Sterling Bank Nigeria commenced operations as Nigeria Acceptances Limited (NAL) Bank in the year 1960 and was later licensed as Nigeria’s first merchant bank in 1969.
The bank was subsequently nationalized in 1972 following the Indigenization Decree of 1972, which restructured it to a government-owned institution. Information available on Sterling Bank’s website also has it that the bank wasprivatized and subsequently named as a public company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) in the year 1992.
Eight years later, Sterling Bank was then made a fully privatized institution after the government sold its residual interest. One of Nigeria’s pre-eminent investment banking institution, Sterling Bank Plc is today a full service national commercial bank with 189 branches across Nigeria.
Sterling Bank Nigeria Internet Banking
In this time and age where there is a rapid technological advancement in virtually every facet of life, it is expected that banking should be reliable, hassle-free, and convenient. It is for this reason that Sterling Bank came up with a user-friendly online banking platform, where clients can easily make transactions without having to queue up in the banking hall.
Gladly, the platform can be used for various purposes such as receiving money from other Sterling Bank account holders or account holders with other banks. The bank’s internet service can also be used to transfer money locally from one Third Party Bank account to another, transfer international funds from Nigeria to foreign countries, pay utilities, and check or download one’s bank statement online.
How To Register for Sterling Bank Internet Banking Service
- Visit the nearest sterling bank branch to you
- Meet the bank’s customer help desk and tell them you want to register for internet banking
- The customer care representatives would be given an application form to fill.
- Make sure you fill the form correctly, entering every necessary information.
- Submit the form to the customer care representatives for processing.
- Once your application is processed and approved, you would receive a mail from the bank containing your initial login details.
- You can then change and personalize the details later.
- Sterling Bank will attach the Secure Token Device, which you are expected to use whenever you need to perform any transaction on your internet banking platform. The ST device is mainly designed to protect customers from any compromise on their account.
How to Log in on Sterling Bank Internet Banking Platform
- Go to https://bankonline.sterlingbankng.com/web/guest/welcome.
- You would see the login column at the top right-hand corner.
- Fill in your login details including your login ID and password.
NB: The first task you are expected to do when you log in is to change the default password to a unique one you can easily remember. This is necessary because it ensures that your account is well secured.
Sterling Bank money transfer code was created with the purpose of harnessing smooth transaction via SMS or USSD. The instant banking, as gathered, is easy to operate and can work on any type of phone, as long as it has the standard keypad.
Sterling Bank Nigeria USSD code is 822#. With this code, customers can have access to basic financial services such as bills payment, money transfer, airtime recharge, account balance, email update, and BVN matters which can be carried out on your phone without the internet.
To start, you need to register for USSD banking and you can achieve it by following the steps below.
- Dial *822*1*NUBAN ACCT NUMBER# on your phone. NUBAN is your 10-digit account number.
- You will be notified to create a 4-digit PIN in order to authorize transactions.
- Follow the on-screen command to complete the registration process.
Basic steps to Transfer Money with Sterling Bank Money Transfer Code:
- Dial *822*4*AMOUNT*NUBAN# (for Sterling bank account holders only).
- Dial *822*5*AMOUNT*NUBAN# (for other banks)
- Simply dial *822*Amount# for yourself.
- Dial *822*Amount*Mobile Number# for others.
To Check Your Sterling Bank Account Balance on Phone:
- Dial *822*6#. It’s that simple!
- To get your account number, dial *822*8#
NB: Customers are only allowed to transfer up to N50,000 per transaction and N100,000 daily limit for savings and current account. You do not need to have airtime on your phone to carry out these transactions.
Sterling Bank Nigeria internet service is open to all account holders. To use the service, you must have a phone number registered with the bank. The service is available to use 24 hours every day and open to Airtel, Glo, MTN, and 9Mobile (Etisalat) subscribers.
Customer Care Contacts
There are several ways Sterling Bank Nigeria stays in touch with its customers. The bank pride itself in granting each customer an exclusive attention as well as quality service.
In as much as the bank goes the extra mile to ensure its clients are well treated, it also has in place, avenues where customers can channel their complaints, requests, inquiries, feedback, and lots more. The sector that handles all of these and more is the customer care center.
The center can be contacted anytime via cell phone, email, or physical contact. For calls, you can reach out to them on the following numbers – (+234) 0700STERLING, 070078375464, and 01-4484481-5. If you wish to contact through mail, you can hook up with them via [email protected]
Lastly, you can have one-on-one contact with Sterling Bank customer care agents by meeting them at Sterling Towers, 20 Marina, Lagos Island, Lagos.