Jonathan’s Ally In EFFC Net Over Alleged Multi-billion Dollar Deals


An ally of former president, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan and Chairman of Atlantic Energy Drilling Concepts Nigeria Limited, Jide Omokore was questioned on Tuesday by operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over alleged multi-billion dollar deals.

According to PremiumTimes, Mr. Omokore, who was arrested  in connection with series of multi-billion dollar petrol import and crude export deals was  later released on Wednesday evening.

It was gathered that  he made some  revealing statements and is Mr Omokore, who was arrested  in connection with  series of multi-billion dollar petrol import and crude export deals was  later released on Wednesday evening expected to return with some required documents.

Also See: “Prosecution Awaits Bureau De Change For The $2.1bn Arms Fraud” – EFCC Vows

A top official of the commission confirmed the visit of Mr. Omokore as a prelude to a proper interrogation;

“It is true that the oil mogul came to the Commission today (Wednesday). He came to do things that have to do with documentation and he was allowed to go. The man was invited to the commission on the issue of documentation and he came. It is not as if he was given an administrative bail. The issue of bail did not even come up because he was not detained in the first place. The fact is, you cannot be talking of bail when his interrogation has not even commenced.”

Atlantic Energy Limited was one of the companies that was allegedly received multi-billion dollar worth of public assets without due process during the Jonathan administration in 2011.

The company which was about a year then, and yet to produce a droplet of oil, was awarded controlling stakes in two lucrative oil blocks – OML 30 and 34 – for just over $50 million each signed by the then Petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke, giving it 55 percent stake in the oil block leaving Shell with the remaining 45 per cent stake which fetched it $1.3 billion for a single field after an open and competitive bidding process.

The company was also accused of being involved in the lifting of crude oil controlled by the Nigerian Petroleum Development Company when Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke was Minister of Petroleum Resources.

According to report, Atlantic Energy paid $168m into the government’s account, but lifted about three million barrels – valued at over $350 million in 2012, it also lifted about 2 million barrels of crude valued at about $240million, but paid only $68million in 2014.

And in 2015, in 2014, the company allegedly did not pay any cash but lifted about 500,000 barrels of crude oil, valued at $54 million.

Another of Mr. Omokore’s companies, SPOG, is reportedly undergoing investigation for an alleged N400 million petrol import fraud.

Also See: British Judge Questions Jonathan’s Integrity Over $1.1 Billion Fraud