To enjoy all the benefits of the MTN pulse tariff plan, dial *123*2*2# or send an SMS of 406 to 131 using your MTN registered number.
MTN Pulse is one of the prepaid tariff plans that provide customers with numerous advantageous services. Over the years, the tariff plan has been the choice of most customers. The reason is that it provides one of the cheapest call rates and lots of bonuses both for calls and data. We will unveil the services and benefits associated with migrating to this tariff plan.
Requirements to Migrate to MTN Pulse
There are no special requirements before one can migrate to this tariff plan. A few important factors are listed below:
- You must have an MTN registered SIM
- Have a network-enabled mobile phone
- Then know the different migration processes as they will be explained as we progress.
MTN Pulse Code
The shortcode to migrate to this tariff plan is *123*2*2#. You can also migrate by sending 406 to 131 through your registered MTN number. These two codes are the fastest and shortest means of migrating to this tariff plan.
MTN Pulse Tariff
This tariff plan comes with user-friendly services, and some of them include:
- After spending N16.20K per day, a flat call rate of 11.26k/sec for calls across all other networks in the country.
- Interesting Data bundle:750MB data plan for three days at N300Weekly
- data plan of 1.5GB for N500
- Pulse Nightlife Bundles (250MB for N25 and 500MB for N50) offer up to 2GB of data.
Can You Migrate to MTN Pulse for Free?
Yes, migration to this tariff plan is totally free of charge. MTN provided various methods for migrating and enjoying services under the pulse tariff plan. Below are some of the methods of migrating to the tariff plan:
- Through the shortcode
- By SMS
- MyMTN webpage
- MyMTN App
- By MTN customer service channels
How to Migrate to MTN Pulse Using Codes
MTN provided two methods by which their customers could migrate to the tariff plan. The first method to carry out this migration process is to dial *123*2*2#. To migrate using the second process, follow the process below:
- Dial *401#
- Press 1 to select MTN Pulse
- Press 1 to proceed
How to Migrate to MTN Pulse via SMS
To migrate to this tariff plan using the text messaging process, simply text 406 to 131. A confirmation message will be sent to your phone showing a successful migration to the tariff plan.
How to Migrate to MTN Pulse Through MyMTN Webpage
You can also migrate to this tariff plan by following the process below:
- Access the MyMTN webpage or click here for quick access
- Input your MTN mobile number
- An OTP will be sent to the inputted mobile number. Input the OTP number and click on Proceed
- On the right side of the home page, click on the area with your name
- Choose from the options My Plan
- Choose from the next option Other Plans
- Then finally, click on MTN Pulse
Can I Migrate to MTN Pulse through MyMTN App?
To migrate to this tariff plan using the MyMTN App follow the quick steps provided below:
- Log in to the Google Play store to download MyMTN App or click here
- Install the app on your mobile phone
- Then log in to the App
- Scroll to Other Plans
- Click on MTN Pulse
Migration to MTN Pulse through the Customer Service Unit
There are different customer service channels open for migration to this tariff plan. One can make use of the unit at any time of the day. Below are some channels available to contact MTN customer service for tariff plan migration:
- To migrate to this tariff plan, call 180 and listen to the instructions to connect with an online representative.
- Connect on Facebook through the link https://www.facebook.com/MTNLoaded/
- Connect on Whatsapp by chatting with the number +234 903 300 0001 or using the link: https://wa.me/2349033000001
What is MTN Pulse Point?
This pulse point is a part of the reward structure of this tariff plan. It starts when one migrates to the tariff plan. Remember that the pulse point reward during migration happens once. Again, when you earn a pulse point and decide to migrate to another tariff plan, you will lose the whole pulse point.
Pulse point has a validity period of one year, after which it cant be used again.
What Activities Qualify You For MTN Pulse Point?
The following are activities that can help you earn pulse points:
- Purchase of data
- Buying daily data plans
- Weekly data plans
- Monthly data plans
- Nightlife bundles
- Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube data plans
- A cumulative daily calls above 5 minutes daily
- Using the MyMTN app to transfer airtime or data
Can you use MTN Pulse Point?
Yes, you can make use of this tariff plan points to subscribe for data. And its data is not in any way restricted to a particular data service.
How to Check Pulse Points on MTN
There are two methods one can use to check pulse balance. To quickly know your pulse balance, dial *406*7#. You can also know your pulse balance by following this process:
- Dial *406#
- Press 7 to select a pulse point
- Press 4 to select the pulse point balance
At this point, your pulse point balance will be displayed on the screen of your phone.
How to use MTN Pulse Points
You can use your pulse point to activate the data plan. In a situation whereby your pulse point is not enough for the data plan you wish to subscribe to, you can make up the remaining balance with your airtime.
How to use MTN Pulse Point to Buy Data
To buy data using the pulse point, simply follow the steps outlined below:
- Dial *406#
- Press 1 to select ‘Data Bundle’
- Choose the data bundle from the provided options
- Select either to be charged by pulse point
At this point, you have successfully subscribed using pulse point.
MTN Pulse Benefits
Here are some of the features of this tariff plan that are beneficial to MTN customers:
- For only N25, you can surf the internet, browse all night, streamline, or download all night
- Dealzone is offering a one-year subscription to 1 GB of data for $500. This data bundle has a 7-day validity period
- Whenever you call other MTN phone numbers, you may be eligible for reduced call rates or costs. However, there is a requirement that the other user is on the MTN Pulse tariff plan as well. After the first minute, each outgoing call will be charged at 11 Kobo per second.
- You’ll also have the option of getting unlimited streaming on music+ for a low charge of N10 per day.
- To connect and talk with other MTN Pulse subscribers, you will be charged as little as N3 for every SMS you send.
- When you reload your Pulse tariff plan account with any amount of airtime, you will receive an additional and immediate bonus of data (10MB) that is valid for 7 days.
- Every week on MTN Y’ello Friday, the Pulse pricing plan comes with a slew of promos, freebies, and discounted discounts
- Every day from 12.30 am to 4:30 am, all pulse subscribers receive a free night call to all MTN numbers of their children. However, the user must have a balance of at least N100 as airtime before the free call will be authorized.