The Performing Musician Association of Nigeria, PMAN has provided an identity card called the PMAN Biometric Card and all Nigerian artistes are expected to have the ID.
The current Chairman of the association, Ruggedman calls out Nigerian artiste to register with PMAN in order to get identified and be a proud holder of the PMAN Biometric Card.
The veteran rapper also shares the benefits for members who register under the new Performing Musician Association of Nigeria administration.
According to his write-up, the benefits are quite attractive and includes a health insurance, access to loans, easier visa processing and also a long-term retirement package among other benefits.
“Pretty Okafor is the current president and the guy is putting in work and putting things in place for the betterment and benefit of Nigerian entertainers. I need your support to make this work because we are the ones that will enjoy once it kicks off. No more free downloads.
The benefits of having the #pmanbiometriccard include:
1. Health insurance you and 4 members of your family
2. Life insurance in case of death, your next of kin gets N5million.
3. For critical health challenge, you will be flown abroad
4. Pension plans for when you are over 65 years & ready to retire you will be getting N100,000.00 monthly
5. It gives you access to Visas. This officially confirms you as a professional creative artist.
6. It gives you access to PMAN legal team. Now you are no more alone when you are in a legal tussle
7. It also gives access to Loans without collateral from N50k-N10m, our partnering bank is available for you
PMAN Biometric Card
“To curb free downloads, Pretty Okafor has brought in a barcoding and encoding company called JS1.Registering with N5000 at any Heritage bank branch automatically opens an account for you and your PMAN Biometric Card ID Card is also your atm card as seen in the attached picture.
“Before you drop a song you will come register it at PMAN (which is the same as the payment you make when putting your song on iTunes) and they will encode it and give it back to you and you throw it out as normal.
“Only this time it has been encoded and the code is synced to your Heritage Bank account. So if you are an artist and label owner all proceeds go straight into your account upon download/streaming from anywhere in the world. People who download with data, automatically pay with data.
“So it’s the service provider that pays. If it is a record label and their artist, or producer/songwriter it will be documented and payment automatically disbursed into each person’s account upon download/stream according to their sharing formula. Each person’s percentage goes to their accounts. PMAN gets theirs and the government gets their tax.”
Do you think this is the best thing to happen to the Nigerian music industry? How reliable and sustainable is the PMAN Biometric Card?