Mothers are the hands that rock the cradle, and we know what happens to such hands – they rule the world. Nigerian mothers can be very strict with their children and sometimes also, unusually sarcastic. If you’ve ever doubted the nationality of your mother, the following scenarios will confirm that she is a typical Nigerian mother.
Read Also: 10 Sure Signs You’re With a Nigerian
1. When you say, “Mummy, I’m Sorry!” And she replies, “Sorry for yourself!”
2. When you ask her where you should drop something and she says, “Drop it on my head.”
3. When she brings food home from a party, wrapped in nylon bag.
4. When you say, ”Mummy, I have fever.” And she responds, “Why won’t you have fever when you have been pressing phone all day.”
5. When you say, “Mummy I took 2nd in my class.” and she goes, “So the person that took first has two heads, abi?”
6. When she takes the DSTV remote to work, just to punish you.
7. When you are watching television with her and she sleeps off but still doesn’t want you to change the
8. When you tell her you are going to a friend’s place to play and she asks, ”When last did that friend come here to play with you?”
9. When she asks you if the food she served you is enough, and you reply no, and she says, come and eat my own with yours.
10. When she tells you, “if I hear Peem, you will hear Ween.”
11. When she touches hot pot comfortably without a cloth or paper.
12. When she tells you, “I didn’t kill my mother, so you will not kill me.”
13. When she calls you from your room upstairs and then sends you back upstairs to bring her purse.
14. When you ask her to refund the money she borrowed from you and she tells you, “All the food you have been eating in this house nko? Which money did you think was used in buying them?”
15. When she follows you to your neighbour’s house and orders you to slap your neighbour’s son who hit you previously.
Nigerian mothers are wonderful and we love them irrespective of their sometimes sarcastic nature.
Check this Out: 15 Weird Types Of People You’d Meet In Nigerian Banks