Sincerely, it may be difficult to an extent to really come up with who are exactly the richest musician in Nigeria is as it demands a collection of some facts and figures which may not actually be within reach. We all know that money matters are always confidential, therefore, these musicians may not come up publicly to declare what they earn in order for us to be able to deduce who is richer than who.
However, there are alternative ways through which we can really come to know who is likely to be the richest musician in Nigeria. After making some clear analysis of their earnings per show, endorsement values, sales rate, social media presence and general influence of the popular Nigerian musicians, it became clear that with all due respect, Don Jazzy is the richest Nigerian Musician.
Michael Collins Ajereh, better known as Don Jazzy is undoubtedly the richest musician in Nigeria and in West Africa. He is a singer, songwriter, producer, and performer. The only artist without a single album or track to call his own.
Looking back, to his musical career, Don Jazzy who was born on November 26, 1982, started playing drums and singing at the age of four and by age 12, he had already developed more passion and skills for the bass guitar and then, began his strong vibes for musicals, he never stopped even when he moved to London in 2000.
In 2000, Don Jazzy moved to London, the United Kingdom when his uncle invited him to come play the drums for the neighbourhood church. From there, he began his journey to the top. He started with Nigeria’s Koko master better known as D’banj who was then the Vice President of Mo Hit Records, which consisted of D’banj, D’Prince, Wande Coal, K-Switch and Dr Sid.
Making his first notable production work in 2004 on D’banj’s Tongolo, Don Jazzy has distinguished himself as a notable platform where young and upcoming singers can begin their career. Don Jazzy is either producing or doing a background vocals for most of his clients. He also performs on stage and has produced albums and singles for many artists in Nigeria.
The artist is currently serving as the CEO of Mavin records – a top record label which came into existence in 2012, producing several young talented starts like Tiwa Savage, Korede Bello, Iyanya, Reekado Banks, Di’ja and Wande Coal.
Don Jazzy had maintained his cadre as Nigeria’s richest musician. In addition to his soaring fame, he is a businessman, making several investments in the country’s oil and gas industry. He owns a large number of fuel tankers. More so, Don Jazzy has a signed deal with electronics company, Samsung.
Below are the Albums he has Produced so far
- 2005: D’banj – No Long Thing
- 2006: Run Down, Funk U Up
- 2007: Mo’ Hits All Stars – Curriculum Vitae
- 2008: The Entertainer
- 2010: Dr SID – Turning Point
- 2012: Mavins – Solar Plexus
Singles with other artists
- Ikechukwu – Like You (feat. Wande Coal)
- Sauce Kid – Under G
- Darey – Escalade 2
- Naeto C – Asewo
- Ikechukwu – All on Me
- Ikechukwu – Now is the time
- Kanye West & Jay-Z – Lift Off (feat. Beyoncé)
- Shank – Never Felt
- Ikechukwu – Critical (feat. D’Banj)
- Weird MC – Ijoya
- Ikechukwu – Do (feat. D’Banj)
- Ikechukwu – Wind am well (feat. D’Banj)
- Darey – Stroke Me
Here is a list of the awards Don Jazzy has won so far
- Nigerian Music Awards (2006) – Producer of the Year.
- Nigerian Entertainment Awards (2007) – Music Producer of the Year.
- The Headies 2011 – Producer of the Year for Over The Moon, Mr Endowed and Pop Something
- The Headies 2014 – Producer of the Year for Dorobucci
- City People Entertainment Award (2015) – Special Recognition Award.
Don Jazzy Net Worth, House, And Cars
Forbes names Don Jazzy as its 36th most recent celebrity in Africa and the fourth richest Musician in the continent with as much as $35 million as his net worth. Added to his wealth, Don Jazzy also has fleets of cars and mansions in Nigeria and abroad. One of his houses is situated in Lekki which is worth about N160 million. Among his fleets of cars include a Porsche Carrera worth million, a Bentley Continental Flying worth N70 million or $185,000 and a Range Rover Sports worth N23 million or $60,000.
Other Lesser-Known Facts About Don Jazzy
- Don Jazzy is not inspired by anyone
- Don Jazzy writes all his songs by himself
- He got the name ‘MAVIN’ from Google
- Don Jazzy cannot rap
- His favourite Nigerian artist is 2Face
- His father is his number one fan
- His beats are inspired by highlife
- He is a very shy person and that’s why he wears sunglasses
- Once he releases a song he doesn’t listen to it again
- He respects Timbaland and Jay Z