Tagbo Umeike: Davido’s Friend Finally Laid To Rest


Davido’s friend, Tagbo Umeike who died on October 3rd, 2017, was finally laid to rest on Friday, October 20, 2017, in  his family compound at Osumenyi in Nnewi South LGA of Anambra State.

Tagbo died of Suffocation after partying with Davido and his other friends at Shisha Lounge in Lekki.


Tagbo’s brother, Chigbo, however, said Davido did not attend the burial ceremony of his late friend neither did he send a representative but that at this point the family have no comment on that.

Also See: Caroline Danjuma Reveals True Relationship With Tagbo

“I would miss my brother a lot because he had a big heart. He was not only my brother but a lot of people’s brother as well.

“Through my late brother, I have made a lot of friends turned brother and despite his death, I hope to still keep these wonderful people as my brothers,” he said.

Tagbo Umeike died under a mysterious circumstance for which Nigeria popular singer Davido was accused of having a hand in his death.

There were rumours that Mr. Umeike died of alcohol poisoning after his birthday party at Shisha Lounge in Lekki, Lagos on October 2, but autopsy report later revealed he died of Suffocation.

The rumours became rife when Tagbo’s girlfriend and actress, Caroline Danjuma, accused Davido of not being truthful about what transpired on the night of Mr. Umeike’s death.

According to her, the singer of dumping Tagbo’s  body at a General Hospital in Lagos after he allegedly died in his (Davido’s) car.

The singer, however, denied the claims releasing official statement and videos, detailing the circumstances surrounding the unfortunate death of his friend, Tagbo Umeike, to further prove his innocence.

After a tumultuous three weeks, Davido’s lawyer, Bobo Ajudua, said the singer has been cleared of all allegations of murder or involvement in the mysterious death of Mr. Umeike.

Also See: The Warm Relationship Between Dangote And Davido

Mr. Ajudua said Davido was released by the police and was absolved of murder allegations against him, and is free to go about his business as he pleases.

“We’ve been to Panti and my client has given a statement there too. It’s clear from all the investigation, evidence, and statements given so far that David was not at any point with the deceased after he left him alive at Shisha room and as such he’s been released to go about his business.

“Of course if called on to give any more information he would gladly, but in truth, he only knew so much about the night and has reproduced this time and time again.

“They’ve also observed the consistency between his statements and those of all the others interviewed, as a result he’s been allowed to go,” he said.

The lawyer’s claim has not been confirmed by the police.