Access Bank is one of the many commercial financial institutions in Nigeria. It, however, sets itself apart from the rest as it is one of those banks that ensures its customers perform their banking activities safely and with ease. This is why the bank is rated among the best in the country so far. Here, we present to you the various ways you could transfer money from one Access Bank account to another as well as accounts of other banks with ease.
Various Ways One Can Transfer Money From Access Bank Accounts
Access Bank has provided various ways its customers can easily transfer money from their Access bank account to various other bank accounts. The different ways you can transfer money from an Access bank account include;
- Access USSD Code,
- Access Mobile App,
- Access Internet Banking,
- Access ATM Card/Machine
1. Access USSD Code
Great news for all customers of Access Bank; you can simply transfer cash from Access Bank to another bank or another account using the bank’s *901# service code.
*901# is an Access Bank USSD code that permits you to use and conduct banking services handily from your phone, without using airtime or data. This service can be used 24/7. The *901# code is available to all individual account holders whose phone numbers are registered with any of the mobile network operators in Nigeria (MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9mobile) and properly maintained with the bank.
How to Activate The *901# USSD Code
To be able to use this code you must first activate the code using the following guidelines:
- Dial *901# on the registered mobile phone number joined to your Access Bank account.
- Choose “Transfer,” and press send.
- You will instantly be prompted to enter the last “6” digits of your Access Bank debit card number. If you do not have a Debit card, you will be asked to enter your date of birth, and it should be the same as the one you use to open the account.
- Next, enter your Access Bank account number.
- Generate a “4” digit authentication PIN you will use to carry out your transactions.
- Enter your PIN and complete the activation process.
- Once you have completed the activation process, you will be prompted with a notification.
How to Transfer Money Using Access Bank USSD Code
- To transfer money to other banks, dial *901*Amount*Account number# (for example; *901*2000*1004500038#) from your phone and touch the ‘Send’ button
- Next, you select the beneficiary’s bank name
- You will receive a message asking you to verify the beneficiary’s name and account number. This is to ensure that you are sending the money to the right person.
- Activate by making use of a four-digit security code.
Note: This service session lasts around 2 minutes and times out once every twenty seconds if there is no activity. This suggests that each transaction initiated should be finished within 2 minutes.
You can perform transactions of up to N100,000 per transaction but it is the maximum limit per day using the USSD code.
2. Access Mobile App
The mobile banking app is intended for Access Bank customers who use internet-enabled phones like iPhones and Androids phones. The app could be downloaded through the app store that is compatible with your phone.
How to Transfer Money Using Access Mobile App
Here is how to use the Access Bank app to transfer money;
- Download the Access mobile banking app on your phone,
- Log in with your internet banking login details
- Navigate and choose the transfer choice of transaction
- Select the bank you would like to transfer money to, input the account details and also the amount to be transferred
- Generate the one-time password (OTP) for the transaction
- Verify the transaction along with your one-time password (OTP)
- Once the verification has been completed, next is to click on the submit icon that completes the transaction. You will receive a debit alert for the transaction shortly afterward
3. Access ATM Card/Machine
An Automatic Teller Machine (ATM) can be used to transfer cash to any bank or account using a debit card. Here is how to use an ATM card to transfer money;
- Insert your ATM card
- Enter your PIN
- Choose fund transfer
- Choose the bank of the person you are transferring money to
- Enter the account number of the person you would like to transfer money to
- Choose the kind of transaction account to be used (Savings or Current)
- Enter the amount of money you want to transfer,
- Collect your transaction receipt at the end of the transaction
4. Physically Visiting Any Branch of Access Bank
If you are transferring money from one Access Bank account to another, or even to an account of another Nigerian financial institution, you can do this at your bank for free. All you have to do is go there physically and fill out a transfer form. A bank teller would help you complete the transaction.
5. Access Online Banking
Online banking is one of the various banking platforms that help to make money transfers between bank accounts easier. The platform provides you with options to move money from one account or bank to another.
Customers who are interested in internet banking are often expected to fill out an application form which is available online and in various branches nationwide. All Access Bank internet banking forms must be filled with information exactly as the details you provided while opening your account with the bank.
The Two Types of Bank Forms to Fill are:
- Access bank corporate application form – for business accounts.
- Access retail application form – for personal online banking
Making use of internet banking requires the use of data and an internet-enabled mobile phone. It is also considered as another easy way to make transactions. To use the Access bank online, you must first meet all the following requirements:
- Be an Access Bank account holder -either a savings or current account
- Your email and phone number must correspond with the one used to open the account and it must still be active
- Have a smartphone (android, IOS, etc)
- Have an active ATM card
How to Register for Access Bank Internet Banking
- To activate your internet banking platform, you will need to visit the Access Bank online banking website here
- Locate the Internet Banking button at the top-right corner of the page,
- Enter your valid Savings or Current account number and hit the “submit” button
- You will receive an authentication message in your mail and on your mobile phone
- Enter the Activation Code and hit the submit button
- Once a valid activation code is successfully entered, you will be taken to the next screen where you will be required to choose your ID, Password, Secure Image.
- Accept the Terms & Conditions and submit.
- Now you are ready to Log on to Access Online Banking and continue
How to Transfer Money Using Access Bank Online Platform
When you have successfully activated your internet banking account, you will be free to access all the services the platform provides. To transfer money from your account to another account using the internet banking platform, these steps will be of help:
- Visit the Access bank online platform here and enter your login details that include your username and password
- Click on transfer money and enter the recipient bank details such as account number for transfer or phone number for airtime purchase
- Verify to ensure all information is correct
- Enter your security code for authorization and hit the submit button.