Making money transfers from one bank to another has long been made easy with the introduction of the different mobile and internet banking options. Hence, in just a few steps, transferring money from UBA to other bank accounts can be achieved. Learn about the UBA transfer codes and various methods you can transfer money from your UBA accounts to other accounts or banks.
How to Transfer Money from UBA Account to another Account
UBA has made transfers of funds much easier for its customers with the introduction of different transfer methods. So far, UBA fund transfer can be done through the following means:
- Going to a branch
How UBA Mobile Banking APP Works
As a leading pan-African financial services group, UBA offers its customers internet and mobile banking to make banking activities easier. UBA’s mobile banking app offers you the opportunity not only to make all money transfers but it is also for Airtime Buying, DSTV Renewals, GoTV subscriptions, travel tickets, Bill payments, and other Banking Transactions. However, to be able to effectively use the app, you must first have an account with UBA. If you already have an account with UBA, you can go ahead and activate the UBA app
How To Register and Activate UBA Mobile Banking App
- Download the UBA mobile banking app on Google Play Store, available for android and iOS operating systems.
- For Android phone users Login to Google Play Store or click here to access the link.
- For iPhone users, log in to the App Store or click here.
- Scroll to the search area of the site and enter UBA mobile app
- Install the app on your mobile device and launch it at once
- As a new user, you will need to click on register and select Nigeria from the list of options.
- You will be required to choose your registration option among which is;
- enroll with UBA card,
- account number/secure pass,
- branch activation code.
- Follow the prompts to complete the activation.
- You will then need to sign up for a UBA secure pass which will authorize your transaction by generating a token/OTP at any given time
Note: If you already have the UBA secure pass (token) for internet banking, you can easily go on with your transactions.
How to Transfer Money Using UBA Mobile Banking APP
To use the UBA Bank Nigeria mobile banking app, follow these fundamental steps:
- Open the UBA Mobile banking app on your phone
- Log in to the App using your mobile number ( or username used when creating the account) and password.
- Click on the combined 3 short-dashed icons at the top left of your screen and then click on transfer money.
- A menu containing your account details will appear, select the account you are transferring from (for people that have more than one account with UBA)
- Select the bank account you want to transfer money to and fill in the necessary details required
- Click the transfer button to confirm and complete the transaction.
You’ll receive an instant pop-up notification which will be followed by an SMS showing that your transaction has been successfully carried out.
UBA Transfer Code for Sending Money
It is true that the UBA USSD code has made banking much easier. You now don’t need to visit the banking premises to make transfers as the UBA Money Transfer Codes are available for use 24/7. Also known as the UBA Magic code, the UBA USSD code is a set of codes that enables the bank’s customer to transfer money from a UBA account to other accounts using a mobile phone without the use of an internet connection. This UBA USSD code is *919#
How to Create and Activate UBA Transfer Code
The UBA USSD code works on any mobile device with a mobile number that is duly registered with the bank. Preferably, the number you used when creating your account with UBA. Interestingly, the UBA USSD code perfectly works on all mobile networks; MTN, Etisalat, Glo, and Airtel lines.
All UBA Bank customers can enjoy the services provided by the UBA magic code. However, before you can use the code, you are required to create a mobile transfer PIN which you will use for your transactions.
- Dial the UBA Ussd Code *919#.
- An on-screen introductory message will automatically appear.
- Press 1 to start the sign-up process for the UBA Ussd Code and choose between running the registration with your Account Number or the UBA Prepaid.
- Choose the UBA prepaid with the PIN if you registered for the UBA prepaid account.
- Use the option Account with PIN if you don’t have a UBA prepaid account.
- Insert the 10 digits account number or the prepaid number as the case may be.
- Choose your UBA Ussd Code 4-digit PIN. (The last 4 digits on your UBA Debit card will be required here.)
- Confirm your PIN creation to complete the activation process.
- If you have carefully followed these steps, then be assured that your UBA transfer code has been activated.
How To Transfer Funds Using The UBA USSD Code
- Dial the magic code *919#.
- Press 5 to select send money.
- Take a payment option.
- Add the recipient account number.
- Enter your PIN.
Note: (1) If you don’t want to go through the long process listed above, simply dial 919*3# and follow the on-screen command for money transfers from your UBA account to another UBA account number.
Uba Transfer Code to Another Bank
If you want to transfer money to other bank holders in Nigeria, like Access bank, GTB, and first bank, the following steps will guide you to do so
- To send cash to users of another bank, just dial *919*4# and follow the
- Alternatively, you can dial *919*4*number of the account*amount # i.e. * 919 *4*1234512367*2000 #
Note: For transfers above N20,000, you will need a Secure Pass (in form of a
token) or you can use the mobile banking app as explained above.
How to Use UBA ATM for Cash Transfer
UBA offers four different debit cards – Debit Mastercard, Verve Card, Gold Master Card, UBA Platinum Master Card. Each of these cards enables you to withdraw or transfer cash at the various UBA ATMs. To have any of these cards, you will need
To transfer money to another bank using UBA ATM;
- Simply locate any UBA ATM nearest to you,
- Insert your ATM card into the machine and type in your four-digit password
- Opt for ‘Fund Transfer’ or ‘Quick Transfer’
- Carefully add the details of the beneficiary
- Type in the amount you wish to transfer
- You will have to re-confirm the details to avoid any incorrect money transfer
- You will get the notification of the successful or failed attempt on the display screen.
Note: You may receive the bank’s message on your email and on your registered mobile number after the transaction. You can get the printed slip from the ATM to check your balance.
How to Transfer Money Using ATM Biometric Cash Transfer
In case you lost your ATM card and you urgently need to transfer money to another account number, do not worry as you can also do so via ATM biometrics.
To send money to another account Using UBA ATM biometrics:
What is the Swift Code for UBA Money Transfer?
Swift (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication) code is a set of alphanumeric characters that are used when transferring money between banks, particularly for international money transfers. The swift code for all Nigerian banks consists of 8 to 11 characters. When the code has eight characters, it means the swift code is for the bank’s head office but if the characters are up to eleven, the last characters represent the swift code for the bank’s branch.
The swift code for United Bank for Africa Nigeria (UBA) head office is UNAFNGLA while UNNAFNGLA181 represents the swift code for a branch of UBA in Lagos Nigeria.
SWIFT Codes for all UBA Main Branches in Nigeria
|UBA Branch Name||Swift Code|
|UBA Aba Main Branch||UNAFNGLA088|
|UBA Abuja Branch||UNAFNGLA114|
|UBA Akure Branch||UNAFNGLA056|
|UBA Asaba Branch||UNAFNGLA175|
|UBA Awka Branch||UNAFNGLA164|
|UBA Bauchi Branch||UNAFNGLA030|
|UBA Benin (City) Branch||UNAFNGLA044|
|UBA Calaba Branch||UNAFNGLA094|
|UBA Enugu Branch||UNAFNGLA084|
|UBA Gombe Branch||UNAFNGLA152|
|UBA Ibadan Main Branch||UNAFNGLA040|
|UBA Ilorin Branch||UNAFNGLA049|
|UBA Jos Branch||UNAFNGLA098|
|UBA Kaduna North Branch||UNAFNGLA062|
|UBA Kaduna South Branch||UNAFNGLA064|
|UBA Kano Main Branch||UNAFNGLA060|
|UBA Katsina Branch||UNAFNGLA125|
|UBA Lokoja Branch||UNAFNGLA127|
|UBA Maiduguri Branch||UNAFNGLA067|
|UBA Makurdi Branch||UNAFNGLA031|
|UBA Minna Branch||UNAFNGLA099|
|UBA Ondo Branch||UNAFNGLA115|
|UBA Oshogbo Branch||UNAFNGLA022|
|UBA Owerri Branch||UNAFNGLA087|
|UBA Oyo Branch||UNAFNGLA087|
|UBA Port Harcout Branch||UNAFNGLA080|
|UBA Sokoto Branch||UNAFNGLA070|
|UBA Umuahia Branch||UNAFNGLA141|
|UBA Uyo Branch||UNAFNGLA024|
|UBA Warri Branch||UNAFNGLA048|
|UBA Yola Branch||UNAFNGLA048|
|UBA Zaria Branch||UNAFNGLA065|