MTN Beta Talk is a tariff plan that offers customers a flat bonus rate of 300% of any airtime recharge. Customers can easily migrate to this tariff plan by dialing *123*2*1#.
The communication network came up with this tariff plan to encourage their customers to keep on patronizing the network. Taking a look at the structure of the tariff plan, MTN offers reasonable data at an affordable equivalent rate. They also structured the tariff plan to allow for a subsidized call rate if compared with other tariff call rates. We will look at the different migration processes of this tariff plan and the benefits that await users.
MTN Beta Talk Code
Simply dial *123*2*1# on your MTN line or text BT to 131 to switch to MTN Beta Talk. You will receive a message from the network confirming your successful transition to the MTN Beta Talk tariff plan.
Features of MTN BetaTalk
As one of the most popular tariff plans on MTN, it has numerous features that attract users to its patronage. The following are the features of this tariff plan that benefit its users:
- On every recharge of less than N100, you will receive a 300% airtime bonus and a 200% data bonus.
- In addition to the 300 percent airtime incentive on recharges of N100 and above, data bonuses of 20MB and higher are available. The data incentive will come in 20MB increments.
- The plan has two special data bundles, which are:
- 50 Naira for 40MB200
- Naira for 250MB
- On your first recharge or call of the month, you’ll get a free 10MB data bonus.
- Bonus airtime has a validity period of 7 days.
- When you recharge with N100 or more, you get 10MB of free data every week.
- For N100, you may receive 50MB of data every day.
- The bonus airtime may be used for national calls, SMS, and PAYG data.
Requirements to Migrate to MTN Beta Talk
There are a few requirements that can enable one to migrate to Beta Talk. These requirements qualify one as an MTN customer, giving such a customer the ability to migrate to this tariff plan. The following are some of the important requirements to migrate to the beta talk tarif plan:
- A network-enabled mobile phone
- You must have a registered MTN SIM card
- must have active MTN network coverage
How to Migrate From MTN Pulse to Beta Talk
There is no special method of migrating to beta talk from MTN pulse. The process of migration from any tariff plan must come from one of the three methods, which will be explained as we progress. The following are the available methods of migrating to the beta talk tariff plan:
- Using Beta Talk’s short code (USSD Code)
- Through SMS
- MTN Website (MyMTN)
- MTN chat box (customer service)
How to Migrate to Beta Talk Using the Code
One can easily migrate to Beta Talk if the right code is used. To migrate to this tariff plan, simply dial *123*2*1#. This is the fastest means of migrating to this tariff plan. Furthermore, customers can also migrate to beta talk by following the outlined steps below:
- Dial *123#
- From the provided options, select 2
- On the next option, Press 1
- At this point, you have successfully migrated to the MTN beta talk tariff plan.
How to Migrate to MTN Beta Talk Through SMS
There is an SMS option to migrate to the Beta Talk tariff plan. To activate the beta talk by SMS, simply text BT to 131. Wait for the confirmation text showing you have successfully migrated to the tariff plan.
How to Migrate to MTN Beta Talk via MyMTN Web
MyMTN web can be used to migrate to any tariff once you follow the required steps. The web makes it easy for one to migrate to beta talk online. To do this, follow the steps provided below:
- Log on to the MyMTN website or click here for easy access.
- Input your mobile number
- An OTP will be sent to the provided number, input the OTP and click on ‘Proceed’
- On the top right side of the home page, tap on the area with your name
- Click on ‘My Plan’
- Click on ‘Other Plans’
- Click on MTN BetaTalk
How to Migrate to Beta Talk Through MTN Chat Box
Customers can also migrate to beta talk or any other tariff using the customer service channels. The customer service unit is available to ensure the satisfaction of all customers using the service. Customers can migrate to beta talk by contacting any of the customer care channels below:
- Web: A chat box is provided to reach the customer care unit. Go through this link: https://www.mtnonline.com/
- Facebook: users can connect through this link: https://m.me/MTNLoaded
- Telegram: To connect, use the following link: https://t.me/me/MTNOnlineBot
- WhatsApp: Users can migrate by chatting up this number +234 903 300 0001 or through the link https://wa.me/2349033000001
Before making use of any of the above channels, note that the customer representative will ask you some personal questions regarding the ownership of your number, before granting your migration request.
How to Migrate to MTN Beta Talk for Free
All the above methods of migrating to beta talk has no charge applicable. The only charge is the data for using some of the methods which will demand internet connection. Therefore, the following methods of migration can be regarded as a totally free beta talk migration process:
- Using Beta Talk’s short code (USSD Code)
- Through SMS
Can One Migrate from Beta Talk to another Tariff Plan?
Yes, it is very much possible to migrate to any of the tariff plans from Beta Talk. But it is important to know that you can not still retain your 10MB data bonus if you migrate to any of the following tariff plans (MTN XtraSpecial, MTN Pulse, MTN XtraValue, MTN Trutalk, MTN Talk, MTN mPulse).
How to Check Beta Talk Account Balance
Dial *556# to check the balance of your MTN beta talk account value and bonus account. The airtime bonus is normally available for 7 days.
MTN Beta Talk Data Plan
The beta talk plan has two major data plans. The data plan is practically seen to be favorable to low-income and low-data users. Below are the data plans available in the beta talk tariff plan:
40MB for N50
To subscribe to this data plan through SMS, text B30 to 131. But if you wish to use the shortcode, dial *123*2*1#. The data plan has a validity period of 1 day.
250MB for N200
To subscribe to this data plan via SMS, text 113 to 131. If you would like to use the shortcode, dial *131*1*1#. The data plan comes with a validity period of 2 days before it expires.