UBA transfer code is a combination of numbers used for transactions with mobile phones. It is a form of mobile banking. The banking system is becoming less stressful by the day, and with transfer codes, transactions can be carried out anywhere, anytime, any day. Being one of the largest banks in Africa, UBA has continued to keep track of the trends.
Founded in 1949, United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc is a mega financial services company with offices in over 20 African countries and beyond. The Pan-African bank is also situated in New York, Paris, and London. With its headquarters in Lagos State, Nigeria, the bank began operation in 1949, under the name – the British and French Bank Limited (BFB).
Today, the bank has over 4,000 staff and offers a variety of lifestyle products and services. Some of its products include but are not limited to Wholesale banking, trade, savings accounts, mobile banking, consumer banking, investment banking, current accounts, treasury, and many more.
What Is the UBA Transfer Code?
There is no doubt that most customers in this age and time prefer electronic payment systems to traditional banking services. Apart from the fact that the former saves time, it’s been confirmed to also control expenses, be user-friendly, have low commissions, minimize theft or loss, and above all, to be very convenient.
The UBA transfer code is a set of number combinations used to transfer money from one UBA account to another and from UBA to other banks. To use the USSD mobile banking code, you need a mobile phone and a registered SIM card. With the transfer code, you don’t need an internet connection or a smartphone; any phone can serve.
The United Bank for Africa’s USSD code is *919#. With it, customers can do many things such as buy airtime, bills payment, transfer funds from one bank to another, open UBA accounts, and access a mini statement.
To transfer money from your UBA account to another UBA account, the code to use is *919*3*account number*amount#. At the same time, the code for transferring money from UBA to UBA Prepaid card is *919*32#. More so, to transfer money from a UBA account to other bank accounts, the code to use is *919*4*account number*amount#. To start enjoying these features, you have to activate the USSD code first and create a PIN that will be used for transactions.
How To Activate UBA Transfer Code
To activate the UBA transfer code, you have to dial *919# and follow the on-screen instructions. The requirements for this include a mobile phone, the phone number that is registered with the UBA account, your ATM/Debit card, and account number. Follow the following steps to activate your UBA USSD transfer code.
- Dial *919# on your mobile phone with your registered phone number.
- Choose the eighth option, which says Next.
- On the next page, select the fifth option, Cardless Withdrawal.
- Choose the first option on the next page; Sign up.
- It will present you with two options, Prepaid with PIN and Account with PIN.
- Choose the one that applies to you
- In the next stage, enter your UBA account number
- Input the last four digits of your ATM/debit card
- Then create a PIN that will be used for mobile transactions only. Make sure it is a number combination you can easily remember.
- Confirm the PIN and send. Then you have successfully activated your UBA USSD transfer code.
You can also activate your transfer code without an ATM card. All you need is your account number and a token (Secure Pass) generated from the bank. In this case, you have to visit the UBA branch for activation.
How To Create UBA Transfer PIN
Your Personal Identification Number (PIN) is a set of number combinations that allows you to perform mobile banking transactions. Your PIN is very private and should not be revealed to anyone. The PIN creation is contained in the activation process. Moreover, you can reset your PIN anytime you feel it has been exposed for security reasons. For your PIN reset, do the following;
- Dial *919#
- Select 8 – Next
- On the next page, select 7 – Next
- Then select 5 – PIN setup
- Then select either Reset PIN using account number or Reset PIN using a prepaid card.
- If the account number, enter your account number on the next page
- If prepaid card, enter the details on the next page
- Provide the old PIN and the new PIN
- Then follow the instructions to the last for you to successfully reset your PIN.
Is There a UBA Transfer Code to Another Bank?
Yes, there is a transfer code to be used when you want to transfer to another bank. Since the transfer code is a combination of numbers, there are also some numbers to combine to transfer money from UBA to another bank. The simple shortcode to dial is *919*4# and follow the prompt, or *919*4*account number*amount#. You can also dial *919# and select the fourth option that says Transfer-other banks and follow the prompt.
How to Use UBA Transfer Code
To Transfer from UBA to Another UBA Account
- Dial *919#
- Select 3 – Transfer-UBA
- If you have not registered, you will be prompted to sign up; if you have registered, then continue the transaction.
- Input the beneficiary account number
- Enter the amount you would like to transfer
- Enter your transfer PIN and confirm the transaction.
- You will receive a success message if the transfer is successful.
To Transfer from UBA to other Banks
- Dial *919#
- Select 4 – Transfer-other
- Select the bank
- Input the account number
- Enter the amount
- Validate the transaction with your PIN
- The transaction is successful.
If you want to transfer money from UBA to a microfinance bank and other related banks and a UBA Prepaid account, simply dial *919# and follow the instructions.
Can You Use UBA Transfer Code Without ATM Card?
The UBA transfer code can be used without an ATM card. An ATM card is required just for the activation of the code. In subsequent transactions, you do not need your ATM card, ATM PIN, or anything related to the ATM. All you need to perform transactions with the UBA transfer code is the 4-digit PIN created in the activation stage. An exception maybe when you want to transfer a large sum of money; you will need to provide extra information concerning your ATM card.
Reasons Why You Should Activate UBA Transfer Code
There are so many benefits and reasons for using the UBA transfer code. Some of the reasons include;
- You don’t need a data connection to use it.
- You also don’t need to have airtime on your mobile phone before using the code.
- The UBA transfer code works on every phone, whether smartphone or ordinary mobile phone.
- The code can be used on any mobile network like MTN, Glo, Airtel, or 9mobile.
- You can efficiently perform banking transactions at your convenience.
- The code is safe, stable, and clear.
- In case of emergency, you can perform banking transactions without visiting the bank branch.
Like there are advantages of using the transfer code, there are also disadvantages. You should guard your transfer PIN and other sensitive information carefully and don’t reveal it to anyone over the phone for any reason. Hackers and fraudsters are everywhere looking for vulnerable ones to scam. For this reason, do not save your PIN, account number, BVN, and other important information on your mobile phone in case of Hackers and phone loss.
Other FAQs about UBA Transfer Codes
There are other questions people ask about the UBA transfer codes; here are some of them.
- How can I change my transfer PIN?
You can change the PIN by dialing the USSD code and following the instructions under the PIN setup.
- What if I forgot my old PIN, how can I reset my PIN?
If you forgot your old PIN, you must visit the UBA branch near you and lay your complaints. The branch customer care will help you reset your PIN.
- What is the UBA daily transfer limit with USSD?
The transfer limit for PIN is N20,000 per transaction daily, and for token without indemnity is N1 million per transaction daily. The airtime purchase limit is N5,000 per day.
- Can I register for the USSD with my prepaid card and account?
No, you can only register with either your account or prepaid card.
- Do I need airtime to use the USSD code service?
No, you don’t need to have airtime before using the service. But other USSD charges apply, which you have to accept before continuing with any transaction.