Union Bank Nigeria is the commercial bank with branch offices located in all states across the nation with an asset base estimated at NGN1.381 trillion ($4.1 billion).
Like many other banks around the world, Union Bank Nigeria serve both individuals, small and medium-sized companies, large corporations and organizations. As the 556th largest bank in the world and the 14th largest bank in Africa, Union Bank Nigeria has joined the reigning internet banking to enable its customers to transfer funds online, anywhere, any time at their convenience.
But to do that, you have to be on the know, which is what we are here for. Before we crack down on the details, let’s find out what services Union Bank’s Online Banking system can accommodate.
Union Online Banking
With Union Online, you can get 24/7 services from Union Bank as follows:
- Transfer money
- Pay bills
- Check account balance
- Get statements
- Review transaction history
- Set up standing orders/instructions
The online transaction with Union Bank can be conducted either via,
- UnionMobile or
- Debit Cards.
The Union Bank Mobile banking is like keeping tabs on your account while on the go. All you need is your smartphone or mobile device to enjoy a fast, safe and convenient transactions anywhere.
With an internet-enabled smartphone or mobile, you can use UnionMobile to:
- Open an account
- Send and receive money
- Pay bills
- Check account balance
- Buy airtime
- Get insurance
However, to carry out any of the aforementioned transactions, your mobile phone number must be the same with the one you used to open an account with Union Bank.
It is an established trend to have an ATM card with your bank when you open an account. Otherwise, you can apply to get it at any Union Bank branch near your location.
The debit cards are available on MasterCard and Verve. With Union Bank MasterCard you can do the following:
- Withdraw cash 24/7 worldwide
- Shop at over 30 million merchants in 210 countries
- Process transactions and payments on the web
The Union Bank debit card can either be a Verve care or a MasterCard. The distinctive difference is that the former is for local transactions, while the latter can make transactions both locally and internationally.
Union Bank Nigeria Internet Banking Services
Now that we are clear of what internet banking is all about, let’s find out how to start using it. But to start, you need to,
- apply for the internet service at the bank
- then go online and activate your account.
How to Apply for Union Bank Internet Service
1. Visit the closest office and request for online banking at the customer service.
2. Fill out the request form that will be given to you, with the required information such as your name, mobile number, address, desired username, etc.
3. Set a limit on the amount on your internet transaction, eg N1,000,000.
4. Submit the form to the customer service desk and wait for it to be processed.
5. After a short while, you will receive an SMS alert on your mobile, containing your default password.
6. Then you’re done with the application and set to move to activation stage.
How to Active your Union Bank Internet Banking
1. Visit the Union Bank Nigeria website
2. Click on the Internet Banking tab on the menu
3. Once you navigate to Welcome to UnionOnline, type the username you chose and the default password sent to your phone, on the space provided.
4. Click the button to generate your activation code to receive it on your phone.
5. Fill in the numeric code.
6. Enter the new password you choose
6. Re-enter the new password and click on the change password button. You will be notified the password has been changed successfully.
7. Choose a token delivery option options (sms, email or both)
8. Then create a security word for authorizing your transactions or transfers.
With all the above in place, you are free to make intra-bank and inter-bank transfers; make international transactions; check your linked debit card transactions, etc, and all are free of any charges.
Union Bank USSD Transfer Codes
This can simply be done on any mobile phone and with the number you used to register with the bank.
To transfer money from your Union Bank Account to other Banks in Nigeria, just dial *389*038# on your mobile phone and follow the on-screen instruction. Done!
Other Details About Union Bank Nigeria
The bank recently introduced a Robotic Process Automation (RPA) to ease routine banking operations especially that of cash dispense errors occasionally made by Automated Teller Machines (ATMs).
Union Bank has Smarter Banking Centers which they intend to spread across Nigeria. These centers offer diverse services which include live video chat with the banks’ customer care representatives, 24hr self-service banking, automated self-service account opening, to mention a few. The first set of centers are located at:
- E-centre in Yaba, Lagos,
- MMA2 Airport in Lagos and
- Silverbird Galleria in Abuja