The University of Ibadan (UI) was established in 1949 as the very first university in Nigeria. It was a College of the University of London before it became an independent institution in 1962.
Originally offering academic programmes in Arts, Science and Medicine, the University of Ibadan is currently a citadel of learning. They offer academic programmes in 16 Faculties and has accommodated and trained thousands of graduates and postgraduates.
Notable alumni of the University of Ibadan include Chinua Achebe, Wole Soyinka, Christopher Okigbo, Emeka Anyaoku, and Kole Omotosho.
University of Ibadan Faculties and Courses
UI offers its academic programmes in 16 faculties including:
- Science, Basic Medical Sciences
- Clinical Sciences
- The Social Sciences
- Veterinary Medicine
- Public Health
- Renewable Natural Resources
- Environmental Design
List of Available Courses in UI
College of Medicine
- Medicine & Surgery
- Human Nutrition
- Nursing Science
Faculty of Agriculture & Forestry
- Fisheries and Wildlife Management
- Forestry Resources Management
Faculty of Arts
- Arabic Language & Literature
- Islamic Studies
- Archaeology Combined (Archaeology with History, Archaeology with Classics, and Archaeology with Religious Studies)
- Religious Studies
- Communication & Language Arts
- Linguistics and African Studies (Linguistics, Yoruba, and Igbo)
- English Language & Literature
- European Studies (French, Russian, and German)
- Theatre Arts
Faculty of Law
- Veterinary Medicine
- Agricultural & Environmental Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Industrial Production Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Food Technology
- Wood Products Engineering
The Social Sciences
- Political Science
- Adult Education
- Educational Management
- Teacher Education (Arts, Social Sciences, Science, and Pre-Primary Education)
- Special Education
- Human Kinetics
- Health Education
- Guidance & Counselling
- Library Studies
Faculty of Science
- Archaeology Single Honours
- Archaeology Combined (With Geology, Geography, Zoology, or Botany)
- Industrial Chemistry
- Computer Science
Admission and Students Portal Information
For a student to be admitted into the University of Ibadan, he/she must have chosen the school during JAMB registration. Also, your JAMB cut off mark should be up to 180 points and above for you to stand a greater chance of gaining admission into UI. This is so as selections of candidates are made base on who scores the highest point.
Meanwhile, the University Matriculation Examination (U.M.E.) minimum mark is 200. Therefore, it is safer to get above the cutoff mark in order to compete squarely. The admission portal is open for Undergraduates Studies, Postgraduates Studies, and Distance Learning Centre.
Portal Login for Newly Admitted Students
1. Your Username is your Jamb Registration Number eg 33333333UI.
2. Your Password is your Surname at first login eg Ayoade. Don’t use a hyphen in your compound names.
3. In case you forgot your password Click here to reset the password. Otherwise, click Sign In
4. Select My preference
5. Update your personal data by selecting click here to edit personal data
6. Then click on update.
University of Ibadan School Fees
You can pay your school fees through…
- Internet Banking
- ATM Card payment
- Making payments at the assigned Bank
How To Pay Your Fees
1. Log in to the portal account you created with the school
2. The portal opens with the default Fee Payment page in view.
3. Click on Pay Your Fees at the top right corner of that page.
4. Select the fee type by checking the tab against your preferred fee type, click on Add Selected Items to my Fees List and then click on proceed.
5. Once page refreshes, check the box against Remita and click Post Now.
6. Your fee statement would appear, copy out the Reference Number.
7. Click Proceed to gateway and wait for the page to refresh.
8. The page refreshes with the Remita Platform and all the payment modes can be seen.
9. If you choose any of the school fees payment mode – Internet Banking or Card payment, you can proceed by clicking on your respective bank and then make the payment.
10. If you choose to Pay at the Bank you should write down the Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) and take it to any of the designated banks. With the RRR number, the bank will pay the fees on your behalf.
11. After that, return to the portal and register/submit your semester/session courses to your Faculty Officers not later than the Closing date as indicated for registration.