provide information as follows:
Variant #1: Tracking with a phone number
- Sender`s phone number;
- Receiver’s country;
- Amount sent/received.
Variant #2: Tracking with a name
- Sender’s first name
- Sender’s last name
- Recipient’s first name
- Recipient’s last name
- Recipient’s country
- Amount sent/received.
Once the correct information is provided, the details of your transactions or payment will appear on your screen.
To obtain better results with both of the aforementioned variants, ensure that you enter the Date of Transfer in the indicated spaces at the bottom of the Track a Transfer page. If the option is not available for you, then click on the + sign close to the add transfer date option provided.
Western Union also makes it clear that the following cannot be tracked on the page:
- Money orders,
- Prepaid cards,
- Gift cards and
- Online FX payments.
How To Track Your Western Union Money Orders
However, you can track your money transfer by contacting customer care providers on the hotline below:
1. Call 1-800-999-9660.
2. Enter the 11-digit number on your Money Order Receipt with the pound/hashtag sign #. The number is located above the barcode.
3. Type in the dollars and cents and then the pound/hashtag sign.
4. You will receive the date the Money Order was cashed.
To track Bill Payment with Western Union
1. Click on the Bill Payment tab on the Track a Transfer page.
2. You will need to enter the sender’s country, phone number and the amount to track the payment.
3. You’ll be asked to provide the transfer data for better results.
Furthermore, you can easily track your transfers with the company using their app, which is available on IOS and Android.
How to Estimate Western Union Transfer using its Estimator
The estimator enables you to check how much money you’re sending in US Dollars at WU exchange rate by using the WU Currency Converter tool. To get the fees charged on the transaction, you can use the WU Estimator tool.
How to Send Money Through Western Union
To send money through Western Union Online,
1. Visit the website
2. Click estimate price
3. Enter the amount you wish to send, the country and the zip code of the city you are sending the fund to.
4. Choose any of the options on how you wish to proceed –
- Send Online,
- Send in Person,
- Send with Phone or Use Mobile App.
5. Choose your payment method, either Credit/Debit card or bank account.
6. Follow the instructions on the screen and send your money.