The Director of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Brig. Gen. Sulaiman Kazaure, has assured members of the public that the scheme has made all necessary preparations to ensure the mobilisation of all eligible prospective corps members in the next service year. Also See: Senate Moves To Avert Full ASUU Strike Kazaure gave the assurance in Abuja on Wednesday during a Media Parley organised by the scheme for Editors and Reporters of various media organisations in the country. He said although NYSC could presently cater for only 86,000 out of the 170,000 screened for the next service year it had taken necessary precautions to ensure the rest partook in the service. Kazaure said: “In the 2016 budget, provision was made for the mobilisation of a total of 210,000 corps members. However, the figure for both 2016 Batch ‘A’ and Batch ‘B’ has more than doubled the original projection. “Like we did before the 2016 Batch ‘A’ orientation course, we have appealed to government for special intervention grant to mop up excess of this figure. “So far, we have received the green light from the relevant government agencies to prepare for the mobilisation of all qualified prospective corps members. “However, the limited cumulative capacity of the orientation camps nationwide necessitates a second stream orientation course for the 2016 Batch ‘B’ which is planned for January 2017.” Meanwhile, attempts by the Senate to stop the warning strike of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, which started on Wednesday (yesterday), has failed. Senate President Bukola Saraki, on Wednesday, presided over a three-hour closed-door meeting with the officials of the union. Also See: Nigerians Are The Highest Number Of African Students In The US Addressing journalists after the meeting, Chairman, Senate Committee on Tertiary Education and TETFund, Senator Jibrin Barau, said the Senate could not stop the warning strike. He, however, noted that Senate’s intervention would prevent the strike from transforming to an indefinite action.