25-Year-Old Lady Bathed With Acid Few Days To Wedding


A 25-year-old lady, Ogochukwu Nwosu, is in a critical condition at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Idi-Araba, Lagos State, after she was bathed with a substance suspected to be acid following her agreement to wed a married man.

According to reports, Ogochukwu is a business woman resident at 9, Garba Musa street, Idi Araba, Mushin in Lagos. She was approached by one Mr. Chidi Ubochiadinjo who proposed marriage to her but knowing that he was already married, she declined at first. However, when Mr. Chidi’s seriousness became obvious as he was making plans to visit the victim’s family and fulfill the marriage rites, Miss. Ogochukwu advised him to tell his wife about his intentions.

See Also: Man Rips Neighbour’s Private Parts Following Arguement Over Toilet Use

All hell was let loose as Mrs. Nkeiru Chidi Ubochiadinjo, started calling and sending her threatening messages both on WhatsApp and as SMS. The provoked wife allegedly threatened to harm the victim before December 2016 when the wedding was scheduled to hold however, Miss. Ogochukwu reportedly took the threats as an empty one. Although she told Mr. Chidi about the threats, he dissuaded her from informing the police about it.

25-Year Ogochukwu Bathed With Acid Few Days To Wedding

According to the suspect, Nkeiru, her husband is already renovating their family house in the village in preparation for the traditional marriage.

Read More: Adamawa Poly Student Slits Girlfriend’s Throat For Alleged Cheating

On October 6, Ogochukwu was attacked while coming back from work at about 8pm, just at Ilasa bus stop, by a man who poured acid on her. She sustained burns on her face, breasts, among other parts of her body, and was rushed to LUTH by passersby. Narrating the incident she said:

“On Thursday, I had closed from Computer Village where I work. Around 8pm, when I reached Ilasa bus stop, I dropped off the bus.

“I was about to cross to the other side of the road when a man dropped from a motorcycle and poured something on me. He immediately fled on the motorcycle. People came to my rescue and took me to the hospital.

“I suspect Mrs. Chidi because she had been threatening me before the incident. And while I was on admission at the hospital, she called and spoke with my brother, saying that was just the beginning.”