MTN Nigeria is one of the largest mobile telecommunications companies operating in Nigeria that is part of the MTN Group, a South African-based multinational mobile telecommunications company, who has its head office in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Since entering into the Nigerian market in 2001 with full commercial operations in only Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, MTN has gone ahead to cover the whole of Nigeria, providing its services in over 223 cities and towns, and more than 10,000 villages, including a good number of highways across the country, spanning all the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory.
Below is the key information you need to know about MTN Nigeria:
MTN Nigeria Customer Care
MTN Nigeria has a dedicated customer care team that is available 24/7 to ensure that you get served always. The team is there to answer all your questions, respond to all your complaints and all other essential service needs.
You can reach the customer care through the following ways:
Call 180 from an MTN service line, dial +23480310180 if using other networks, or +23480310180 if you are outside the country.
Self-help service; dial 181 from an MTN line, +23480310181 from other lines, and +23480310181 if from outside Nigeria.
Other ways include:
1. Email [email protected]
2. Follow them on Twitter, http://twitter.com/MTNNG, and https://twitter.com/MTN180
3. Follow them on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/MTNLoaded
4. Post your questions through their customer feedback form
5. Walk into an MTN Customer service center next to you.
6. Write a letter and post it through MTN Walk-in centers to the following address:
The Customer Care Manager
MTN Nigeria Communications Limited
MTN Nigeria is one of the biggest employers of labor in the current Nigerian workforce of which it says its people are its most critical competitive asset. The company constantly seeks to employ only the very best as it invests in peoples growth and development. It is truly the perfect place where you would enjoy working as they are proud to be IIP certified.
Check their website regularly for available career vacancies. They undertake all the recruitment exercise as per the vacancies available. You can also register an account to receive all their job alerts.
MTN Foundation Scholarship
MTN Foundation Scholarship scheme which was incorporated in 2014 seeks to attract, recognize, and reward high performing full-time second-year students that are studying in tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
Through the MTN Foundation, a maximum of 500 qualified and successful full-time Nigerian students are awarded the scholarship which covers tuition, book allowance, and stipends. The scholarship is renewed every year until graduation provided that awardees maintain a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or its equivalent (second class upper/upper credit) while new applications, when advertised, are welcome from full-time students each year.
The requirements for application include:
1. Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education in Nigeria must be full-time undergraduates in 300 level/3rd year.
2. Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 3.5 or its equivalent (2:1).
3. Applicants from public Polytechnics must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) programme and must have secured admission into the Higher National Diploma programme (HND).
4. Direct entry level students must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the OND programme and must have secured admission into 300 level/3rd year in a public University.
MTN Nigeria Tariff Plans
Plans available includes:
1. MTN BetaTalk; This is a tariff plan which is prepaid and rewards you with three times your recharge of N100 and above.
2. BetaTalk call rate; They charge a rate of 24N per minute for all national calls from the customer’s primary and bonus accounts. After exhausting the bonus, National calls, SMS, and Data are charged from the customers primary account. International calls, SMS, and Data will be charged from the customer’s main account while roaming at the existing international rates.
3. How to migrate to BetaTalk; All the pre-paid customers can migrate to MTN BetaTalk tariff plan. To migrate Just dial *123*2*6# or write BT and send to 131. Post-paid customers cannot subscribe to BetaTalk. If you migrate out of BetaTalk, you lose your bonus balance.
4. Balance inquiry; To check your balance both in the main and bonus accounts, dial *556#.
5. Data bonus; You receive a weekly data bonus of 10MB when you top-up with no less than N100. Its validity is seven days from the day of award.
With their data plans, it is so easy for you to choose from different data schemes. They have lots of affordable and flexible plans from which you can choose. You can just dial *131#.
MTN Cellphone Deals
MTN Nigeria Offers some mobile deals that ensure you get quality devices at affordable prices. They also come with benefits including data bundles offered for each phone or tablet purchased. You can find all the information on their website.