Man Bags Prison Sentence For Tying Up Dog And Leaving It To Die


An Ontario man (USA), Michael Earl Hill was on Monday sentenced to prison for alleged taping and tying up a dog and leaving it to die in the field.

Ontario Court Justice, Micheline Rawlins, sentenced Hill to two years in the federal penitentiary, probation for three years and has been banned from owning any pets for the next 25 years after he pleaded guilty to animal cruelty charge of causing unnecessary suffering to an animal.

According to, the tragic cruelty incident unfolded in December, when a man walking his own dog found a dog lying in the grass with its snout, paws and neck tightly bound with electrical tape and was having trouble breathing because he was so swollen by the tightly tied tape.

Also See: Petition Against Nigeria On Wild Animals: “Stop Wild Animal Abuse In Nigeria!”

Melanie Coulter, spokesperson for the shelter, said the dog walker definitely saved the dog’s life. The attending veterinarian stated the dog would not have survived much more than a few hours if not discovered and rescued.

When Hill was arrested on December 18, he was denied bail and has been held in solitary confinement and segregated from the rest of the inmates at the South West Detention Center. More than 65,000 people signed a petition asking the judge to sentence Hill to the maximum penalty permitted by law.

The small 13-pound dog, belonged to Jessica Hems and Adam Esipu, who had given Hill the dog, along with $60 to surrender the dog to the humane society because the couple had a newborn baby who was allergic to the seven-year-old Patterdale pooch named Nos and didn’t have the heart to surrender the dog personally they stated.

Just two days later, the owners of Nos became the hated suspects of the horrible cruelty case, and they immediately traveled to the humane society and told their story involving Hill as the dog’s true abuser.

Also See: SHOCKER! Man Finds 8-foot Crocodile, ‘Jacuzz-ing’ In His Swimming Pool