Clumsy and weary of getting things right in the kitchen? These epic kitchen tricks will make your work easier and give you a pro ace touch to your kitchen.
For most of us, helping mama in the kitchen was never fun until we became adults. Well, that is because being in the kitchen was only fun when it was time to pick up the finished meal.
Nonetheless, let’s run down some quick kitchen tricks that would make time out in that food-creator part of the house, fun.
1. Chew gum while cutting onions so that it does not bring tears to your eyes.
2. Wondering how to reduce excess groundnut oil from that stew or palm oil from your soup? Simply drop an ice cube into the meal. It will attract all the fat, and then you can scoop out the ice afterward.
3. To reuse cooking oil without tasting whatever was cooked in the oil previously, while heating the oil, drop a small piece of fresh ginger. This helps to absorb any flavors and odors.
4. Burned a pot of rice? Place a piece of sliced white bread on top of the rice for 5-10 minutes to draw out the burnedflavorr. Be careful not to scrape the burned pieces off of the bottom of the pan when serving the rice.
5. If your milk always goes bad before you can finish it, try adding a pinch of salt to the carton when you first open it.
6. Angry over cracked boiling eggs, add a pinch of salt to keep the shells from cracking.
7. Never put citrus fruits(Oranges, Lemons, limes, etc) or tomatoes in the fridge. The low temperatures degrade the aroma and flavor of these fruits.
8. Made a salty meal? Drop in a peeled raw potato into the dish to reduce the salt. This is one of the most handy kitchen tricks ever.
9. To clean iron cookware, avoid using detergents. Alternatively, scrub them with salt and a clean dry paper towel.
10. When storing empty airtight containers, throw in a pinch of salt to avoid having that damp smell.
11. When making gravy (stews) and accidentally burn it, turn your mixture into a fresh pan and continue. Add a pinch of sugar, doing that takes out the burnt taste.
12. Before you chop fresh red peppers, rub a little bit of vegetable oil on your palms so the hotness of the pepper won’t hurt your skin.
13. If you aren’t sure how fresh your eggs are, place them in about four inches of water. Eggs that stay on the bottom are fresh.
14. To eradicate ants from the kitchen or other parts of the house, find out where they are coming from and cover the hole with petroleum Vaseline. Ants won’t trek through the jelly. If they are coming under a door, draw a line on the floor with chalk. They won’t cross a line of chalk.
15. Don’t store your bananas in a bunch or in a fruit bowl with other fruits. Separate your bananas and place each in a different location. Bananas release gases which causes other fruits (including other bananas) to ripen quickly. Separating them will keep them fresh longer.
16. To keep potatoes from budding in the bag, put an apple in with them.
17. After boiling pasta or potatoes, cool the water and use it to water your houseplants. The water contains nutrients that facilitate the growth of plants.
18. When defrosting meat from the freezer, pour some vinegar over it. Not only does it tenderize the meat; it will also bring down the freezing temperature of the meat and cause it to thaw quicker.
See Also: How To Prepare The Nigerian Jollof Rice
19. If two drinking glasses become stuck together after stacking, it’s not impossible to separate them. Just put ice in the inner glass and dunk the outer glass in warm water. The warm glass will expand and the cold glass will contract, making the glasses separate easily.
20. To spice up your sauce with a little bit of alcohol, freeze wine in ice cube trays and add in your dish. This is one of the most used kitchen tricks by guys.